Forums

Help › Forums

Information on the 2 new tiers that WGT created

Fri, Oct 2 2015 3:44 PM (104 replies)
  • micheldess
    819 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 1:12 PM

I just play  one stroke play round since the maintenance, i score 31 on back 9 st andrews ready go and my average goes from 57.30 to 59.49 wow

Not a problem for me i'm more a 59 average player than a 57 lol

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 1:18 PM

my score has gone from 54 to 56 but i don't give a hoot, i can still play :)

im more concerned with my ball flashing at the tee box :(

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 1:21 PM

What ar happen here, I is the tour legend more than one year, play the ranking round every day

I is see mine average come al way down to 57 now this day I hits 28 score and mine average it ar jumps up to 59

If is same for all peoples I happy,  if it ar just to me then I is makes the complain

• jeffacer62
    122 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 1:27 PM

I agree Kilbraur. I just logged on and my ave was 61.98 and now its back on 65 as if I was a new TL. Hopefully I don't have to play for months to get it back down, cmon WGT get our averages back to were they supposed to be.

I wonder if this is because of the 2 new tiers created Champion and Tour Champion. Surely everyones ave didn't go up.

As for these new levels, simple anyone with a lower ave than 56 for example just put straight into Champion and then from there with whatever ranked rounds over time they will become Tour Champion.

Also what is the deal with the new camera angles. When I click on camera to set up 2nd shot it pans write back from the tee, pretty tough to get your aim in from that distance. Hopefully it's just a glitch they will fix or put back to what it was

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 1:39 PM

kilbraur:

What ar happen here, I is the tour legend more than one year, play the ranking round every day

I is see mine average come al way down to 57 now this day I hits 28 score and mine average it ar jumps up to 59

If is same for all peoples I happy,  if it ar just to me then I is makes the complain

Hi,

Based on what happened to me, your 1st round ave goes up, then you are saturated, can only go down again.

Mine went 53.44 to 54.04 first round of today, its not just you lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 1:45 PM

jeffacer62:
    I just logged on and my ave was 61.98 and now its back on 65 as if I was a new TL. Hopefully I don't have to play for months to get it back down

Unless WGT changes it, you will have to. A couple of mods have conceded the average wasn't supposed to change and it might be a bug but as of now we're back to being brand new TLs. Mine jumped 4 strokes and so far has dropped .04 for a 30 and .08 for a 29.  :(

• deadeye9145
    371 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 1:58 PM

What information aren't you making public?  Lots of questions asked.  And what is the reasoning for being secretive?

Deadeye9145

• sodakknight
    700 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 2:07 PM

WGTadmin2:

Here is a little bit more information.  To move into the Champions Tier you will need to play a decent amount of ranked games to qualify. So we will slowly see players enter the new tier.  The goal is to more accurately group the players at the top end by their skill.  As for the Tour Champions tier it will be invite only, and also be based on your Average score with the additional variable of how you performed in past tournaments.  

We have not purposely changed the AVG score calculation, so there may be a bug if you see your AVG score drastically move.  We are investigating this now.

Bug?  I am up 5.5 points after one game!

That's it...from now on I am shooting 80's in all ranked rounds...I am creating my own tier!  TLH

"Tour Legend Hack"!!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 2:44 PM

One saturated TL in my place shot a 27 and his average went down a bit, and another did the same and jumped up loads.....Ls wondering what to do and etc...

• Pootick
    1,185 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 3:17 PM

For what it worth, if anything, I did a *. search for tour champion and I found only 1 listed and that is Iconian.

RSS