Help › Forums

New Legend Driver

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 15 2011 12:09 PM (70 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 10:41 AM

jimbean346:

Not sure if this has been raised beforehand but these are the cards for my last round:

Fellas, this score beats me every-time, from any tee-box, with any clubs. JB, Your score history shows your shooting the same scores as you did when you were a Master. Where's the problem? And what is all the excitement about winning credits, their worthless!

Jake, I understand what your saying. That in-particular Tour Master happens to have game like you do apparently, we're not all cut out of the same mold. What if all Tour Masters were able to, or were forced to trade-in their Ping i15 irons for the Ping G15 irons or the Taylormade R9 irons, and use the G10 driver (270), would that level the playing field?

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 11:18 AM

Other solution IMO, is to make a Legend ball that provides a benefit.  The new balls are a complete joke!  If we had a ball that ACTUALLY went 7-8 yards farther but had twice the spin of the current Legend ball things would be closer to copacetic

This is probably the best suggestion i have heard so far,i too enjoy the challenge the legend tier poses but watching a good hit shot go weeeeeeeeeeeeee past the pin and off the green into the turkish delight is frustrating, give us a ball with more spin so shots hold the greens as they should.

WGT YOU GOT YER EARS ON

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 1:10 PM

Wow, you continue to not understand the point I'm making over and over again. I give up. Score card, my scores are not the point and your not even warm, so I'm done I guess. Those scores you see are from weekly tourney from the MASTER tee box lol.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 4:19 PM

Yeah JB, I'm done too. It's not that complex friend. Either play the game the way it is, or don't play at all, I guess. Good luck to you either way.

Those are black tees BTW, and JimBeam's a Legend player.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 8:04 PM

Yes, that's a nice card, why did you post it? JB

• TarheelsRule
    5,487 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:19 PM

In response to the new driver needed for Legends....WGT is missing the point, when we moved to the Legend tier we weren't penalized 5 or 10 yards per hole, in some cases it is 75 yards and in most cases it is at least 30 to 40 yards.  All we are asking for is a driver that gives us 10 to 15 more yards, make up 1/3 to 1/2 of that extra distance.  If I play with a tour pro who has pretty much the same equipment I do and tee off 50 yards behind him, I might have 200 into a green where he has 150, that is too far to be fair.  I can live with 2 clubs more into a green but 3 or 4 is too much.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 9:59 AM

sixkiller:

ah, heck we'll be there by Christmas!

Well, I made it before Christmas, got the driver, couldn't be more pleased with it. it is a BEAST!. With the Legend balls, I'm getting consistently 5 yds or better longer drives and the meter is about the same as the R-9 (possibly slower). Merry Christmas!

• mountainview
    40 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 9:29 PM

I was just playing in an alternate shot game and got outdriven by 96 yards.  My partner, a tour pro, almost had a heart attack.  No way he was going to be able to compete in that game and he failed miserably.  I doubt that he will want to play again soon...at least not with a legend.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 10:01 PM

I've been playing only alternate shot. In the anyone mode. Hack to Legend, I'm game. It proves the point. We are all pretty good or getting there. Thanks for playing with me.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 10:12 PM

Stay with me here for a min. people...I recently watched the "Wendy's 3 Tour Challenge"  as I'm sure some of you did as well, but for those who are not familiar with it , 3 LPGA , 3 PGA , and 3 Champions tour players played 18 holes in a best ball type format. The reason I bring this up in this thread is that the tournament set up was (IMO) as equal as you could possibly get. At the tour level as far as equipment is concerned all things being equal , meaning all 9 bags were top of the line. Examples , and then to the point. Although the ladies par 3's were lets say 155 and the men 182 , they  were all pulling the same club from the bag. Another is an approach where Dustin Johnson hit a 250 yard 5 wood to 6 ft. Same hole , Suzann Pettersen has 223 to the hole , pulls 3 wood , ends up about 15 yards long, so she could have in reality hit the 5w and probably ran it on. If Dustin and Suzann traded Drivers, he's still gonna' hit it 335 or so and she 280 or so, so the equality here is tee placement AND physical strength. At WGT , my finger is as strong as Jakes , so my idea is a strength based system NOT based on gender, but by tier. Hacks would have a range , pro's would have a range , and so on. We all keep our tee box and equipment , but legends won't be getting blown by off the tee by a lower tier, or hitting  3 iron in against a 9 iron. You would increase your range as you advanced in tier, and if lower tiers wanted to take advantage of better precision, more spin,etc. I think they would still purchase / upgrade equipment, so I see no loss in sales at  the pro-shop and a much more level field. Anyway, at the very least I've given you something to throw around for a day or two. 

Ace

RSS