rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 15 2011 12:09 PM (70 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 12:04 PM

WGTicon:

SweetiePie:

WGTicon:

Best equipment is generally available to best, most prolific players. If it was available at level 30, then there would be nothing for anyone to  look forward to or try to achieve.

Well, let's see...I've shot 27. Have a 58. Along with 96 eagles, 3 holes in one, 104 aces in CTTH and a whole bunch of awards including a 400 yrd drive. But I've always been a crummy putter. I want to purchase the Ghost but I'm not good enough...Gotta love it!

I hear ya, but we all started at level 30 and many people are reaching 70's and 80s. Your equipment, imo, is just fine to shoot low. If you want the best, then you you have something to look forward :)

TarheelsRule:

I don't know that a driver adding 5 yards is worth it.  WGT needs to get a driver to the legends only that goes to about 295 making the much longer courses more fair to our level.

I disagree. What's the point of then making legends tier and providing with much longer driver so STA would play same as masters>? I.e. driver + wedge.

As a legend, you have to be good enough to hit long irons & woods, make longer putts - that's the reason this is the highest tier, as it provides most challenge.

-icon

I don't need more driver or better irons or any more wedges or balls. The one thing that is of interest, helpful or not, is the Ghost putter, and it will take months to be able to buy it and so I will decline...it's now or never Baby. It's like my Rolex...which I never wear.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 12:51 PM

WGTicon:
    What's the point of then making legends tier and providing with much longer driver so STA would play same as masters>? I.e. driver + wedge.

I agree, but this is what the Legend player has been asking for since the new Tiers & Levels were implemented, and since everyone's average has been frozen by the new average calculation, the current Legend players will enjoy driver/wedge like the days of old once they level-up to obtain the new driver. And since no other members are going to be advancing to the Legend tier anytime soon, there's plenty of time for a Legend to level-up as well.

In addition, with no new tier to advance too, or longer tee-boxes to play from, the Legend player is eventually going to find their-selves in the same situation as the old system. I figure the restlessness will start around the 4th of July.   : )

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 1:16 PM

WGTicon:

What's the point of then making legends tier and providing with much longer driver so STA would play same as masters>? I.e. driver + wedge.

As a legend, you have to be good enough to hit long irons & woods, make longer putts - that's the reason this is the highest tier, as it provides most challenge.

I didn't make Legend, someone arbitrarily put me here on 9/1/10.  They were wrong IMO.

Great post tiffer, I agree 100% with you.

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 1:33 PM

What's the point of locking clubs for legends Icon? Wasn't the whole point of the leveling up in tiers to get equipment to stop sandbagging? What kind of sandbagging can you do hitting three irons into par 4s? Hey don't get me wrong it's fun back here and sometimes a hilarious challenge but I've never gotten a simple straight forward answer to this question. 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 1:58 PM

6packmike:

What's the point of locking clubs for legends Icon? Wasn't the whole point of the leveling up in tiers to get equipment to stop sandbagging? What kind of sandbagging can you do hitting three irons into par 4s? Hey don't get me wrong it's fun back here and sometimes a hilarious challenge but I've never gotten a simple straight forward answer to this question. 

I'll try to convey 'my thinking' and bear in mind, it's what I think. Mostly this system is designed as a longer-term solution. Obviously everyone has the best clubs before it was turned on, so no point then. But, as new clubs comeout, people playing, getting more experience, level, they have something to look forward to.

Now, new members who just signed up, will have a more structured system to advance with, while older members, still have to gain levels to get the latest. In my active days, I could get 2-3 levels a day until mid 60's.

I am not sure if it clarifies 100% the thinking as I understand it.

-icon

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 2:04 PM

WGTicon:
    Mostly this system is designed as a longer-term solution.

How, precisely do level boosting drinks fit into that school of thought?  The epitome of short-termism.

As for sandbagging the new averages which appear glacial in movement, will lock sandbaggers into their tier for far longer than before. And MPC doesn't count in the average. 

All recent changes on this site seem to be knee-jerk and ill-conceived

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:28 PM

Icon, i think you are missing the point.....a point i believe you would have understood a couple of months ago. First off, i really love this game.  I have yet to get tired of playing it and the ability to play with other humans is immensely enjoyable. I find it challenging and difficult to master.  Most legends aren't saying that they can't shoot low enough. I am perfectly happy with my current average. What we are saying is that tour masters have a very distinct advantage over us by allowing them(many comparable to legends in ability)to use shorter tees while still using the same equipment.  Better football teams aren't disadvantaged when playing less capable football teams by having to go 15 yards for a 1st down or 120 yds for a touchdown.  The same is true for every sport.  Better players and teams win more......that's the way it is and that's the way it should be...period.  To me, it's just not that difficult to understand. You don't have to make it any easier for legends....just don't make it so easy for tour masters.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 7:17 PM

People keep mentioning driver / wedge game for Legends, you could add 25 yards to the driver and still not be close to that. Please stop saying that, it makes you look foolish. JB

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 7:30 PM

JB, are you playing the same game as everyone else?

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 9:01 PM

OK, once and for all, you can't play mpc or ready goes and yet you spout off at the mouth like you have a clue.  Richard, why do you insist on posting on things you can't possibly understand? Your not a Legend, but you comment on all things Legend. I really want to understand your thinking, but you have NEVER experienced ANY of the things you speak of. How can this be? Dude stop!!!!!     JB

RSS