Forums

Help › Forums

New Legend Driver

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 15 2011 12:09 PM (70 replies)
  • rlweller
    108 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 7:50 AM

The new driver for legend is obtained at level 80 is it me or is this number kinda high. How come legends have to wait till 84 to obtain this, FFS have we not been screwed enough?Just my opinion everyones got them but to have this set at such high number i think is kinda ridicolous.Just like to hear others opinions maybe its just me seeing this.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:03 AM

ah, heck we'll be there by Christmas!

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:26 AM

I wouldn't really call that a legend driver. It is only rated 2 yards longer than the Super-Tri and as a very low precision rating.It costs 1495 vs the Super-Tri at 1395. You pay 100 credits more for 2 more yards that might go anywhere due to the 50/50 precision rating. Doesn't seem worth it to me. The Super-tri is bad enough at it's 60/40 precision rating. If they finally do make a Legend driver in my opinion it should be at least  rated at 285 to 290.And have a precision rating of at least 70/30 The Ping G10 is rated at 80/20 fro precision that's what makes it a great choice for so many players.Maybe They Need to make the Legend driver if they ever do make one The new Ping K-15. All Pings on here have a higher precision rating than their TM counter parts.

• peterpan00
    4 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:27 AM

Make it clear , that Driver is there for everyone not just LEGENDS

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:31 AM

Best equipment is generally available to best, most prolific players. If it was available at level 30, then there would be nothing for anyone to  look forward to or try to achieve.

275driver is perfectly adequate, but 280 just gives you that much more if you want to dedicate time to get it.

Of course, there will be more clubs down the line.

-icon

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:55 AM

WGTicon:
    If it was available at level 30, then there would be nothing for anyone to  look forward to or try to achieve

Exactly! If they don't come out with clubs at much higher levels then why would I care about trying to get to level 91? At this point I don't. I have all the clubs i need for right now. I have a 275yd driver and the other clubs to compliment it. So other than maybe the new putter I really have nothing to look forward to as far as purchasing new clubs goes.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 9:36 AM

WGTicon:

Best equipment is generally available to best, most prolific players. If it was available at level 30, then there would be nothing for anyone to  look forward to or try to achieve.

Well, let's see...I've shot 27. Have a 58. Along with 96 eagles, 3 holes in one, 104 aces in CTTH and a whole bunch of awards including a 400 yrd drive. But I've always been a crummy putter. I want to purchase the Ghost but I'm not good enough...Gotta love it!

• TarheelsRule
    5,487 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 9:40 AM

I don't know that a driver adding 5 yards is worth it.  WGT needs to get a driver to the legends only that goes to about 295 making the much longer courses more fair to our level.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 11:13 AM

SweetiePie:

WGTicon:

Well, let's see...I've shot 27. Have a 58. Along with 96 eagles, 3 holes in one, 104 aces in CTTH and a whole bunch of awards including a 400 yrd drive. But I've always been a crummy putter. I want to purchase the Ghost but I'm not good enough...Gotta love it!

I hear ya, but we all started at level 30 and many people are reaching 70's and 80s. Your equipment, imo, is just fine to shoot low. If you want the best, then you you have something to look forward :)

TarheelsRule:

I don't know that a driver adding 5 yards is worth it.  WGT needs to get a driver to the legends only that goes to about 295 making the much longer courses more fair to our level.

I disagree. What's the point of then making legends tier and providing with much longer driver so STA would play same as masters>? I.e. driver + wedge.

As a legend, you have to be good enough to hit long irons & woods, make longer putts - that's the reason this is the highest tier, as it provides most challenge.

-icon

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 11:42 AM

WGTicon:

As a legend, you have to be good enough to hit long irons & woods, make longer putts - that's the reason this is the highest tier, as it provides most challenge.

-icon

That may well be the case but it is clearly evident that there are a huge number of Legends who do not have the ability to justify the tier, myself included. As a result there are many commited players who are not enjoying this game to anywhere near the extent they once were.

WGT have screwed a load of people with their recent changes, all of which are designed to maximise revenue for the company. I see little being given back to those that spend the most money. There had better be some decent updates soon, including some of the things people have been asking. You know driving range, practice putting green, improvements to fringe putting and god forbid an improved meter. If not then a lot of people are going to get very bored and pissed off at what they'll perceive as being taken for a ride........

Right now it is more the WGT community that keeps me interested in this game, than anything the company is doing to improve it......

RSS