Forums

Help › Forums

Reference of CC Levels and XPs

Sun, Aug 29 2021 5:32 AM (217 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 1:46 PM

The CCs should work hard and spend for a lot of balls and passes to obtain these figures! "Sensibility" is for wimps and whiners - Real Men let action be followed by more action!

(Edit: Tongue-in-cheek)

• nopro17
    16,134 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 1:59 PM

racoondad:

It took 250 active members 1.5 months to reach level 9.

By this rate, it will be 6 months to level 10, maybe 2 years to level 11...

For clubs with 50 active members, that's 30 month to level 10, 10 years to level 11. Nice, very nice.

I am a member of TPC.

It was pretty discouraging to see that Level 10 number.  We are a big, active club and will probably get there before the end of the year if we maintain our current pace.

On the other hand, I have no idea how somebody can start a club now and get to Level 10 in anything close to a reasonable amount of time.  We're talking years here.

Similarly, if you're in a 50-member club, there isn't very much incentive to get to a higher level once you're at Level 5 or 6.

There might be some method to WGT's madness here but I fail to see it.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 2:10 PM

I don't think anyone here envisioned clubs moving this fast up in the levels.  I am sure there will be some sort of re-looking at the XP needed.

- WGTdbloshoe

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 2:24 PM

An open letter to WGT:

We learned today that a very good idea has been totally destroyed by WGT.

We now know what WGT had in mind for a level 10 Country Club:   17,656,000 CC XPs for a difference of:  11,055,062 CC XPs to go from Level 9 to Level 10.

This is the current progression:

CC Level

CC XPs

Increase

I was going to say that WGT shot themselves in the foot with this one but it is more like they shot themselves in the head.

From a person who has bought or gifted 119 CC Passes; I will buy my last one later today when I play my round for the new day after 5pm PST.

With numbers like these no person in their right mind will buy a CC Pass.

I would like to point out the amount of time it will take just to get to level 10.

If you are lucky enough to be in The Peoples Club it will take you 78 days to get to level 10.

If you are lucky enough to be in any of the other top 10 CCs (in CC XPs to date) it will take between 117 and 214 days from now to reach Level 10.

Are you in a CC that is in position 11 to 25? If so then your CC will take between 218 and 375 days to reach level 10.

Not so “lucky” and in a CC in 26th to 50th? Your CC will make Level 10 in 380 to 693 days.

Did your CC just celebrate getting to level 6?  If so get ready to celebrate Level 10 in just 924 days.

Those who just got to Level 5?  Hey 46 days to get the first 5 levels Congrats! Now you have to wait a mere 1,965 days to get to level 10! Hey think of it this way it is only 5 years, 4 months and 2 weeks (give or take a few days) from now.

Now I am not very good at trend lines so maybe someone can help here.

The trend line for levels looked pretty smooth and pretty good until all of a sudden a month ago we saw what was needed for Level 9. I had predicted 3.6 million but we got 6.6 million. As The Peoples Club was progressing toward Level 9 I came up with a range for what I could see might happen. My range was 11-12 million to get to Level 10.

Instead we got slapped in the face with 17 million.

You can see why I said I was bad with a trend line analysis.

What is the number for Level 11 with this trend?  50 million? Little more little less?

Does WGT think they will sell more passes if the goal gets bigger and bigger?  

My advice to all CC members both in my CC and every other CC in WGT: Never buy a pass again.

Maybe one should think about it up until their CC gets to Level 8 but then stop immediately.

Ed

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 2:29 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

I don't think anyone here envisioned clubs moving this fast up in the levels.  I am sure there will be some sort of re-looking at the XP needed.

- WGTdbloshoe

Oh my gosh Shoe you have to be kidding us!

The curve is going to get steeper is what you just implied.

I am furious.

Ed

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 2:37 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    I don't think anyone here envisioned clubs moving this fast up in the levels.
    It would be interesting to know how much research WGT undertook into how quickly a large and active club could gain CC XP's before they introduced the idea?

I think I may already know the answer to that question.

• nopro17
    16,134 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 3:17 PM

EasyEdward:

The curve is going to get steeper is what you just implied.

What he implied was that all of the talk about increasing the number of tournaments available to CC's to 15 or 20 was theoretically correct but realistically impossible for all but the biggest existing clubs.  I hope that we all live long enough to see a new CC start today and get to Level 15.

EasyEdward:

My advice to all CC members both in my CC and every other CC in WGT: Never buy a pass again.

This cannot be stressed strongly enough.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 5:25 PM

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 6:20 PM

What I suggest is quite simple.

Every CC should have on there message board "DO NOT BUT A PASS - USE THE ONE FREE ONE EACH DAY - BUT NEVER BUY ONE'"

WGT informed me earlier today that WGT did not expect a CC like The Peoples Club to progress so rapidly up the levels. 

Now, I am a proud and loyal member of The Peoples Club but now I feel sad (well upset)  about encouraging others in our club to buy into this WGT program. Had we and others just muddled along and gotten a few hundred thousand XPs a week  the curve initially shown on page one would have happened.

Instead, we were sold a false bill of goods.

There are over 40,000 CCs in WGT - much higher than my previous estimate of 2,000. Somehow we need to let them all know not to buy into this at all.

I request WGT be courageous enough to mass e-mail the information about how long it will take and how many CC XPs it will take just to get to level 10 to every CC owner.

Everyone should know what they are buying into before they start paying.

Ed

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 7:50 PM

Read past threads / comments.  

Away from not thinking through how quickly clubs can tier up:

What is really driving the economy?  Small Medium Enterprise (SME) - basics.  

WGT set up a system aimed at only the big clubs.  By design (well lack of looks) or not that's what happened.

WGT bring in a major product development without knowing the end goals (well OK less than half a clue).  No end game = failure.  Basics again and been basics for thousands of years.  Sun Tzu is not just read by the military for good reason. 

Synergies may not be exact, but close as for these purposes.  If anything knowing it's just a game anyway makes it even more of a how did you think this would work (or more likely just not think as yet again something is simply rushed through).

This was all predicted in a minute by many and should have been predictable by WGT, and so a major problem got created needlessly.

EasyEdward:
    I request WGT be courageous enough to mass e-mail the information about how long it will take and how many CC XPs it will take just to get to level 10 to every CC owner.

That "latest" number simply smacks of just a WTF put some silly number out there whilst we sort out an old fashioned right royal balls up - breathing space.  I would thus not get too concerned about that as all looks a very moving target anyway, but the mass E-mail idea I am not knocking.  

Several in the community have already told / alluded WGT to use activity per head as the measure, not using basically just size, and they should have known that from the off anyway - BASICS 101.

Well played to the peoples club and so on, and this is only WGTs mess to sort out, and people going along with it in good faith is not their fault.  I am sure several probably smelt a rat, but went for the "forlorn" ride just in case and etc....

Repeating but  weighting it towards activity per head more looks a good start point.  High membership / active places can still flourish, but so can others.  No disrespect but "thinking" (well it was not thought I know which is the problem) everyone gives a rats about getting big  is crazy, and so TPC gets rightly pi$$ed (same as other active high membership count  clubs I suspect), and everyone else gave up caring anyway.........BRILLIANT!  Still a salvageable concept, but not on this path. 

RSS