Forums

Help › Forums

Reference of CC Levels and XPs

Sun, Aug 29 2021 5:32 AM (217 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 2:36 AM

Is there a competition between the CCs, for weekly points or lifetime points?

I don't see it, regardless of the new "leaderboard". This only promotes a hype, to the benefit of the company.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 3:34 AM

I guess there are a couple of ways of looking at it alosso...

You can sort the clubs by earning and you can sort the clubs by Level/ experience points.
    Depending on what you may see as your clubs aim, would then depend on what acitivities you would promote in the club.

So, a successful CC is purely in the owners reflection of how he/ she would like to see the club progress.

A mix of both ultimately.

It is all Kudos deserved to Courteney and TPC of a very active club with .. at least close to 100% member participation.
    As well as the other clubs up there. There is something to learn from them all.

Personally , I like to look at the clubs  XP now that there is a measuring stick, so to speak.
    it might give a sense of competition if nothing other than a goal, for progression.

Once you are comfortable with one goal , then other goals will manifest. 

This all assuming of course that you would like to have a club that is at least , mildly competitive and feel like you would WANT to run a happy club according to the members culture.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 4:35 AM

My way to see it is third to these:

Earnings is a questionable sort because it appeals to gamblers - nothing against them but it's not everybody's choice.

XPs depend on number and activity of the members, and IMHO is a company invention to their profit: You must play&pay for progress, and the members are driven into a hype.

I take it easy & prefer a very relaxed view: Have fun, live to enjoy!

I don't want to be the pusher or the autocratic owner of my CC (no pun intended), and certainly the members have a say in CC live and progress, if only by staying or leaving.

• stevepsheehan
    2,791 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 6:00 AM

Courteney - of course no disrespect was meant, in fact quite the opposite ;-)

All I was trying to say was, that with 250 active members, it's easy to accrue the XP extremely quickly. 

We are both in the very fortunate position of having a 250 member CC in existence before these new rules etc came into force - it's going to be MUCH harder for new CCs to reach the same level.

Steve

ps. holding on in a top 10 place (currently 6th) on the leaderboard with just 94 members takes a bit of doing too ;-)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 6:23 AM

Being a big club that is also active will not necessarily mean it's all plain sailing.  If I were just getting into the game, and saw a club at say L10 and offering 4% XP extra a pop I would think marvellous.  At near L100 4% extra XP a pop is exactly piffle.

Suddenly recruitment to the big new club is easier, but so are the ongoing admin issues.  Take my hat of on that one to all owners, as not an arena I would be looking to compete in.

A more medium sized club that is established with higher tiered players I don't think cares too much about any of this.  In my experience it's usually the higher tiers that offer the most ongoing reliability anyway, and yes encouragement to lower tiers can help but that's also work that not all want.

Basically what I am saying is I can't see this one making much difference to anyone in the end.  I think the nice to have's will be well within reach for most clubs and the fluff type things of 5 officers in 2018 at L15 (whatever) a really who cares.

I think the sugar rush of the XP chase (37 credits to have your free pass confiscated for 12 hours) will lose pace pretty quick, and then back to business more normally.  Some clubs will flourish as big clubs, some as medium, some small and all good if you are in the place that suits you.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 6:32 AM

alosso:

Is there a competition between the CCs, for weekly points or lifetime points?

I don't see it, regardless of the new "leaderboard". This only promotes a hype, to the benefit of the company.

Totally agree with this.

Just another teat on the udder of the WGT cash cow.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 2:10 PM

My guess is that WGT had a basic plan as to how fast CCs would make it (in days, weeks or months) to certain levels and then made some guesses as to the number of CC XPs to meet that plan. Again a guess but my thought is that WGT altered the number after they saw how the new system is progressing.

My hope is that the curve becomes more natural after the big jump getting to level 9.

I also believe it is in the best interests of WGT to make sure that CCs do not give up on the whole CC XP aspect because the targets are way too high. In my humble opinion, if a fairly active CC sees that it will take half a year to make the next level – they will give up AND for good reason.

Unfortunately that may be what we have with level 9 being set so high.

At my last check at noon WGT time, there were 42 CCs that have attained level 6. Some numbers:  The Peoples Club will make level 9 in about 19 days. The most recent Level 6 CC will make level 9 in about 188 days at their current rate.   

The question that WGT needs to answer is quite simple: How many CCs do you want to give up and no longer participate?

I am not sure how many CCs there are in WGT but I would suspect that there are 1,000 plus CCs. If one of the top 50 CCs (top 5% at best) in all of WGT land gets frustrated and “gives up” then the system / numbers for the CC XPs and levels has a serious game design flaw.

With the disclaimer that I am a proud member of The Peoples Club, I believe WGT should look at the design and CC XPs needed and base it around the 50th not the 1st.

Ed  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 12:29 PM

alosso:
    CC Level        XPs             corresponding individual level
          10     17,656,000   XP       (new)

Next level: XPs almost tripled...

Congrats, Courteney!

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 1:14 PM

alosso:

alosso:
    CC Level        XPs             corresponding individual level
          10     17,656,000   XP       (new)

Next level: XPs almost tripled...

Congrats, Courteney!

It took 250 active members 1.5 months to reach level 9.

By this rate, it will be 6 months to level 10, maybe 2 years to level 11...

For clubs with 50 active members, that's 30 month to level 10, 10 years to level 11. Nice, very nice.

• stevepsheehan
    2,791 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 1:21 PM

Congratulations Courteney, and all at TPC :-)

These figures are making a mockery of any sensible analysis, but for what it's worth, I've updated my earlier chart below. It begs the question of where on earth will the next level or two be? I suggest around 50 million, then possibly 150+ million. And they are promising us more levels above 15! The mind boggles at what sort of numbers they must be thinking of :-(((

Even if you take a very basic assumption of the figure trebling at each new level, L15 now comes in at a staggering 4,290,408,000 !

Steve

Edit: just to clarify the above, the blue line was extrapolated from the XP requirements from L1 to L7. The pink line is the actual figures.

RSS