Forums

Help › Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Sun, Sep 10 2023 6:38 PM (475 replies)
  • mealone
    5 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 8:22 AM

I play on a Laptop and always have blips, stop  and goes, ball hit line goes by and stops pat where I hit and stops. I was told that's the way the game is played on a laptop.  

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 8:41 AM

For the past few days have been getting the "load timeout" message much more than usual, even in solo play games.  Had gotten used to it in multi-player games, so have avoided those...but the problem seems to be affecting all games now.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 11:17 AM

thanks guys!

please keep this 1 alive, we always looking to find and fix the issues to make the game as smooth as possible!

• fourdude
    1,311 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 2:16 PM

pdb1:

How about a sensible update please . How about sharing some kind information to the more than interested majority . Anything . Something real . But no more insults please . 

Thank you 

WGT user

pdb1

Sounds like a great idea pdb1, would be nice, hope I live to see that happen!

• GeraldRisch
    27 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2016 7:03 PM

2 games today--3 strikes and I'm out. I know explorer is old, but can't even finish a game. WGT really must dislike explorer. Tried others with not much better luck. My rant is done.

Long time player getting fed up

• AceBeam77
    5 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2016 8:34 PM

All golfers appear left handed when you select left handed. Even other players. Can this be fixed. Thanks. WGT mobile by the way. 

• Syxguns
    178 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2016 9:22 PM

GeraldRisch:

2 games today--3 strikes and I'm out. I know explorer is old, but can't even finish a game. WGT really must dislike explorer. Tried others with not much better luck. My rant is done.

Long time player getting fed up

I have to agree with you on a couple of points that you made.  The first one is the 3 strikes.  We were all happy when they finally implemented that policy, but as of late I would have to say they need to do away with it.  I get blue screens, or problems loading all the time.  Sometimes this happens on the first hole, or if another times out.

The second thing is that I don't believe the error lies with explorer.  I use Firefox, Waterfox, Opera, and Chrome.  I have the issues with all the browsers.  It is 100% WGT on this problem and the worst part is that if you are playing a tournament you could lose by default because of log out issues, even if you were beating your opponent.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 9:12 AM

AceBeam77:

All golfers appear left handed when you select left handed. Even other players. Can this be fixed. Thanks. WGT mobile by the way. 

Your setting for Left or Right handed will change your opponents stance on your screen. This is just to load your opponent's shots faster on your device. 

_CHAMPION

• Arrons1977
    144 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 9:11 AM

Yes Doc I have seen this error so many times and getting sick of it. Also the blue screen after someone disconnects or the white screen with the explanation mark on it. Also while playing one person disconnects because their page won't load and when they finally get back in, I get that blue screen and won't load, I have to close my browser and re-enter the game. Now that makes one disconnect per person, every time this happens, it is the opponent who disconnected in the first place.  Then I get a blue screen again and have to reload and it comes up and says, you or your partner has disconnected 3 times, lose have been disqualified. This has happened to me and many others in our CC. As a result, many of us have all but quit playing this game. Apparently this site does not have an error log programmed into their game, Yeah right. They know these problems exists but seems they would rather lose revenue than fix or admit there is a problem. There's no way they can convince me they can't replicate these problems. Like someone else said, play the game at home or an internet cafe and see if it happens to them. A better suggestion is, play a game with my cousin and myself, (away from your server) and you will then see what we see. I ask wgticon and wgtadin guys to play an alt shot game with us away from the server and see if it happens. If they really want to see the root of the problem, they would do this or if not play a game with us, I can supply a list of other people who are having the same issues with this game. Lets sort the problem out and we all know it's not our computers or browsers. 

RSS