Forums

Help › Forums

R1 Level 93 Special Edition

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:45 PM (195 replies)
  • Painter13
    285 Posts
    Sat, Jun 7 2014 7:35 AM

I have yet to reach lvl 93.....I wanted badly the R1 for the distance in drive length,

I have the Big Bertha and up against the R1 lvl93 driver I can and almost do out drive it

with the same balls as the player hitting it....R1 is a choice.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Jun 7 2014 7:56 AM

I was waiting for this thread to come back up. I actually went and looked at the drivers of some of the top money earners, about 20 or 30. What I saw, was not the black R1.  The majority of the top earners had the Nike Covert, I d say about 40 or 50%. Next was the White R1, about 30 or 40% and i think of the 20 or 30 people I looked at only 2 or 3 of them had the black R1 and I think 2 or 3 of them had the BB Alpha.

So not sure where you are looking that all of these top players have black R1. Think prob most of them have the white R1 and the Covert and use the 2 interchangeably based on what course they are playing and what type of wind

• Brute407
    162 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 6:23 PM

If you think the R1 and G20 are the same distance ....... then I want what you are smoking.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 10:27 PM

Brute407:

If you think the R1 and G20 are the same distance ....... then I want what you are smoking.

Once you get into the top drivers, 280 yards +, then the ball used starts to become a big factor, along with what sort of bounce you get when the ball first hits the fairway.

If player 1 uses the G20 and player 2 uses the R1 and they both play, for example, a L33 Cally then player 2 will drive further every time assuming they both use the same spin and both get the same bounce on the initial landing.

Give player 1 one of the top level Nike balls and then they'll become the longer hitter.

Things will swing back and forth a bit once different bounces come into play though which is why you'll often see someone with a supposedly inferior driver out hit someone with the longest in the game. 

Overall the longer drivers will hit further more consistently but they will also be out driven by some shorter drivers now and then.

• bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 10:34 PM

What you said makes waaay too much sense.  It can't possibly be that simple.....  ;-)

MainzMan:

Once you get into the top drivers, 280 yards +, then the ball used starts to become a big factor, along with what sort of bounce you get when the ball first hits the fairway.

If player 1 uses the G20 and player 2 uses the R1 and they both play, for example, a L33 Cally then player 2 will drive further every time assuming they both use the same spin and both get the same bounce on the initial landing.

Give player 1 one of the top level Nike balls and then they'll become the longer hitter.

Things will swing back and forth a bit once different bounces come into play though which is why you'll often see someone with a supposedly inferior driver out hit someone with the longest in the game. 

Overall the longer drivers will hit further more consistently but they will also be out driven by some shorter drivers now and then.

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Mon, Jun 9 2014 1:20 AM

TDSLIMIT:
    And Yet Another Top Player who is  way above Level 93  that uses the Black R1

I just looked at your clubs TD....you have been making the point of why is a player above level 98 still using the 93 R1.....well..I have the same question to you my good man...why are you using the level 83 G20's instead of using the 90 R11's???

~Steven~

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Jun 9 2014 3:22 AM

Here is a game i played with 2 guys who had the black r1 one had the 5 dot distance nikes and the other had 5.5 i was using the lvl 33 callies and the nike covert

so i dont really c a 10-12 yrd distance gap because the black r1 is so great ohh and i even missed a fairway which means a distance loss 

but did it matter in the end ...no cause ed blistered us lol so there is no glitch or fact that the black r1 is greater than all the other drivers 

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Mon, Jun 9 2014 3:37 AM

I said it once and say it again.        using the same ball  using the same spin.  The R1 Black will outdrive every driver made in this game.      most of the time by 10/12 yards further  depending on wind.     :)      Hints the fact you have players Level 101 and even higher still using a low level 93 driver when there 10 levels above that.       I mean you they upgrade all there other equipment to the newer stuff.  But why not there driver?   How about because its the best driver in the game.  Made with some sort of Glitch that with certain spins used  during certain winds make it out drive able.   :) 

RSS