Help › Forums

R1 Level 93 Special Edition

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:45 PM (195 replies)
  • spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 8:07 PM

TDSLIMIT:

Just as to enlighten you spdemon.    Back months and months ago before I took a much needed long break from the game.  I use to have the R1 Black.   I sold it along with all my other equipment I use to have when I sent gifts to my buddies hoping I wasn't gonna be returning to this cash cow they call a video game.   But I am back and well after over 4 years spent here.  I would say Im entitled to my opinion.  And well that opinion is The R1 Black has some sort of built in glitch and seems in my eyes to go further by 10/12 yards than any other driver.  Depending on the wind and what spin you use.         MY OPINION.       Donnie 

The fact is bro it does not i had it ,got the white one and have the nike it just depends on where the ball hit the fairway most of the time i will say i like the r1 better at St. Andrews but thats about it 

There is no glitch as u say with the black one 

And i would say J keeps his because its not worth dropping another 3000 credits for a driver that will do the same as the one he already has (which is the point he made in his post )

Ive out drove people using the 5 distance nike balls and black r1 with the 3 callies and the nike driver is that a glitch ....no

Might be because u now have the sldr which is a good driver but most of the time shorter than the r1 u think this way but idk( yeah i had it too btw lol)

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 8:07 AM

TDSLIMIT:

Well peeking at your equipment   jsweet.  Seems you have upgraded your 3wood  to the new Bertha.  And you have changed your irons to the newly introduced Nikes that came out a few months back.     However you have choose to stay with the R1 Black.   

Your Level 98 which is 5 Levels above what It took to get the Black R1.    Now that's 5 levels and we both know it takes a very long time to move up 5 Levels once you get into the 90s.    Getting from Level 93 to 98 would take your probably over a year depending on how much you play.      And depending if you choose to use any power up boosts.    Now with that said  why  I call BS on your excuse as to why you haven't choose a Higher Level driver.  

For someone who seemingly knows everything about this game, you aren't too bright.

Ill see if I can spell it out a little clearer. I happened to have just turned 93, before thanksgiving. So i got my Black R1 on black friday, how fitting.  At the time I had the SLDR, love it by the way.  So that is Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, April, May - a little over 6 months, and I am actually about to go 99 (20K XP). So if i already spent 3500cr on the black R1, and its in my bag, why in God's name would a drop another 3K to get the white one, when it does the same thing!!! Unless I had ungodly amount of credits and just wanted to collect clubs.

The 96 Alpha came out, not that long ago. I did rent it and try it. Opted not to purchase it, as I did not see any added benefit.  What i could see gaining in one area I was losing in another. It wasnt cuz I thought - FACT: my R1 will outdrive this puppy by 10-12 yards all day long.

When i get to 100 i will rent the covert, can't see buying it cuz its loft is very high and in headwinds it gets alot of distance knocked off, seen it with my friend, however in tailwinds he was out driving my R1. It also has softer landings so on some holes it is a benefit, long par 3 on oak, drivable par 4 on Oly. If I don't buy it, its only cuz the value isn't there.  Why spend 3K+ if you aren't getting that kind of value back.

I upgraded to the Nike irons cuz I felt they were worth it, meter speed being a huge factor for me, as well as the additional spin and loft. I upgraded putter from max master to versa, cuz it was worth it, IMO, my putting has improved immensely since I got it. I upgraded to the 3wd, cuz it had 5 extra yards which equals more par 5s reached=more eagles=better scores=better return on RGs and tourneys.

I personally could careless as well if I am hitting my 3 or 4 iron. They both rock and if you ding em and know your yardages you can stick em both near the pin. Not to mention, the little bit more your ball might travel offline, do to the extra distance you are hitting, shouldn't matter that much if you got your putting down. Putting is where scores really happen.

Sometimes it comes down to value, not always about some glitch or deviation or whatever. You know what, some people play clubs on here, just cuz they like em, not cuz they are better clubs. Fraenkel and his G25s come to mind. He has been asking for those clubs for a long time. They came out and are no different than the G20s, but he still is gonna buy them, cuz obviously he is a Ping fan and likes those clubs in real life.

So call BS all you like, you seem to have everything figured out, for everybody, in fact. Quite possibly clairvoyant since you seem to know what everyone is thinking and why they play the clubs they play and do the things they do.

You should just take the 22K and buy all the drivers and some balls, equip them and go do your little test, oh right, you sold your black R1. Whoops!!

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 8:23 AM

I play with players with Black R1 and they never out drive me by 10-12 yards,,EVER...The only difference then my BB level 96 driver is into headwind..slight advantage to R1...

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 8:39 AM

Jresh0817:
    The only difference then my BB level 96 driver is into headwind..slight advantage to R1...

and that is the reason i didn't buy it. I have an uncanny ability to pull headwind sets.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 9:09 AM

The only difference between the 93+ and 98+ R1 drivers , is the color , and nothing more . It was a limited edition , and probably wont return again . There are plenty of good drivers in the game , so dont focus on whats not in the game . It is what it is , and thats that . Play up , level up , and get your game on . Have a nice day . :-)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 9:50 AM

The lvl 100 nike is just as long as R1 in most condition and much more versatile...I have both and use it 99% of the time now that I know how to use the spin...downwind full b/s will cost you yardage with the nike...

If you look at the top money winners and the TL best avg list, it is about 40% R1, 40% Nike, and 20% BB with TL's over lvl 100 which doesn't mean squat because most of them own both if not all 3, and switch back and forth...

Now at Oly the Nike is the nuts, goes over trees and cuts most every corner, it is probably 20 yrds longer than R1 there if your playing in the short grass LOL....

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:39 PM

Ya well I got you well figured and well a 2 year TL Level 98 in 2 years.    Wow to that someone may need a little sun.   :)     Hey sweet your entitled to your opinion.  I say your wrong and by you still carrying that R1  say as you wish.. You prove my point.    

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:47 PM

TDSLIMIT:
    Ya well I got you well figured and well a 2 year TL Level 98 in 2 years.    Wow to that someone may need a little sun.   :)

Actualy, you dont have a clue. Its like I said, for someone who thinks they know everything you sure are clueless.

Did you check the flag, I practically live on the sun. Care to know what I do?  Manage a hotel in paradise, so I am the boss.  When i get stuck working office duty, guess what I can do at the same time, play WGT. Been here 3 years in case you were wondering.

So I get to see scarlet macaws and Toucans and the ocean from my bedroom window and play WGT when I feel like.

Guess you missed the boat on that one, another whoops! Which probably means you are wrong about a lot of other things. Just sayin

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 3:48 PM

So you get paid to play WGT allday wonder if the Hotels owners know your a deadbeat manager who likes to play video games during his working hours.   Another story all in its own.     Take this from me as I am a small business owner myself.    I sit back and collect 3 checks a month.    And If I had an employee who would rather play a video game then help take care of my company while im paying him.  Well lets just say he or she would be there long.        And considering you made 98 levels in 2 years I would say WGT is your full time job.    So that must mean you have 2 fulltime jobs.   More BS     I figure you to be a fulltime couch potato.    IMO  

P.S.  JUST SAYIN   LOL 

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 4:01 PM

wrong again on all counts.

Thanks for playing, Please try again.

RSS