Help › Forums

R1 Level 93 Special Edition

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:45 PM (195 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 11:45 PM

lonniescott711:
    The only difference between the 93+ and 98+ R1 drivers , is the color , and nothing more .

+1. NO difference except colour.

Additionally and personally I think the Pro Shop should get R1 equivalents way down the XP scale though.  L93 for something like the R1 should be plenty IMO.  

As an R1 user I only rented the L96 BB, but thought that was solution fixing a problem that never existed on a good day.  On a bad day I could only see it created problems that never existed.  JMO from a free rental only.  Others may like it, and it's extra choice anyway so all good that it is in the pro shop. I do think it is at a silly high level though, and should be down more where it is really competing at an SLDR type level.  My brief use of the SLDR  suggested that would probably be my choice anyway if I never had the R1, but again JMO, and nothing against more choice.

I would also say that any one who gets the R1 thinking it will be some magical scoring weapon is in for a nasty shock.  Compared to any half decent driver the R1 will show a big indifference to any stats movement.  

But the R1 is a nice to have, must make MP against mates more fun (keeping up or at least knowing you are on level terms), and L98 is too far off for many genuine (albeit time challenged) people.  Lowering the level it is available at I can only see encouraging people more to play, and L93 is no easy task anyway.

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 4:01 AM

So yet another High Level 99  Low 56 Avg. Player in JIM still uses the Black R1  Point Made.    :)        I know maybe he is waiting until he reaches Level 100 to get the Nike.    Not ..LOL        Instead he is very happy with his Low Level 93 Driver he has.  Why?   Because it outhits all the rest.  Its an easy answer.    By 10/12 Yards at times.  

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 4:27 AM

TDSLIMIT:

So yet another High Level 99  Low 56 Avg. Player in JIM still uses the Black R1  Point Made.    :)

What point exactly?  That the L93 and the L98 drivers are the same so there's no sense buying the L98 one if you already have the L93 version?

That's what everyone's been trying to tell you.  Of course there are more L93 R1 drivers out there, the number of players with access to the L98 one is fairly small and a lot of them already have the L93.

The only attractive driver after that is the L100 Nike.

TDSLIMIT:

Because it outhits all the rest.  Its an easy answer.    By 10/12 Yards at times.  

Of course it will.  At times.  Depending on ball and the area of fairway it first hits a SLDR will also out drive a L93 R1 by 15 yards.  At times.

As far as I can tell the point being most clearly made here is your insanity.

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 7:00 AM

And Yet Another Top Player who is  way above Level 93  that uses the Black R1.     Meanwhile all his other equipment has been upgraded  to match his Level.  Upgraded his irons to the new Nikes. Upgraded his 3wood to the New Bertha.   Heck even upgraded his wedges to the new higher level  Satins.         But go figure still sits with a low level driver.             Yet again Point  made.   

Question how long did it take you to go from Level 93 to Level 98?    Well over a year im sure.    How about just say you will never switch from the R1 Black because there is some sort of Glitch within that driver that for some reason at Level 93 hits further than a driver at Level  94-96-98-and 100   it outdrives them all.        Donnie   

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 9:46 AM

TDSLIMIT:

Question how long did it take you to go from Level 93 to Level 98?    Well over a year im sure.    How about just say you will never switch from the R1 Black because there is some sort of Glitch within that driver that for some reason at Level 93 hits further than a driver at Level  94-96-98-and 100   it outdrives them all.        Donnie   

LOL 5 days.....6 to get to 100....so I hear, I think it is the same glitch that the black R1 has LOL

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:14 AM

fatdan:

TDSLIMIT:

LOL 5 days.....6 to get to 100....so I hear, I think it is the same glitch that the black R1 has LOL

lmao dan it took me 7 days to get from 93 to 100 and the black r1 was so great i sold it and got the white one and the nike lmao 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:16 AM

TDSLIMIT:

never switch from the R1 Black because there is some sort of Glitch within that driver that for some reason at Level 93 hits further than a driver at Level  94-96-98-and 100   it outdrives them all.        Donnie   

I currently use the L98 R1 most. So are you saying that if the black L93 R1 becomes available again I should sell my L98 one for 749 cr, and buy the L93 one for 3500 cr (or whatever it may be) because it will go further? This, despite it being an identical club with identical programming, and playing identically when I last free-rented it.

I will of course bow to your clearly superior knowledge on this subject.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:28 AM

TDSLIMIT:

How about just say you will never switch from the R1 Black because there is some sort of Glitch within that driver that for some reason at Level 93 hits further than a driver at Level  94-96-98-and 100   it outdrives them all.        Donnie   

Firstly, I'm not yet level 98, let alone 100 so haven't had the chance to buy either the L98 R1 or the L100 Nike.

Secondly, I wouldn't buy the L98 anyway, it's the same as the L93 one.

Thirdly, I have the L96 BB driver and in certain conditions it is better than the L93 R1, however it isn't as good an all round driver.  Not really a surprise as the L93 R1 is actually the L98 one with a different paint job.  I'll repeat that for you: The L93 R1 is the same driver as the L98 R1, just painted a different colour.

And finally, give it up.  You sound more ludicrous with every post.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:30 AM

fmagnets:
    sell my L98 one for 749 cr, and buy the L93 one for 3500 cr (or whatever it may be) because it will go further?

Lmao yeah cause u will get 10-12 more yrds 

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:48 AM

spdemon:

fmagnets:
    sell my L98 one for 749 cr, and buy the L93 one for 3500 cr (or whatever it may be) because it will go further?

Lmao yeah cause u will get 10-12 more yrds 

Oh great.  That's all we need.  Maggs hitting from 10-12 yds closer to the hole than he already does....   ;-)

RSS