Forums

Help › Forums

Only 31 legends online.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:18 AM (49 replies)
  • SHOOTTOTHRILL
    12 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:59 AM
    I agree. I don't mind putting the Tournament greens so much, but it would be better to go back to the Very Fast green as far as landing the ball and having it check a bit closer to the hole.....
  • Fredddddy
    177 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:00 AM

Who in their infinite wisdom came up with this new idea to make clubs unavailiable until you level up i can't buy a rossa until i'm level 71 wtf is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:01 AM

Fredddddy:
    I think they have created more sandbagging who in their right mind wants to be a legend after reading all the bitching about the length?

I think WGT takes measures to prevent sandbagging, and I know they are looking into changing or quite possibly have already changed the average algorithm, all without public announcement, which is really quite foolish because announcing it would make people complain a lot less if they knew the people teeing off in front of them aren't going to kick their ass all the time.

• Fredddddy
    177 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:03 AM

But why shut out everyone from access to better clubs? Someone explain that marketing ploy to me?

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:05 AM

Solid1:
    Not sure what to suggest to fix the inequality with the tour masters,but a good start would be me eliminating making bogeys .

A legends driver would be the best solution. Not anything too crazy somewhere between 285-290 would make the game more enjoyable for legends.....The different between the old pro max driver at 255 vs. the masters at 275 was a 20 yard difference.  Giving a legend a driver that's 10-15 yard different than the tour masters would make up for the 40-60 yard difference in where we are teeing off from.  

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:28 AM

ironking34:
    A legends driver would be the best solution. Not anything too crazy somewhere between 285-290 would make the game more enjoyable for legends.....

I agree it would be nice to have.  The trouble is it doesn't fit with the new philosophy of giving access to all clubs to everyone.  Create a long driver and eventually TMs/Ms/TPs will level up and be able to buy one.

Could be the problem lies with tees being tied to tiers rather than equipment.  Try this on for size....

The new "tournament starter" looks in your bag and sees the new Ping G50 Cannon driver capable of averaging 287 and tells ya "Son, you are playin' the blacks today."  It doesn't matter if you are a Master or Legend or whatever, G50=black tees.

Show up with an R9 or G10 averaging 270+ and he checks if you're Legend, if so " you are playin' the blacks today." Otherwise, not a Legend "you're on the blues, good luck!".

In other words equipment can override your tier where tees are concerned.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:32 AM

*cough*

RPG-like extra skills upon entering a new tier thread!

No complaints from masters and pros about "waaaaah I can't buy that club!," but legends would still get a tiny bit of help in overcoming the handicap.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:38 AM

CharlemagneRH:

*cough*

RPG-like extra skills upon entering a new tier thread!

Huh? Help me understand what your are saying please.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:44 AM

andyson:

Huh? Help me understand what your are saying please.

I started a thread in Product Suggestions forum about how something could be implemented where you'd get what we'll call "skill points" when you enter into a new tier (e.g. going from pro to master, master to legend, etc.), and then you will be able to use those skill points in order to get extra distance, forgiveness, precision, spin, or feel... whatever you wanted.

For realism purposes, I cited an example: the average tour player can hit their driver 290 yards, but if you gave that same club to the average golfer that shoots 85-90, they would only be able to hit it 250 yards.  Thus, even though an amateur can and probably should be able to have the same equipment as the best legends there are, he should not be able to hit them as far, etc.

So basically, a legend could use the exact same driver as a master, but he'd be able to hit it 5-8 yards further or so... and 8-12 yards further than a pro.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:55 AM

Interesting idea but it still doesn't help current  Legends unless you up their club attributes or decrease lower tier club attributes. Since WGT swears up and down this will never happen (changing attributes) how do you help current Legends in that scenario?

RSS