Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:18 AM (49 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:24 AM

Must prove something.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:28 AM

How do you count the ones that are hidden?

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:56 AM

i no i haven't played..wgt ignored my thoughts..its just not fun when you have a 3w or 3i in on just about every shot..imo...not gonna pay to not have fun

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:07 AM

YankeeJim:

How do you count the ones that are hidden?

Ok, only 31 have their green lights on.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:09 AM

piztaker:

Must prove something.

Most of the legends stay hidden all the time.  I do know of someone who recently made legend (Check leaderboard) who was doing very well at tour master that has only posted one round as a legend after playing daily and climbing up the leaderboard as tour master.  Goes to show that how difficult it must be or how unfair an advantage the tour masters have over the legends....Come on Cap.....Let's see what you're made of now.

• Solid1
    95 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:16 AM

What Captain Shanks made legend ,I would have liked to see his first round  on the big boy Tees .Hope He saved all his credits cause  He won't be making many for awhile .

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:51 AM

Solid1:

What Captain Shanks made legend ,I would have liked to see his first round  on the big boy Tees .Hope He saved all his credits cause  He won't be making many for awhile .

Tell me about it....he made legend shot a 39 and haven't played any rounds since....go figure....No more diamond award for him.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:09 AM

I'm not sure why the dislike for Captn. Shank,  he got bashed badly in another thread.   He didn't create the new system, he was simply playing what was available to him.   He didn't go out of his way to sandbag or anything.  Hell, if he'd only included some bethpage RGs into the mix, he'd probably have never made legend and would still be dominating on kiawah and st andy.

I totally understand you legends being angry about the current state of RG's, I heard that a recent one had 9 tour masters in the top 12, that's a joke.   For me, it isn't worth it to play them at all as it is now,  and I will continue to abstain from playing any more at a disadvantage.

I'm not sure tier specific RGs are the answer either,  lets face it, there are not that many legends.   If you are in the bottom half of legends in terms of ability, you are gonna get fleeced pretty severely vs a very small player pool containing all the site's best players.  Literally ever RG would be like an all star game with the icon's and jake's  viz's price's as there would only be 1 or 2 of each RG starting per day.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:15 AM

Nobody dislikes Captain Shank.  It's simply people laughing at one of the best TMs hitting a brick wall after becoming a legend.

Couldn't tell you why he did it, though.  He said he was unhappy about having such an advantage as a TM... felt the handicap was too strong... and being on the side of that handicap now, I'm quite sure he's even more unhappy.

Agree entirely about the bottom-half of the legend tier.  They can't win vs. TM's or vs. the top-half of the legend tier.  It is quite unfortunate for them.

On the subject of the handicap, I said that I'd gift a sleeve of balls to any legend that shot a 28 or under in an RG from the 17th to the 19th.  So far, there has been one legend that has done so, but there have been about eight TM/M's that have managed a 28 or better.

• Fredddddy
    177 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:15 AM

I wonder why WGT doesn't respond to the comments from alot of people who dislike the equipment stupidity and the distance for legend stupidity, i understand how some take the legend tees as a challenge but what tees are they going to use for new championships?

RSS