Help › Forums

Only 31 legends online.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:18 AM (49 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:57 AM

YankeeJim:
    Interesting idea but it still doesn't help current  Legends unless you up their club attributes or decrease lower tier club attributes. Since WGT swears up and down this will never happen (changing attributes) how do you help current Legends in that scenario?

Basically the clubs would have their stats slightly scaled back, and for pros, who would have only 1 skill point, the clubs would be slightly worse, but masters, with their 2 skill points, would have enough skill points to keep their clubs exactly how they are now.  Legends, of course, having more 2 skill points than masters, would have improved performance from their clubs.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:58 AM

Thanks for the explanation Charlemagne, I never played a RPG even once. (Unless TWO is considered one.)

Are these "skill points" separate from the current experience level points?

Is the only time you earn skill points when you reach a new tier?

Sounds interesting, if I remember correctly is there something similar on TWO?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:02 PM

andyson:
    Is the only time you earn skill points when you reach a new tier?

Yes.  They would be attained based on tier.

Not only would it help legends cope with the penalties (though obviously it would not entirely erase those penalties,) but it makes it very easy for WGT to help out a certain tier.  Say, for example, that masters are put on championship tees next year, and they need help, well it isn't hard to help them out: add one skill point to the pro->master tier jump, but take one point away from the master->legend tier jump.  Legends would be unaffected, but masters would get the help that they'd need.

andyson:
    Sounds interesting, if I remember correctly is there something similar on TWO?

I have no idea since I've never played TWO, but this is very, very basic RPG stuff.  Getting innate improvements to your character, independent of equipment, as a reward for good performance is something that has been put into literally tens of thousands of games.  We are not talking about something that is in the territory of copyright infringement or anything of that nature.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:19 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    I have no idea since I've never played TWO, but this is very, very basic RPG stuff.  Getting innate improvements to your character, independent of equipment, as a reward for good performance is something that has been put into literally tens of thousands of games.  We are not talking about something that is in the territory of copyright infringement or anything of that nature.

This in a nutshell is the entire problem. What was once a skill based realistic game has become an MMORG? This is what is causing the masses to leave. Just as I don't want to be beaten by a TM because of an unfair club advantage, I also do not want to have an advantage (because of equipment) over other legends simply because I have been here longer, or they have more of a life and can't spend the time I do in the game. The joy of this game for me was playing other people where the winner was generally the better player.

I admit that at the moment I am in denial. I am still playing but the fun has gone and as I left all the other MMORG games that became a grind I will leave this one.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:24 PM

There is absolutely nothing grind-like about my suggestion, but obviously the level-based pro shop is another story.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:27 PM

CharlemagneRH:

There is absolutely nothing grind-like about my suggestion, but obviously the level-based pro shop is another story.

Exactly.

I am talking about the whole idea of "levels and equipment"

• Holein15
    1 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:39 PM

this game is to unrealistic. The strokes when it comes to Chipping onto the green and putting. you use the stroke meter and you ball will go half way across the green then when you go to do the same stroke back to the hold you only go 10 ft or less. Then lets say you are chipping onto the green. you take the stoke meter all the way to then end and hit excellent on the way back and your ball only goes 1 yd. whats up with that???

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:56 PM

There just simply need to be some 'perk' for being a Legend.

Equipment wise, I think we should have access to a "custom shop"  We'd have the same equipment as the rest (if we ever *** level up enough to get it!) BUt could upgrade shafts, and custom fit for more distance and precision. This fits in with the VEM. (Variable equipment Model) of the site.

And we should have access to tourneys with some bigger payouts. Of course bolly and A.Lee would dominate, but that's fine, as long as us mortal have a shot at it.

• WYCHEWES
    96 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 2:32 AM

I played a Legend the other night who mentioned to me he heard the new Legend drivers that are coming are 320yds rated. Not sure if it was wishfull thinking on his behalf but he said he was confident of his sources.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 2:34 AM

PRIESTESS:

i would be happy to just have wgt scrap tourney greens and go back to the old greens set up,

I was under the impression that the legends are now playing on championship greens.

J

RSS