Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has cancer

Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:24 PM (111 replies)
  • Errant
    72 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:46 PM

I for one love the new level system that they use but I don't understand why they don't continue selling equipment based on tier? I understand that they want this game to be realistic, but it needs to be fun too. Remember WGT, this is a game. I play it because it's fun. (usually) When it gets to the point that it's too "realistic" for me to have fun, I'll go find another golf game. Levels are a great way to spot cherrypickers/quiters and sandbaggers but why not leave equipment sales the way they were?

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:00 PM

i just want to make one thing clear..agree or not..just 1 example..island #13..3mph dead right..aimed 6 or 8 ft. left..hit the bell and ball went 22 ft. right almost off the green..190 yrd. approach shot mind you..so my put is 22ft. up 3in.  i hit that 14ft. it goes 9 ft. past..every1 no's the put left of the stick on 13..hit it dead center perfect speed and lips out..so i take a bogey...with the changes i switched to the sd balls $1.18 a sleeve..they last about 30 holes a piece..so my point is..if i play the same amount i did last year..it will cost me double this year and its no fun and i dont care how much you practice..i hit the bell and ended up where i should have been with one of wgt's famous meter skips..had that skipped it would have bin a lost ball 4 sure...i no some will say o well,get over it or leave and thats fine..but i 4 1 will not ever pay 4 something that is junk...

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:06 PM

Snaike:

So there you have it.  If we decide we don't like the changes WGT has wrought down upon us, we simply have to leave, en masse.

Then they'll get the hint.

Ah if only it were that easy. Let's face it giving up this game will be like giving up cigarettes...nigh on impossible,lol.....

• xXxxMARCxxXx
    427 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:08 PM

It is unfortunate that I purchased so many balls in the "sale"  I would revert back to starter balls and save the money I spend on them.  And now I realize about the "sale"......it's because they wanted to get as much money from us they could......before the new crap system was in place.

Something has to be changed very quickly.......or I am done with this game too.  I thing I hate the most about this is.....I have met a lot of good people playing this game......and they are just as upset as I am......they are leaving too.

Good luck keeping us WGT....it's up to you now!!!

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:16 PM

well marc..at least we all have skype now..back to poker and euchre where a lot of us came from..joebond will be happy..lol..see you at the table instead of the course bud

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:23 PM

Errant, WGT wants the lower tiered players to have the chance to use the better equipment through levels rather than tiers. They say it gives everyone a chance to experience the top clubs. But what I don't understand is, it takes a lower tiered member a year and a day to accomplish this.

I don't see WGT being able to maintain the tiers and levels in it's current state. People are going to start leaving in droves. The good clubs is what makes this game fun. Thinking everyone is going to play for months to obtain the good clubs for one is not fun, and two it's going to get boring real fast using starter clubs. I honestly think WGT feels they've killed three or four birds with one stone with this new addition to the game, but I believe as time goes by, their going to find a lot of dissatisfied members and see how the change hit the WGT pocket book a little deeper then they imagined, IMO.

The changes that need to be made to the tiers and levels are mild in comparison to what was first introduced. I hope WGT will do the right thing, and make the changes to the game the people are seeking.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:43 PM

showtime73:

well marc..at least we all have skype now..back to poker and euchre where a lot of us came from..joebond will be happy..lol..see you at the table instead of the course bud

Right on point there, I was hooked on online poker until I discovered WGT last summer.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:54 PM

Richard4168:

Errant, WGT wants the lower tiered players to have the chance to use the better equipment through levels rather than tiers. They say it gives everyone a chance to experience the top clubs. But what I don't understand is, it takes a lower tiered member a year and a day to accomplish this.

I don't see WGT being able to maintain the tiers and levels in it's current state. People are going to start leaving in droves. The good clubs is what makes this game fun. Thinking everyone is going to play for months to obtain the good clubs for one is not fun, and two it's going to get boring real fast using starter clubs. I honestly think WGT feels they've killed three or four birds with one stone with this new addition to the game, but I believe as time goes by, their going to find a lot of dissatisfied members and see how the change hit the WGT pocket book a little deeper then they imagined, IMO.

The changes that need to be made to the tiers and levels are mild in comparison to what was first introduced. I hope WGT will do the right thing, and make the changes to the game the people are seeking.

Maybe it will be a combination of things that will increase the level of experience in order to access the better clubs, Richard. As an example, although a player will gain a certain amount of exp, slowly, by playing games, completing them and interacting with other players, also achieving a certain average to progress to the next level will carry an amount of experience to help reach the level enough to unlock better clubs?

Maybe this could be the formula to be used, and maybe it is already the formula that WGT wants to use... or is in the pipeline...who knows.

In any case, this method would have good implications in all aspects of the gameplay, competitivity and enjoyment of the game itself. As opposed to the negative implications of leaving the status quo as you correctly pointed out.

• MMATycoon
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 4:55 PM

I've not played since the changes but rather I did pretty much stop playing when I got bumped from Pro to Master. I don't want to have to incessantly buy new equipment and the jump from e.g. Pro to Master was far greater than the small increase in distance and quality of clubs, so I took a huge drop off in scores.

I wasn't good enough to go up to Master anyway so I would much prefer to be able to drop down a level again, and just bin the Masters clubs.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 4:58 PM

BolloxInBruges:

...  And if you are a legit player in the tour master tier right now, you really have no incentive whatsoever to reach legend, you can just sit there and print credits if you're smart about it. ...  As it is now, I am done playing ready gos,  first one I played after the tee box change, I got 2nd to a tour master, *** that, I never once got 2nd to a pro prior to the update, nor should I have!   

BB with all due respect ...I have to disagree

The top tier Masters under the old system printed credits each and everyday (in ready-gos)...I along with players like me subsidized most of those winning credits.  We knew that more often than not we probably were lucky to get 50 to 75 cents back on average...so what happened? Well I for one played fewer RGs...and then I quit playing most of the weeklies for the same reason...and these were the little prize games...

The Big Prize winners are all well deserved...they put their skills to the test against all comers and came out on top...bless them they earned it...plus the pride and respect that comes with it.

I don't think on your first day as a Master under the old system you would have beaten a good Pro in a Ready Go ( I realize they weren't around then but you should understand what I mean).

The business model needed a change and WGT really did address many of the past issues.  Yes some people (not you) may have to eat a piece of humble pie and relearn the game...heck we all do somewhat...but for me it has become fun and challenging again...why I even won my first RG with heavy wins and Championship greens too.

I'm looking forward to more changes in the future while also trying to make Legend Tier.  Perhaps some day I will be as good as you.

I definitely will not be sarcastic and tell those that threaten to leave "BYE" as happened to other threads in these forums, Instead perhaps they will see the situation through different glasses and realize "This aint nothin".

RSS