Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has cancer

Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:24 PM (111 replies)
  • ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:10 AM

columbiacgt:

I haven't heard the best of the best here complaining about the new conditions, only average players with an undeserved rank whining 'cause they aren't able to master a game that has suddenly become challenging.

Please stop complaining and PRACTICE.

You are so wrong, most of the "legends" are complaining.  Practice can't make up for the extra distance off the tee, also try stopping an iron on the green from 175 and above yards.  The legends are now playing for pars on most holes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:21 AM

showtime73:
    and colum...your stats dont impress me...stfu

Dude, you need to take a chill pill and then head to anger management. Columbia happens to be quite the excellent golfer and is in a situation where he can only play on his off days. He doesn't have the luxury of time to play 3000 rounds while defending his country.

You offered your childish rant up for interpretation (next time lock it if you don't want responses) and because you don't like what he said you tell him to "stfu." This kind of crap is what got you banned for a week at that other site's forums. Instead of ranting there now you come over here and spew the same nonsense.

The fix is simple-until WGT sets it up so that the tee defaults to the higher tier player set up practice rounds for your matches. That way you can both play from the same tees. Unfortunately, the Black tees and faster greens aren't available yet. That should make you happy.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:37 AM

My only 2 problems right now with the setup are:

1)  No pro plays in a tourney and every hole is from the back tees.  Some holes they play longer, some normal, and some short.  I think it is going to be improbable that wgt can have multi tees in a single game.

2)  A old problem not solved is a course wind, not a hole by hole wind.  If I am playing BP in real life, and the wind is at my back on the 1st hole, it would still be sort of at my back on the 2nd hole.  It will not be 15 down wind on hole 1 and 15 headwind on hole 2.

I would love WGT to make those improvements.  I dont mind having to hit a long iron into a green, just as long as I have a shot to reach a par 5 in 2 occasionaly, or be able to attack a par 4 with a short iron.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:48 AM

WGT has had terminal cancer for some time now, even before this latest "update".

The problem really stems from this idea that this game is Beta.

WGT needs to understand the concept behind what is Beta and what isn't Beta.   This is the classic "wanting your cake and eating it too" problem.   This incorrect moniker of the game being Beta allows WGT to throw out "well, it's Beta", whenever they release poorly thought out and untested patches/features.

Beta is not the platform to release huge game changing changes.   Beta is designed to iron out the bugs in what is supposed to be the pre release version of a software package.

Even the T&C of this site stands in stark contrast to what Beta is supposed to be.  How exactly are people supposed to "test" this software when the T&C forbids multiple accounts (and users cannot reset their own accts)?   How are people supposed to "test" this software from the perspective of a new user, and the evolution of that user as they move up the tiers.   When testing the most basic of user interactions here is forbidden, then it's obvious that WGT isn't using the Beta designation as the basis for testing their software product.

Bottom line.

This game is NOT BETA.   WGT pretends it's Beta to cover their as$es and have a ready made excuse for poorly thought out and untested patches/additions to this game. 

I've put up with this BS for years now, and it's obvious to me that this game is not Beta anymore (and hasn't been for a long time), regardless of what WGT labels it or wants people to believe.

It's time WGT takes this game out of the Beta designation, and start taking responsibility for this game and their actions.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:05 AM

marioh:
    WGT has had terminal cancer for some time now, even before this latest "update".

And the name of that illness is Flash, isn't it, Marioh?    The good news is that the illness is curable; well at least I hope it isn't really terminal. It would be wonderful if WGT decided to leave Flash behind and move on to a better graphics solution.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:07 AM

neildiamond11790:
    I would love WGT to make those improvements.  I dont mind having to hit a long iron into a green, just as long as I have a shot to reach a par 5 in 2 occasionaly, or be able to attack a par 4 with a short iron.

The only way that's going to happen now except for STA is with a legend driver......Kaiwah and Bethpage is all about trying to save par now instead of trying to make a good score.  Just look at the ready go score now.

• WYLBILL81
    69 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:13 AM

just wanted to say thanks to wgt... make us feel like a Phil or Tiger on a fun video game. now with all the changes make us feel like dobbie gillis or barney fife. because if i'm a legend then why can't i break par anymore?? oops i guess i can, i shatter par by upwards of 10 strokes LMAO....

thank you very much WGT

signed a LEGEND??????????????????????????? LMAO

how does a 7 foot putt that u hit 3 feet go 4 feet by the hole? and the next time same putt stop short??? please explain

• wiscb
    28 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:52 AM

I agree Chuck, I think the new tiers was all a bunch of crap. The people that were complaining (if there really were any) need to put their time in like we did.practice,practice,practice and more practice. Why should the people that try so hard to get better be penalized? When i was coming up in the ranks.I NEVER complained about it being unfair. I just kept at it to get better.Most competitive people just try harder,They don`t complain. I personally don`t beleive it was peoples complaints that made the tier changes. For those of you that did complain,go play checkers with your your grandma, And complain after she keeps beating you at that too.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:20 AM

WYLBILL81:
    how does a 7 foot putt that u hit 3 feet go 4 feet by the hole? and the next time same putt stop short??? please explain

this is something that i complained about a couple of days ago, unrealistic speeds on the faster greens UPHILL.

had a putt earlier today 3"down on a 19' putt, played for about 7' on the first putt, and ran 10' past the hole.  on the return putt had 1" up, played for 8-9 feet and the ball came up 2 feet short, as i have stated before,IRL fast greens are fast uphill as well as down. can't tell you how many fairly short putt have come up short, about the time i finally decide that i will play a little more, guess what, the ball starts to lip out.

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:56 AM

wsf01:
    I don't doubt your better ball means it will go further but it does mean you''ll be spending twice as much as me to achieve that extra 20 yards in average distance.

I spent 20 or 30 bucks last year when I turned master. And I turned master with starter clubs and balls. That is all my investment.

After gifting sets of clubs and drivers and balls to some friends, and just playing one or 2 MPC, I am left with about 10,000cr. So I can afford more expensive balls even without coming up with more money. And BTW the GI2 D are great with very fast greens, but from then on I need more spin, but there is no distance difference between the two.

In one year I played 500 rounds, just over 1 per day average. Say 1/2 hour per round, 250 hours @ 25 bucks, that's about 10 cents per hour. 

I wouldn't say this is a game for the rich.

I just wish all my hobbies were that cheap !

Oh, and thanks YJ

RSS