Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Tue, Jan 30 2024 11:27 AM (317 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,578 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2023 10:14 AM

MioKontic:
    I'm now standing at an average of 59.01 so if all the info is correct I should move to Champion tier shortly.

A few 29s would do it. Of course, it depends on what scores they're replacing. If they're replacing 32s (or equivalent), if I did the calculation correct (which is not guaranteed), 4 29s would do it.

Obviously, if they're replacing higher numbers, you would need fewer.

But you're almost there. Congratulations in advance! ­čśÇ

• MioKontic
    4,562 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2023 10:22 AM

ct690911:
    It would be a bit concerning though, if a TL didn't already know this.

Not really.  They would only know this if they read the forum, and there are many players who never even looked at the forum.  Some possibly don't even know it exists!

• alosso
    21,022 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2023 12:17 AM

MioKontic:
    I'm now standing at an average of 59.01 so if all the info is correct I should move to Champion tier shortly.
    Robert is correct to point to the replacement of higher scores. To be exact, you need to strip between 4 (*) and 11 (**) strokes from your pool of 750 scores.

* if you're at the minimum precise average of 59,0053333 which rounds to 59.01

** if you're at the maximum precise average of 59,0146666 which rounds to 59.01

Nitpickingly,

alosso

• Gwandzwalo
    1 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2023 6:51 PM

I'm afraid I do not understand.  You state that you need an average score of 63 or lower to advance to Tour Master.  My average was nowhere near that figure when I advanced to TM.  Is there some other way to advance?

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,851 Posts
    Thu, Oct 26 2023 7:06 PM

Gwandzwalo:
    You state that you need an average score of 63 or lower to advance to Tour Master.  My average was nowhere near that figure when I advanced to TM.

How does a HACK advance to a TOUR MASTER?

If you have a 2nd account, you are in violation of WGT rules.

• ct690911
    7,178 Posts
    Thu, Oct 26 2023 11:25 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

Gwandzwalo:
    You state that you need an average score of 63 or lower to advance to Tour Master.  My average was nowhere near that figure when I advanced to TM.

Oops...Busted !!

• callaghan159
    6,194 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2023 1:42 AM

ct690911:

Never post from your 2nd account when you been drinking the sauce.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,431 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2023 2:12 AM

Gwandzwalo:

I'm afraid I do not understand.  You state that you need an average score of 63 or lower to advance to Tour Master.  My average was nowhere near that figure when I advanced to TM.  Is there some other way to advance?

• Fist2k8
    109 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2023 8:10 PM

When I look at tournament leader boards and see along list of players have hit 54 fr 18 holes I simply don't play.

90% of them are using the same computer enhanced clubs and the infamous Titleist slow meter ball, mapping and some even using calculators for putting.

It seems if they mess up they can restart over and over again.

Today there's a Gameday Tournament 9 holes. and the leader has scored 24 and almost every player in the top 100 is a champion.

Now I don't give a rats azz what anyone says no player on here would hit 24 regular in 24 mph wind round Saint Andrews using clubs under Legend status.

Players can have as many goes as they like and keep restarting until they get 12mph wind V 25mph wind.

Of course WGT encourage these Champion players as buying balls keeps them in business.

Personally I play coin rooms so my level doesn't move very quickly but I do play these showdowns....even they are a joke when a Tour Champion wins the rookie division .

Forgive my rant but I am old school EA Sports Tiger Woods PGA 2004 onwards when everyone had the same clubs. You could download a new course every day so no one could map it beforehand, No putting grids you could set strong to still winds etc.

Best on ;one player I ever saw "Dantendo" hit 5 and 6 under regular and was unbeaten for a year playing everyday.

Then it all changed and EA introduced enhanced clubs and people started hitting 52 like on here and players joined by the thousands thinking "I am great at this"

Truth is your not WGT are great at making you feel great you worked hard to get there for sure but when you consider the world record for official tournaments on pro tours is 58 shared by Jim Furyk and ONLY 3 others then WGT is about as realistic as a $3 note.

I've played my fair chare of Champions in Casablanca and tbh some of them hit some really poor shots.......guess there's champions and Champions.

Still the best game around though

• Bedylan
    6 Posts
    Mon, Dec 4 2023 10:52 AM

How do you get from TL to Champion

I'm level 115 with 59.36 avg and 1089 ranked rounds played.

Been stuck at TL for a year.

RSS