Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • GreenLaser
    182 Posts
    Thu, Dec 14 2023 11:32 PM

Unless the 3.5 meter of the driver you're using now is giving you trouble, I'd say skip the L96 driver and save the credits for the clubs in the next few levels.

You have the L97 irons coming up which will be a worthwhile upgrade (there's also a 250 yard 3-Wood available at L97 but you might want to wait for the L99 3-Wood which is also 250 yards but with better meter and forgiveness.)

At L98 there's the Scotty Cameron putter which is what most of the top players seem to use.

At L99 there's a driver that's a couple of yards longer than the L96 driver and has similar other stats. And there's the previously mentioned 250 yard 3-Wood.

• Birdman19520
    43 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2023 4:10 PM

Do you know how to tell what equipment will be unlocked to purchase based on the different levels?... TIA.. 

• GreenLaser
    182 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2023 9:08 PM

Birdman19520:

Do you know how to tell what equipment will be unlocked to purchase based on the different levels?... TIA.. 

The easiest way is to look at ScottHope's fantastic resource about equipment.  It's great for comparing clubs and balls when deciding about purchases and making longer term plans about what to buy.  The Pro Shop also shows at what Levels things can be bought, but Scott's page has saved me a lot of time and effort.

Thanks again, Scott.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=B2A3FAA936899928!4552&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!AMgqBmlRjRtlKuw

• ScottHope
    10,141 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2023 2:47 AM

Thank you, GreenLaser and BlackBogey.  ; )

• BlackBogey
    293 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2023 10:24 AM

GreenLaser:

The Pro Shop also shows at what Levels things can be bought, but Scott's page has saved me a lot of time and effort.

Just to add onto this, in order to do this you will need to click on the little filter icon in the lower right of the Clubs page in order to open the Filter & Sort page, then UNSELECT the "Hide Locked Items" option, then hit "Apply".  Pretty straight forward, but worth mentioning in case newer players don't know it they would never see the items above their current level.

BTW, I agree 1000% that Scott's Pro Shop Tables is far better than the options offered by WGT (either in app or on website).   

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2023 7:00 PM

Hey Scott, just curious l, is there a difference between the ranked rounds in achievements vs ranked rounds in the stats? I noticed in my achievements it says I have a little over 400 ranked rounds but in the stats it says I only have 190 which I believe I've played a lot more than that. Just wasn't sure? Thank you for your time 

-Ryan

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2023 2:33 PM

ryry4321:
    is there a difference between the ranked rounds in achievements vs ranked rounds in the stats? I noticed in my achievements it says I have a little over 400 ranked rounds but in the stats it says I only have 190

There are many reasons for this. If you play a CC "CUSTOM COURSE", for one, is not a ranked round yet your stats are calculated.

• Bedylan
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2024 7:34 AM

Still not clear on what it takes to advance from Tour Legend to Champion.

I'm a TL Level 115

Average is 59.24

Played 1136 ranked rounds

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2024 11:55 AM

Bedylan:

Still not clear on what it takes to advance from Tour Legend to Champion.

I'm a TL Level 115

Average is 59.24

Played 1136 ranked rounds

To advance from Tour Legend to Champion, you need 750 ranked rounds* and an average of 59.00** or lower.

*The 750 required, ranked rounds are rounds played at Tour Legend tier. The number is not the cumulative number of ranked rounds played at all tiers. 

**The following rounds do not count toward average and are not included in the 750 required, ranked rounds: Par 3s, Par 5s, and Custom Courses. 

I hope the above helps. 

RSS