Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • LUXURIOUS
    11 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2014 5:55 AM

Could you let me know at what level you need to get to , too advance to the next level , how does W.G.T structure this , I am now a Master at what level do I need to get to , too advance to Tour Master.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2014 11:47 AM

A 63 average will get you there.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2014 12:37 PM

Beware the words!

Levels aren't tiers - the former release equipment in the shop progressively as you earn experience points (XPs) from playing. There's no direct relation between the two terms.

Your question is about tiers, which are mainly controlled by the average.

A Master needs 40 ranked rounds in his tier with an average of 63.00 to advance to Tour Master.

Your average is "saturated" with more than the required number, so it's but the average to observe.

Hit it straight!

• LUXURIOUS
    11 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2014 9:47 PM

Thanks Guys ,

I now I have still got a long way to go , so many more Master players well above me , it would be interesting to know what average score will get you to Legend & Tour Legend , could anyone let me know.

• Silverfox11407
    26 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2014 11:02 PM

Here ya go:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

A couple things you should all know.  One is that your average starts over after you reach a new tier.  Your first round at the new tier will be your new average.  Second, the rounds you need to complete as listed above are the number of rounds that you need in that tier.  Not total overall.  For example, you have to have 25 rounds and an average under 67 in the Pro Tour tier to advance to master.  Hope this helps answer any questions any of you may have.

Regards, Ron

• Killyanspapa
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 17 2014 9:50 AM

no it won't am a 62.8 and still a Master

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, May 17 2014 11:40 AM

Killyanspapa:

no it won't am a 62.8 and still a Master

read again fella u need 40 ranked rounds in at master not 12 like u got 

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, May 17 2014 12:31 PM

ok im only a pro but was 72.3 one bad round  iost 3 points went back to 72.6 its took me 3 weeks to get them back ive played brackets and a lot of ranked and tracked rounds                an update I reached 71.8 and got tour pro my average no 76 I don't nerstand

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, May 17 2014 4:11 PM

adaputter:

ok im only a pro but was 72.3 one bad round  iost 3 points went back to 72.6 its took me 3 weeks to get them back ive played brackets and a lot of ranked and tracked rounds

Once you have played the minimum number of rounds require to tier up, your scoring average is then said to be 'saturated'.

Once saturated you scoring average can stay the same or go down, but it can no longer go up.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, May 17 2014 10:47 PM

adaputter:

ok im only a pro but was 72.3 one bad round  iost 3 points went back to 72.6 its took me 3 weeks to get them back ive played brackets and a lot of ranked and tracked rounds

Don't worry!

You need only one 36/72 score or two 73s to become promoted!

And, the game is not about struggling for the average but about fun and recreation, making and meeting friends and use this to hone your skills.

My 2 Pfennig.

RSS