Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • Slashline
    4 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 1:59 PM

"If you play 40 complete rr's and bring your average down to 63 or below . Then and only then will you be promoted to TM ."

Yes, thanks. But this is the kind of thing that made me think I couldn't get promoted to Master, and I did. So the "official chart" has some exceptions. And we don't know what they are.

Nowhere have I read that H2H (I pretty much do only Paris coin room and occasionally friend invites) has any effect on promotion.

Clearly there exists players with L100+ who are still Tour Pro. They have obviously played a lot more than I have, perhaps years more. Wish I knew how. Thought I did.

I have the clubs to play as Master - that's OK. I was frustrated not being able to reach fairways and par 5s, so I grinded the offers to varying success.

Thanks for the trophy!!!

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,868 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 2:51 PM

pdb1:
    note : i was making this post when DFMG posted . rather than duplicate everything he said . ( which is what I was doing ) .

It's perfectly ok.

It's perfectly ok.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 3:21 PM

Slashline:
    I don't know how I got here

What were you playing just before the promotion?

My guess, and it is only that, is you were promoted for winning coin games and it is the number of wins rather than the number of coins won.  You look to play in Paris, Chelsea and BH but mainly Paris and it looks like your recent wins were there. 

There are other things that may be factors, tier of your opponent for example. 

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 2:09 PM

Slashline:
    "If you play 40 complete rr's and bring your average down to 63 or below . Then and only then will you be promoted to TM ."
    Excuse me - that's outdated by 10+ years - the "then and only" part!

Slashline:
    Nowhere have I read that H2H (I pretty much do only Paris coin room and occasionally friend invites) has any effect on promotion.
    Stll, it's a well-known fact, proven by those in any tier above Hack still carrying the initial average of 150!

Slashline:
    I was frustrated not being able to reach fairways and par 5s, so I grinded the offers to varying success.
    Good for your fun, and good for their revenue!

Have fun!

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,868 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 4:05 PM

Slashline:
    Clearly there exists players with L100+ who are still Tour Pro. They have obviously played a lot more than I have, perhaps years more. Wish I knew how. Thought I did.

Personally, I play a lot of H2H and the toughest tier for me to play is TM. It seems all TM's know the courses, their clubs, and how to get close to the pin. The reason is I sometimes spot them 75 yards or more and they're just as good as me.

Just bite the bullet and play. If you advance, then you advance.

• auggiewv
    1 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 4:52 AM

I have been a member of WGT since 2011, average score of 67.9, finish is the top 50 money winners each week, and still a tour pro.   When WGT upgraded their system a few years ago, they deleted all my prior stats.  I have contacted them many times, and always get the same answer, one of their replies:  

WGT Member Services (WGT)

Jul 29, 2023, 4:44 PM CDT

Changing tiers is a combination of your scoring average, and the number of ranked rounds you have played in your current tier. Coin room matches and other competitive rounds can impact your tier status as well depending on how often you are playing those type of rounds.

Unfortunately we do not reveal the official requirements needed to change from one tier to the next, however you can find unofficial requirements posted by our users in our forums.

They have something against me for some reason....

• WGTShamWow
    908 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2023 5:27 PM

auggiewv:

I have been a member of WGT since 2011, average score of 67.9, finish is the top 50 money winners each week, and still a tour pro.   When WGT upgraded their system a few years ago, they deleted all my prior stats.  I have contacted them many times, and always get the same answer, one of their replies:  

WGT Member Services (WGT)

Jul 29, 2023, 4:44 PM CDT

Changing tiers is a combination of your scoring average, and the number of ranked rounds you have played in your current tier. Coin room matches and other competitive rounds can impact your tier status as well depending on how often you are playing those type of rounds.

Unfortunately we do not reveal the official requirements needed to change from one tier to the next, however you can find unofficial requirements posted by our users in our forums.

They have something against me for some reason....

Play more ranked rounds and score lower than what your average is. Looks like you have only played a handful within the last 3 months and 2 were lower than your current average. 

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,868 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2023 7:22 PM

auggiewv:
    I have been a member of WGT since 2011, average score of 67.9, finish is the top 50 money winners each week, and still a tour pro. 

You only have 288 ranked rounds. 

Play 3 or 4 a day for a year and you'll advance to (maybe) TM. It takes a REALLY long time and effort to advance. To go from CHAMPION to TC takes "over" 1,000 ranked rounds, and an average of 57 (I don't really know, but it's low).

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2023 7:57 PM

auggiewv:
    I have contacted them many times, and always get the same answer
    auggiewv:
    however you can find unofficial requirements posted by our users in our forums.
    (emphasis added)

Just curious, did you check the forums? I am sure you would find your answer there.

EDIT: I used the search box "Tier Progression" and found this quite quickly. It is posted in many, many, threads:

The rounds are not cumulative, so it shows the number of rounds needed at each tier with the required average.

Tiering up via coin rooms is different. No one knows how that works.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,868 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2023 4:47 PM

Thank you Stef! I've been wanting to post this to my CC Forum page.

I believe when TC was opened to the masses, we needed only 200 ranked rounds, and not the 1,000 it is now.

RSS