Help › Forums

Virtual U.S. Open Qualifiers, New Tiers, New Clubs, and More

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 16 2009 11:49 AM (137 replies)
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 1:59 AM

We made some updates to the product today, and here are the highlights:

The Virtual U.S. Open 2009 has kicked off!

The Virtual U.S. Open Qualifying Round runs from May 25 to June 21. Players from all eligible countries have unlimited chances during this period to post a score that makes the cut into the Championship round on June 22nd. Only the top 156 scores plus ties will qualify for the Championship Round. On June 22nd, those who qualify will compete in a single play 18-hole round on Bethpage Black, where they have just one chance to score the round of their life and become the 2009 Virtual U.S. Open Champion. The champion will take home the trophy and earn a trip to the 2010 U.S. Open Championship at Pebble Beach. Click here for details

New Tiers Added

We have added two new tiers: Pro and Master. This will improve the groupings so that players compete against those of similar ability. Depending on your ranked game scores the system will automatically place you in one of four tiers: Hack, Amateur, Pro or Master.

New Virtual Clubs Available in the Pro Shop

The new gear includes the TaylorMade R9 driver, TaylorMade Burner hybrids and irons with steel and graphite shafts, the TaylorMade Z TP wedges, PING G10 irons with graphite shafts, the Lynx LX 5 Driver, and SnakeEyes wedges. Shop now

Putter Distance Selector

You now have the flexibility to choose the maximum distance of your putter. In the distance indicator, you will notice up and down arrows. Click these to select 30ft, 60ft, or 150ft putting lengths for more control of your shot.

Wind Adjustments

Based on your feedback, we have made some adjustments to the wind. It should not affect putting as much, and should not be as noticeable except for the higher shots. Please let us know what you think of the changes in our Forums.

Putting Grid Change

Now when you engage your swing meter during putting, the putting grid becomes invisible. Please let us know if you notice an improvement in swing meter performance. Players who prefer to have the putting grid turned on at all times should go to the Options Menu and set it to "On".

New Advanced Settings in Option Menu

When you go to the Options Menu in the game, there is a new Advanced settings tab where you can turn your avatar rotation and background loading on or off. Turning off your avatar rotation may improve loading times, and turning off your background loading may improve swing meter performance. These settings are recommended for players with slower systems.

Bug Fixes

• Flag removal - you should no longer experience a problem with flag removal during putts. We fixed a bug where the game mistakenly thinks you are on the fringe when you are in fact putting.
    • Hit the pin award - you should begin receiving Hit the Pin awards again
  • casique1
    370 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 4:49 AM

i love u :-)  thx !!!

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 4:57 AM

Hi - good work - but can you tell what the criteria for the new tiers was? it seems a lot of average to good players have been lumped in with the elite, i.e sub 60 averages - i thought the master tier was just going to be for the very best. There's not a chance i'll pay money to enter competitions with players who can shoot sub 60 rounds, especially with a speed meter which is still very erratic, even with the background turned off.

I'm sure i read a post a couple of months ago saying it would be really difficult to get into the Master tier - well it doesn't seem like it.

• harold24915
    19 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 5:58 AM

Hi,

This course shows you how bad the golf clubs are in WGT. There are a bunch of par 4's that you can't reach in two shots with a perfect hit.

I have never heard of a par 4 that you can't reach in two shots. You need to add about 50 yards to the drivers. 225 yo 235 is unrealistic.

There are some holes that you can't even reach the fairway with your drivers.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:01 AM

I was hoping to stay amatuer, maybe pro...how did I get in this while the best Ive shot on the back nine is a -5.  Well maybe the legend tier will come someday & take those other players away from me.

• jim57
    2 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:14 AM

How about mentioning somewhere how much a credit is in REAL dollars?

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:28 AM

100 credits is $1.00

• xcaliburone
    38 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:50 AM

i'll ask the same question: could someone explain the new tiers????

my avg. is 68.2 and i'm in the master's tier?

that's 13 strokes off of the top master whose at 55.87

love playin' this game, but i agree that i won't join pay tourneys knowing now that i'll never finish in the money.

• HiroshiJPN
    2 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 7:05 AM

Dear stuffs of World Golf Tour.

I'm a Japanese .

so please give me a chance to try US OPEN.

I'm looking forward to recieve a hopeful news.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 7:16 AM

Alex, I can't open the clubs menu from my profile page. I had to go to the main menu screen to equip them. I also think a lot of players were put in the masters, that don't belong there! It should have been cut off at a lower avg, in my opinion. I would like to see a senior tee also. I have several freinds who are retired, that would play more competitive from a senior tee. Be easy on the older players! LOL

RSS