Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual U.S. Open Qualifiers, New Tiers, New Clubs, and More

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 16 2009 11:49 AM (137 replies)
  • ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 2:36 PM

yea for a US Open i think its playin great. My first round I shot 80, then 78, then 75, and now i have a 71. Just keep playin. Its not as scary as it seems

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 3:18 PM

Thank you Claremoreblue....I think that the master tier is from about 68 to 56-57.....some of us do not have a chance.  If the equipment that we buy would perform better.  235-245 for a driver, you got to be kidding or will there be a "better/more costly" driver to come in the future. The senior tour would also be great.  

• jim57
    2 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 3:20 PM

Thanks Lysti!

• rgTIM
    4 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 4:27 PM

Would you consider tiering club sets to match the tier level of the player? The Hack player begins with the WGT Starter set. The Amateur player would get an improved WGT set of clubs upon reaching that tier. Each higher tier level would receive an improved (more distance--less forgiving on mishits) set of WGT clubs. You can still have the "brand name" clubs available for purchase as an additional upgrade. (more realistic distance, etc). You can even restrict the brand name upgrades to specific tier qualifications, preventing lower tiered (less skilled) players from getting better clubs that they haven't earned yet.

• MavZee
    34 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 5:23 PM

All the replies are well met in my opinion. We are def a educated group on the on goings of golf and our favorite golf game.

The only thing we ask is to the point of a earlier statement. We are hittng 4 woods and 3 irons out there off every tee. I think the course

looks amazing, I have been on this course and it is so very much like WGT version, So I don't believe we are asking to much, as the population of WGT when we request 10 - 15 yards added to our clubs. allow Masters to be on the Champ tees, Pros the next closer, amatures the next closer and so on.

I finish in saying that I understand that WGT wants us to feel the stuggles of a PGA player at Black under US Open conditions.

WE WANT THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!   So let us hit like a PGA player, that is strong enough on the PGA tour to even make the US Open field. 

Think about it. It has less to do with offering the players of WGT a lvl playing field for us to play against each other. And more about WGT giving us what they are trying to...

A True US Open Experience.

• clabbem
    25 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:15 PM

It´s very frustrated that i can´t play the us open coz the country is not elegible-....

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:22 PM

that does kinda suck man. But hopefully they get added along the way, and im sure this isnt the last kinda thing like this

• MikeMangan
    48 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:37 PM

I see that Tibbets has already fired a 64 at Bethpage. Amazing.

This brings me to a point that I brought up on another thread. There's no way in hell I can shoot 64 with the clubs I have, and I'm guessing many other players are at an equipment disadvantage. I just feel for this game everyone should have the same clubs.

Now, if Tibbets and others don't have an equipment advantage for the U.S. Virtual Open, I'll just go away and whine to myself. I'm curious how other people feel about this.

• colinscott
    55 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:39 PM

WGT scewed it up.  Hopefully the competition is tiered so that players of equal ability are at the same disadvantage when it comes to reaching fairways.   If not, then WGT has messed up the game.  You want me to spend money on upgrades, please.  Why?

• rnrmusic
    19 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 6:55 PM

If I wanted to be an average golfer - I would be going to the Real Courses

You Have taken the fun out of playing this game - No more Money From Me

I must say you may have killed this game. Having pushed everyone to Pro with Hack or Amatuer clubs is ridiculuis. This is a PRO course and to have to hit clubs that only go 235 or a 3 wood that goes 210, Its impossible to reach almost all the par 4 holes. The new clubs you are selling dont go much farther either. So here we are average golfers (you say average golfer hit between 200- 230 drives) playing on a pro course. If we cant hit 250-260 drives then this course is unplayable. I helped signup 17 people from my clan. Most have spent the extra $$ to upgrade clubs but hearing them Today, most were saying they are done with this game because the way this new course plays.

I normally shoot -2, even, +3 on the other courses but to shoot a +20 here is insane. Give a chance to score here. A 605 yd par 6 = let see 235 drive, 210 second shot still 160 out, stupid!

Like I said you may have lost about 10-12 of the guys I helped sign up and spent money here.

RSS