Forums

Help › Forums

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:30 AM (40 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 6:29 AM

Anyone see any threads or discussion about the newly added reputation option in the game set up menu? It doesn't do anything, and there are no options to change the default value if 'any' when in game set-up. Just wondering if it is a  known, and not supposed to be functional yet, or if it is broken.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 6:39 AM

It's been there since the first aborted attempt.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:53 AM

Thanks YJ, must be the new layout that got me - Now I can lose the anxiety of thinking is in close to deployment, and go back to hoping that they scrap the senseless idea for good. I won't get my hopes up until I see that option disappear.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 8:28 AM

I agree with VHL.  I think WGT would be wise to step back from this "Reputation" business entirely at this point.  It just does not make sense when you think about the realities of this game, the technical (i.e. "no fault") disconnects and the rest of it.

The best solution:  INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS....Build a solid list of Friends who are reliable and play with them - adding new ones as you go.

Thanks, AC

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 9:38 AM

AtlantaCoaster:
    The best solution:  INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS....Build a solid list of Friends who are reliable and play with them - adding new ones as you go.

You would have WGT eliminate random multi-player games too?  They would be unnecessary with your best solution.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 9:45 AM

Hi andyson...

No.  I said nothing like that.  Those are available as well....it is how any of us would continue to build a "Friends" List.

In other words, the way that it currently stands its fine.  I can choose a play partner randomly (Join/Create a Game Select ANYONE)

OR

Invite a Friend to play

I see no benefit in getting rid of random multi-player games as you have suggested.

Thanks, AC

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 10:16 AM

Totally agree with VHL and others on this issue and have said so right from when the idea was first mooted.

I think WGT were just allowing themselves to be dictated to by a certain faction in the forums at the time, and all reason went out of the window for a brief period, to be replaced by the ridiculous notion of tagging people with so called 'reputations', which in a lot of cases may have been wholly undeserved.

This idea was ill-advised at best, bordering on Stalinesque at worst, and should have been abandoned months ago.

Sean

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 11:07 AM

AtlantaCoaster:
    I see no benefit in getting rid of random multi-player games as you have suggested.

Guess I read too much into it AC, to me it appeared your BEST SOLUTION was for everyone to only play multi-player off their friends list.  Thus eliminating the need for random multi-player selection.

Keeping multi-player means we will still see "I hate quitters" posts.  With the standard drone of go play ladders, play only with your friends, etc., etc., etc....

Nothing is solved.  And the biggest problem with the social aspect of this site continues.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 11:29 AM

andyson:

Keeping multi-player means we will still see "I hate quitters" posts.  With the standard drone of go play ladders, play only with your friends, etc., etc., etc....

Nothing is solved.  And the biggest problem with the social aspect of this site continues.

Or we can expect people here to act like grown ups and not go whining and stomping when someone leaves a game... there's enough petulant two-year olds in the world without having to deal with their sorry butts here.

So someone quits... get over it, move on... 

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 11:53 AM

Harumph!

Snaike:

So someone quits... get over it, move on... 

RSS