Forums

Help › Forums

Funny Old Place

Tue, Jul 27 2010 8:04 PM (55 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 8:33 AM

I have to agree Terry.

So a stupid cheater is going to spoil it for everyone? Well then, WGT should finish building the game and and bring it out on a game disc, or offer a download for a monetary sum. They would sell millions of discs in my opinion, and they could still have the online version for the people who live in states that allow gambling. It's a win-win like TW(O) golf for playstation.

I would pay $50.00 for a disc that would allow me to play even the courses WGT currently has. Hell, I've paid more than that already. Tiger Woods for playstation only had about 5 courses on them games. This way I could play the WGT game with flawless game physics, and not worry about hacks, or cheats. This is an avenue WGT should think about going down once and for all.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 9:02 AM

LOL, Wgt wants the meter to skip to simulate real golf? I can assure you as very good "real golfer" i don't airmail tee shots 75 yds. O.B. because I had a spasm. LOL c'mon people we can do better than this. cricketscricketscricketscricketscrickets  JB

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 9:10 AM

I'm now experiencing "intermittent" meter problems like Priestess is... but rarely make it past 4-5 holes in a round w/o some type of stutter. Usually my rounds start-out OK, but sometimes I get a stutter right off - on the first tee. There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Just an observation about a couple things I hardly ever see mentioned in these "meter threads"... the mouse, and how it performs its tasks.

Being that the mouse IS the input device that is used to interact with the game software programming and Flash, I would like to think that WGT has tested, at least, the "more common ones". Has WGT offered a minimum requirement for this piece of essential hardware? I don't see any mention of this in the Optimizing Thread . I find it perplexing that the quality of one's mouse simply doesn't matter.

Does anyone in the thread have any experience with jscript "mapping", that would care to explain the relationship of the positon of the cursor to the "Swing" (left-click hold/drag and release), and the subsequent left-click utilized as the meter moves to the centerline?

With all this speculation of the causes and potential cures for an ailing meter, have we all lost site of the forest, and failed to spot the tree we've been beating our heads against? 

Is the scripting, either intentionally or unintentionally flawed (or inadequate), when it comes to the mouse/meter interaction and its inconsistency? And are some system configurations somehow "better equipped" to handle these interactions?

Thoughts?

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 9:14 AM

Obviously I don't want to start making accusations towards WGT, but this is only my belief as to the meter issues, I can't come up with any other reasons as to why it happens, and no one else can either. It seems part off the game to eliminate the minority who want to use macro's and I guess it is something we have to live with unfortunately.

Lets not turn this thread in to a cheat discussion please, its about the flaws in the meter issues and why it skips, jerks,lags etc ?

Thanks Terry

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 9:21 AM

PugsAce:
    Just an observation about a couple things I hardly ever see mentioned in these "meter threads"... the mouse, and how it performs its tasks.

It can't be the mouse PugsAce, like Priestess has said, one day a perfect game with no skips, stutters etc another day the game is terrible. The mouse doesn't change from one day to another, so I would eliminate that theory.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 9:51 AM

jbenny11:
    LOL, Wgt wants the meter to skip to simulate real golf? I can assure you as very good "real golfer" i don't airmail tee shots 75 yds. O.B. because I had a spasm.

LOL-Of course you don't, jb, neither do I. You do nail an occasional OB though and the end result of that particular hole is a scrambling par or bogey. That's where the real comes in-the final score. JMO-it's how I don't get PO'd by getting hosed occasionally.  ;-)

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 10:06 AM

terrydongle:

... The mouse doesn't change from one day to another, so I would eliminate that theory.

I agree that the mouse itself doesn't change, however, is its interactivity capable of experiencing fluctuations throughout the game? Are there areas of the game that are more prone to exhibit these anomalies?

Some who have attempted a "flop" shot (more recently), can attest to the fact that the mouseover recognition of the target box on the greens (after moving it away from the cup and to the right of the screen -in reverse view) is lost. I find, in my case, that it is then necessary to refresh the target box's position on the screen by going to a different view and moving the target box. Then, when I return to the reverse view, my mouse again is able to "find" the target box so I can continue setting-up my shot. Is this an effect related to my screen resolution [1440x900 @60 Hz, btw], or is there an inherent problem with the script used for the positioning of the target box?

I've also had my share of lost balls into the lake @ 17Kiawah, when the meter takes its inevitable fits there. Usually the holes leading-up to that tee seem smooth as silk. Is something interfering with the mouse/meter interaction there, as well?

I don't have the answers... just a bunch of questions. And it'd be nice if someone who plays the game and who also has some experience with scripting could offer some insight into whether or not the meter problems could be related to the mouse/scripting element of the game. Being this is still a Beta, maybe it's a problem that is still being worked out.

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 11:10 AM

smason77:
    You really couldn't be MORE wrong.

So what is the problem with the meter then seen as though you are eliminating my theory?  your good enough to say it isn't that...so please explain what the problem is Smason77.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 11:41 AM

smason77:

I'm pretty sure that this is how all of these people attain such fabulous averages.

Take Bollox for example.. his only friend on here is MisterWGT himself. lol

Coincidence? No

For such a smart man your speculation is way off base there.  Bollox deleted his entire friends list to see if it would help meter during the majors.  MrWGT has been friends with many of us for a long time and Bollox probably added him back because he had a few questions and wanted to be able to PM with him.

He was on my list too but I deleted all my friends in a failed attempt to find a steady meter as well.  So if I'm friends with MrWGt, that must be how I got to be good at this game too?  Hmmmmmmmm.  I can honestly say he has never done one thing or offered any information to help my game in the slightest.

smason77:
    Damaging to the human psyche, how little people actually use rational thought, it is.

The nail on the head you hit there Yoda!

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 12:58 PM

smason77:

You really couldn't be MORE wrong.

Macroinstruction is pure coding. It has nothing to do with recording anything so much as replicating something.

Perhaps you're thinking of micro...

Once macroinstruction is programmed it is locked in.

Unless the parameters of the host are changed the macro doesn't need to change either.

I'm pretty sure that this is how all of these people attain such fabulous averages.

Take Bollox for example.. his only friend on here is MisterWGT himself. lol

Coincidence? No

It's an easy read to the pragmatic mind.

LOL

Damaging to the human psyche, how little people actually use rational thought, it is.

Not sure why I bother to reply to you, but fyi I missed 9 fairways in my USGA victory.  So I guess I use the **** macro of all time, my finger.  I would guess I dinged somewhere between 40 and 50% of my shots for the tournament, lower than I would expect if it were a round without pressure.  I am one of the best putters on the game, so that bails me out often, and is far more important than being able to consistently ding shots.  I probably make 20 footers more consistently than you make 8 footers, so you can see where missing the ding is not that big of a concern.

Also, declining a friend request from the site president seemed like bad karma.

RSS