Forums

Help › Forums

Funny Old Place

Tue, Jul 27 2010 8:04 PM (55 replies)
  • smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 7:48 PM

Infinito3010:
    Do not use gamebooster or leatrix;  To me, that is a big NO NO!!!!

Amen! 

Somebody else finally said it as well!!

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 9:05 PM

@ Jake,

Hi,

Thanks for that info on the meter spiking, with the practice swings. Wasnt aware of that - I will watch closely in the future. It certainly isn't a cure all thats for sure.

For me the practice swings seem to work, but then....... on my last attempt to qualify for the Open I had a major moment. I was -6 thru 13. Going pretty well. The 14th a par 5 definite birdie chance.

No meter issues all round - I dont do a practice swing for the first time in the round - the meter goes bananas and I'm unable to bale out of the shot. Ball goes straight right - OB. Lost ball, double bogey hole, Open chance gone :-(

You just cant work it out can you ???

All up mind you I have few issues with the swing meter, but I guess more of late. I live with it, its a minor issue - it generally doesn't cost me, but......when it does Oooch.

It would be nice if WGT could work with some of the players and try to get to the bottom of the issue - if thats possible.

The funny thing is you dont hear much from them on the issue - I guess theres not much they can do right now, and maybe its just something we are going to have to live with.

Cheers

Doug

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 9:10 PM

@Smoken

Hi SM,

I dont play in full screen mode as such. I play within the game window and I open it up to the max. But its not real full screen - no difference really graphically.

Cheers

Doug

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 6:16 AM

Do you guys here that? it's the sound of silence, crickets, zip, notta. lol wgt can answer a guy who brings up the concede button. (which btw is just ridiculous that we don't have one yet) but any mention of someone having a meter question, not a frkn peep. hello silence my old friend. LOL as many have said before wgt is in a no win situation, admit they have a MAJOR flaw in the game, no way. blame most problems on the customer, yea that's the ticket. it's the 900 lb. elephant in the room, well the dung in the corner is now stinking to high heaven. just say what you think the problem is and what you are doing to fix it, that's really all anyone here is asking. JB

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 6:57 AM

That's funny jb. But your exactly right as far as I'm concerned. If WGT admitted there was a flaw with this game, and that word got out, their reputation would be in jeopardy, and you would see a mass exodus from the game. No one would certainly put their money into a flawed game at that point. Yet we do, and it is, but in a good way?

The WGT silence on the meter issue is deafening for sure. I've only been here for almost 11 months and don't know if WGT has ever commented to the members about the problem with the meter in the past, but I do know, they should come on and make a mention of this issue in some capacity, and offer the members some kind of resolution, whether they have one, or not. I would like for WGT to be honest about this situation and not hide their head in the sand like an Ostrich when a mention of it arises.

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 7:21 AM

OK, I wrote this in another thread so I will repeat it again for anyone who missed it. This is possibly the reason why you get the meter skips. You guys don't have a solution too it, so here is my solution to it.

"The meter skip is programmed in to the game I think. It eliminates the use of macro's.If you had the same smooth meter every time then the macro WOULD work, because it works on a timer.So having different speeds and the odd skip here and there causes the macro to be un-stable and not very effective. This is probably WGT's only way off dealing with people using macro's and cheating.

As far as a better game goes when playing in a multi player game versus  single play game, that is just "lag" on the servers part caused by everyone being in different locations, and the time the data is taking to reach everyone's computers.

Those are my thoughts anyhow, you would think that WGT would have sorted the meter by now, they probably have, but it is most likely purposely being done for reasons I have stated".

I will try to explain how a macro works. It basically records your mouse "clicks" & mouse "movements".

So when you record a macro task, it will record the mouse movements and  the mouse clicks to a certain EXACT time. For instance...You click your mouse and drag it forward to the top off your back swing, you release the click then click again on the "perfect line". Lets say from releasing at the top off the meter to clicking on the "perfect line" takes 1.3 seconds. That slight stutter or skip from time to time may make it 1.6 seconds, this will render the macro useless because it is pre-recorded to hit the "perfect line" at 1.3 seconds.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Terry

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 7:43 AM

So we have to suffer because of a macro..pfft.Surely Wgt can detect this happenning after a while and Ban the individual or individuals using it?My initial curiosity was generated towards the fact that how come i can have real player playing and utbe on and 2 windows open in wgt one day , and the meter is ok, and the next day i cant have anything on, not even a Skirt Or A Pair of Jeans,:::)

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 7:58 AM

I have just explained why I believe you get the meter skip. Don't think WGT can do anything about it apart from making the meter skip, that's there solution to it I believe. A macro is not illegal, it just repeats repetitive tasks for people rather than doing the same thing hour after hour.

I hope no one comes along and says "that's not why the meter is skipping", you guys have been scratching your heads for months and blaming your computer specs and the servers and what not.

There's your possible answer....if anyone in this thread says it isn't that, then I hope they can explain to me why it isn't !!!!!

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 8:10 AM

terrydongle:

OK, I wrote this in another thread so I will repeat it again for anyone who missed it. This is possibly the reason why you get the meter skips. You guys don't have a solution too it, so here is my solution to it.

"The meter skip is programmed in to the game I think. It eliminates the use of macro's.If you had the same smooth meter every time then the macro WOULD work, because it works on a timer.So having different speeds and the odd skip here and there causes the macro to be un-stable and not very effective. This is probably WGT's only way off dealing with people using macro's and cheating.

As far as a better game goes when playing in a multi player game versus  single play game, that is just "lag" on the servers part caused by everyone being in different locations, and the time the data is taking to reach everyone's computers.

Those are my thoughts anyhow, you would think that WGT would have sorted the meter by now, they probably have, but it is most likely purposely being done for reasons I have stated".

I will try to explain how a macro works. It basically records your mouse "clicks" & mouse "movements".

So when you record a macro task, it will record the mouse movements and  the mouse clicks to a certain EXACT time. For instance...You click your mouse and drag it forward to the top off your back swing, you release the click then click again on the "perfect line". Lets say from releasing at the top off the meter to clicking on the "perfect line" takes 1.3 seconds. That slight stutter or skip from time to time may make it 1.6 seconds, this will render the macro useless because it is pre-recorded to hit the "perfect line" at 1.3 seconds.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Terry

You really couldn't be MORE wrong.

Macroinstruction is pure coding. It has nothing to do with recording anything so much as replicating something.

Perhaps you're thinking of micro...

Once macroinstruction is programmed it is locked in.

Unless the parameters of the host are changed the macro doesn't need to change either.

I'm pretty sure that this is how all of these people attain such fabulous averages.

Take Bollox for example.. his only friend on here is MisterWGT himself. lol

Coincidence? No

It's an easy read to the pragmatic mind.

LOL

Damaging to the human psyche, how little people actually use rational thought, it is.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 8:31 AM

terrydongle:
    I have just explained why I believe you get the meter skip.

You're making sense, terry. I've been here over a year, playing on the same computer, and the meter is the same as it's always been-decent, in my case. I think what gets skewed is the degree of functionality, computer by computer. There have been people on these forums screaming bloody murder about the crappy meter only to discover a little local fine tuning makes it better. Then they're happy. Other people have certain expectations that, until they are met, will always be unhappy about the meter. 

I, like you, believe it's the nature of this beast (no pun intended) and actually lends itself to creating a very real experience for the average golfer. If this is supposed to replicate real life golf then it does a bang up job because IRL my personal meter stumbles just like this one. I have as many WTF moments on the real course as I do here and when I see really great golfers winning trips to SA and Congressional I sincerely believe they feel the same way. They just deal with it as a part of the game. Kinda like me having to pitch out of a trap IRL I thought for sure I would carry but didn't because I pulled my approach.

Priestess does raise a valid point which never gets answered. Why is this same machine OK today while yesterday it was a fight?

RSS