Forums

Help › Forums

Funny Old Place

Tue, Jul 27 2010 8:04 PM (55 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:19 AM

My original thread comment was, if our video or sound cards are continuously scrutinized ,when we mention meter sttuter,Then why is the meter PERFECT one day and RUBBISH the next day.if anyone can explain this to me il be more than content..

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:45 AM

For my experience, I can say that meter stability depends also on the hour I play. Generally the evening (I'm italian..) gives me more problems ... I suppose there are more people that play ..

I think that this is one of the causes of the variations between one day and another ... 

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 11:11 AM

Hi There

There is a excellent tool called HiJackThis.  The log can be analyzed at the following site.  This will help ensure that your system is squeaky clean. Which can only be a benefit to your computer.  IE performance. Anyway, enough said by me.  This is beyond my domain, and the answers really should be coming from WGT.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 1:01 PM

PRIESTESS:
    My original thread comment was, if our video or sound cards are continuously scrutinized ,when we mention meter sttuter,Then why is the meter PERFECT one day and RUBBISH the next day.if anyone can explain this to me il be more than content..

LOL...not even "The Shadow" knows!  I spoke with WGT about this end of last year when things started going haywire.  I stated that it even happens mid round like the blog on my home page where I dinged EVERY shot for the first 6 holes then couldn't get within 2 of center the remaining 12 holes.  Their reply was along the lines of....that's very interesting, we'll have to look into that.

It's a headscratcher but I'm temporarily at peace with the whole meter issue.  Starting to look at it like I made some fans mad and they're heckling me in my swing.  Just wish I had Stevie to tell them to shut the hell up or he would wrap my 3 iron around their neck. :=)

We'll just keep beating this dead horse until the meat is tender enough for a nice meal!  I do have a few questions to ask the big guy when I die (whether I go north or more than likely south) and the meter riddle is rapidly climbing the list.  LOL

• mikeymike13
    40 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 2:12 PM

In the last 3 hours I have lost 3 balls and shot some of the worst scores since when I turned pro. First time ever I withdrew from a tourney also. This is just crazy we cant get a freaking TRUE answer to this mystery.

Happy hacking until then.. >:-\

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 3:51 PM

Infinito3010:
    For the members without issues it would be interesting to learn how their individual computers are configured. 

I suppose I should take a stab at this being I have minimal problems with the swing meter.

1. The only downloaded software I have on my computer is Adobe 9 reader, and Quicktime. Not pro.

2. I have all my services on except for Windows shadow copy.

3. This could be one of the best things that gives me a smooth meter. I'm using F-Secure Anti-virus and it's free through my ISP. It only uses 3MB of RAM, and runs silently in the background. It's not a resource hog like Norton360, or McAfee. I have a wired router (pipeline) that gives me 10Mbps speed.

4. I have a AMD 3800+ Dual-core processor.

5. I'm using 2GB of Crucial RAM that clocks at 3-3-3-9.

6. Windows 7

7. FireFox version 3.6.6 I see there's a new version out 3.6.7

8. I have integrated graphics. GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430

I don't even use Gamebooster anymore. I also have Leatrix Latency downloaded as well. Like you said Infinito, there is so much more to list that can make or break a swing meter, and what works for me, may not necessarily work for someone else.

I agree again Infinito, WGT should be getting to the bottom of the swing meter issue their-selves. Their silence on this issue has always seem creepy to me.

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 4:33 PM

maybe its not as much a skill game as most would like to believe.  

about as much a skills game as shape puzzles.

There are no legit reasons for this problem.

"meter issues"  spread the competition out.  imo.

WGT is great game/software  but seems to be ran by douche bags.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 5:55 PM

Here are my system specs

1. Intel Dual Core 3.0Ghz CPU
    2. 2 gig of ram
    3. PCI express Nvidia gforce 8500 GT video card with 512 MB of Ram
    4. ESET Antivirus Software;  Kernel mode driven
    5. Outpost Firewall;  Kernel mode driven
    6. Asus P5LD2 motherboard with Intel 945 chipset
    7. Firefox 3.6.7 with cache set at 500MB
    8. flash 10.1; flash settings set at best
    9. XP-Pro o/s
    10. As for services, Check out the following website
    11. Try nlite for slimming and integrating Windows o/s
    12. Do not use gamebooster or leatrix;  To me, that is a big NO NO!!!!!
    • Drivers are up to date; This includes, motherboard, lan, etc
    • Video Display driver up to date and check regularly;
    • Set frame buffer to trilinear and size to 8 frames
    • antialiasing and anistropic filtering set to off
    • texture filter; high performance
    • texture filter; trilinear optimization is on
    • Directx is current and updated regularly
    • Virtual ram is fixed at 500 MB

There is alot more I could discuss, but your right, WGT, should look at this information.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 7:21 PM

That's a pretty good rig Infinito.

Is your video card a 2.0, or 2.1 PCI Express  x16?

I too have my FireFox offline storage set to 500MB

I'm using flash version 10.0 and my meter is flawless

I did like that "website" link you shared, that other one though is above my computer knowledge

I believe Leatrix Latency fix is attributed to my good meter

I'm not using Gamebooster anymore, don't need too. I agree however, this could make matters worse for some members, and they not even know it

I do have my drivers up-to-date

I'm not sure, or haven't ever heard of, Frame buffer, Tri-linear, Antialiasing, Anisotropic, or Texture filter

Also, I'm not sure how to set the virtual memory in Windows 7. I'm thinking it doesn't matter with the little bit I have on my computer.

All I know is, I can't complain at all with the performance of my meter. I also have my computer set to Defrag on a daily basis. All pretty basic stuff.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 7:42 PM

Hi Richard;

Video Card PCIe 1.0

Frame buffer, Tri-linear, Antialiasing, Anisotropic, and Texture filter are related to the video display adapter.  Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering can cause frame stutter if they are turned on.l  There could be similar settings on your computer. But most likely you will need to do a google search.

But, I like to tweak my computer alot to achieve the best results.  So, it is always interesting in how well I can get my computer to perform with this game.  Perfection is what I strive for.

RSS