Help › Forums

cheating software

Wed, Dec 6 2023 10:32 PM (154 replies)
  • TravisT3
    53 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 11:51 AM

andyson:

TravisT3:

He didn't exactly pull that out of  the elements.

There have been a plethora of articles published and marketing studies done to quantify this. That number will fluctuate with how the forums are setup.

Some References

90-9-1 rule

Thanks Josh and Courteney. I'd  always seen this meme thrown out there. Finally decided to prove to myself.lol

Thanks for that info Travis!  I often wondered how many members of WGT actually read the forums, not just participate by posting.  Your info supports a very low number of readers.  If you look at the number of views of the videos I've posted or Yancy posted,  the numbers are amazingly low. 

Anywhere from 50 to 200 views is typically all we get.  And for a site with supposedly 10s of thousands of active members that's not many reading a post and clicking on the play button of an embedded video.

In case anyone is wondering, YouTube does count views from embedded videos,  I looked it up.

Wow, today is turning into a treasure trove of information. Yea that is something I was beginning to notice in my quest to play better.  I sorta chalked it up to an older player base.  I'm no spring chicken myself .  Computer gaming and building / repairing them is a folding money hobby.

I do think a lot of people play this game. I think we would be startled by the number of people who don't even know there is a forum. I think most just go from the main webpage for info.

• Striker1953
    5 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 12:10 PM

WGT should simply make it (auto-click-swing-meter) available to everyone by adding this feature so we can all use it legally.  

Allow the player to FIRST pick a spot on the swing meter where she/he wants it (meterbar) to stop (automatically) on the downswing.  THEN make all pre-swing adjustments for wind and aim and ball flight as normal.  True, this would make the game somewhat easier, but in my opinion the game would still be challenging because of all the other factors we normally take into account prior to hitting a shot.  

It would sort of be like EZ Swing which they already have, but not exactly.  

So, if players are cheating with "auto-click-meters" and it cannot be stopped, then I think WGT has no choice but to include this feature as a normal aspect of the game to make it fair to everyone.  

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 12:23 PM

creamer444:
    i may be wrong here but i think wgt speed up and slow down the meeters to combat auto dinger so it would be early or late sometimes.

I surely hope they don't do that because only thing they achieve is to make it more difficult for the non-cheaters and for a certain type of cheat programs.

Someone suggested that there should be a random delay after you release the shot until it actually starts moving. That delay could be less than 1s and would in an instant render all timer based utilities useless, without messing with our brains.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 12:32 PM

yeh that would work.

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 1:28 PM

Joshnosh:
    people cheat at this game cause its free to make an account and its flash based simple as that.

Oh the irony................

:-)

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 2:13 PM

ouch....you get ketch!

I mean if your gonna cheat....at least use a different name....thats just dumb!

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 2:16 PM

I have called players cheats here; And i'm sorry for doing it.

It's a game guys; does'nt matter how you slice the cake.

We sould just be aware... and take it for what it is;

You have put a lot of money and time, played tourneys, tryed to  upstage better players...

Here we are, playing a good.. well, fun and free game, and all we do is fight for what we think is owed to us.

ITS A GAME!

A game people.. Get over all that crap. Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

If you dont like the "meter", "Vem" ""cost of balls" then say goodbye.

Its that simple. 

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 3:59 PM

I agree notonthis and bigeasy that 100% dinging wouldn't guarantee a perfect shot everytime but trying to miss the ding and missing further out than you played for doesn't either.some rounds i play for a lot of dings some i barely go for ding,depends how my meter is and how i feel to play the shots,but im also possitive if i could get 100% on the ding like the cheats do.i'd be scoring lower than i am now.Holiday for a few days catch you all next week gl all ROCKY

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 8:00 PM

thebigeasy707:

burchell123:
    if i had auto ding

but dinging shots doesn't guarantee anything.... you get better approach results by not hitting the ding.

WAIT !  WHAT !  I've read it all now.....Lemme get this straight......DON"T ding the shot?

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 8:02 PM

onlymarsden2:

ITS A GAME!

A game people.. Get over all that crap. Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

If you dont like the "meter", "Vem" ""cost of balls" then say goodbye.

Its that simple. 

UMMMMMM It's a game that make you pay through the nose and programmed to lose balls through NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN. thank you very much.

RSS