Help › Forums

cheating software

Wed, Dec 6 2023 10:32 PM (154 replies)
  • hbthree
    478 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 7:40 AM

DarSum:

Here, here FJ.

I have not doubt in my mind I could (have) been so much better at this game if I could hit the ding with consistency. My yardage calculations are usually on. I'd say 90 to 95% of the time. But missing the ding would penalize me that it would cost me probably 2 to 3 strokes every 9 holes. Which is the way it SHOULD be. I have no complaints with that.

The problem is now the meter impact (where you click to make impact) ding or not is FUBAR'd.

There are times you can miss 1/4" late and the ball will act as if it's dinged. Ding the shot and it's a crap shoot. But it's not always that way. There are times where the ding is what it used to be and there are times when missing penalizes you.

I personally believe WGT has made adjustments to the impact click or ding zone to combat these cheat programs and screwed it completely up for the rest of us.

If WGT would allow one to watch the opponent's meter while he or she is making his/her shots/putts, one could easily observe when an auto-dinger, or for that matter, an auto-off dinger  is being employed...no one hits, without a "cheat", the dinger (or an off-dinger spot in exactly the same place) each and every time...HB3

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 7:42 AM

burchell123:
    if i had auto ding

but dinging shots doesn't guarantee anything.... you get better approach results by not hitting the ding.

look at the scores posted by the few who've been stupid enough to post "Shommies"

last one was a 34 on back 9 of Kiawah by a legend (so we can assume he was of a fair standard)...so unless he was trying to bag his score....that's a very poor round.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 7:53 AM

thebigeasy707:

burchell123:
    if i had auto ding

but dinging shots doesn't guarantee anything.... you get better approach results by not hitting the ding.

look at the scores posted by the few who've been stupid enough to post "Shommies"

last one was a 34 on back 9 of Kiawah by a legend (so we can assume he was of a fair standard)...so unless he was trying to bag his score....that's a very poor round.

+1000 the best ones i seen don't play for the ding.

• TravisT3
    53 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 8:10 AM

courteneyfish:

Joshnosh:
    and you guys need to realise something about 1-2% of the people that play this game use the forums.

I love the way people just pluck figures out of the air. After all 110% of people can't do math.

He didn't exactly pull that out of  the elements.

There have been a plethora of articles published and marketing studies done to quantify this. That number will fluctuate with how the forums are setup.

Some References

90-9-1 rule

Thanks Josh and Courteney. I'd  always seen this meme thrown out there. Finally decided to prove to myself.lol

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 8:15 AM

if they have 6 million registered users its probably more like 0.1% tbh or 0.001

• BoscoCheeznuts
    6 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 8:25 AM

courteneyfish:

Joshnosh:
    and you guys need to realise something about 1-2% of the people that play this game use the forums.

I love the way people just pluck figures out of the air. After all 110% of people can't do math.

63% of statistics are false

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 9:01 AM

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 10:52 AM

TravisT3:

He didn't exactly pull that out of  the elements.

There have been a plethora of articles published and marketing studies done to quantify this. That number will fluctuate with how the forums are setup.

Some References

90-9-1 rule

Thanks Josh and Courteney. I'd  always seen this meme thrown out there. Finally decided to prove to myself.lol

Thanks for that info Travis!  I often wondered how many members of WGT actually read the forums, not just participate by posting.  Your info supports a very low number of readers.  If you look at the number of views of the videos I've posted or Yancy posted,  the numbers are amazingly low. 

Anywhere from 50 to 200 views is typically all we get.  And for a site with supposedly 10s of thousands of active members that's not many reading a post and clicking on the play button of an embedded video.

In case anyone is wondering, YouTube does count views from embedded videos,  I looked it up.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 11:01 AM

hbthree:
    If WGT would allow one to watch the opponent's meter while he or she is making his/her shots/putts, one could easily observe when an auto-dinger, or for that matter, an auto-off dinger  is being employed...no one hits, without a "cheat", the dinger (or an off-dinger spot in exactly the same place) each and every time...HB3

Well, problem is that an "auto dinger" does not have to "ding" all the time. They should be called "auto-click-exactly-where-you-want-to". That makes them even more efficient since you can basically use it the same way as, and in combination with, spin.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 11:49 AM

i may be wrong here but i think wgt speed up and slow down the meeters to combat auto dinger so it would be early or late sometimes. This is the reason i will never play any ready go's any more far to much cheat programmes out there slowing meeters down auto ding things i have a flutter at credit match play thats my lot for challenge games.im more interested in reaching tour legend.so if there cheating they can cheat amongst them selves.there not getting my credits.

RSS