cheating software

Wed, Dec 6 2023 10:32 PM (154 replies)
  • GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 8:45 AM

foregettaboutit:

thebigeasy707:

DarSum:

I can't wait until the WGT monitoring software takes affect and all the cheaters are banned. Then the list of cheating/banned players is sticky posted in every forum by WGT.

Awesome......

yupps will be interesting for sure :)

tbe

I'm with you guys! i just hope the forum policy, of not naming names, would not apply to any banned players caught cheating. :)

Fore

If this is true it's the best thing I've heard in recent weeks happy day's ahead we hope :).

GC.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 9:06 AM

If what's true ? WGT has not much in its power to stop cheating, so the day of reckoning will probably never come.

R.

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 9:13 AM

Rockitch:

If what's true ? WGT has not much in its power to stop cheating, so the day of reckoning will probably never come.

R.

Thanks for pi$$ing on my firework R think positive please.

GC.

• JFHuber
    435 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 10:06 AM

Ah, the ugly vestiges of cheating have started to percolate to general player base at WGT. Many players have heard through the gentle whispers of others during game play the expanding suspicions of cheats and fraud on this site. Cheating through the use of outside software to manipulate or enhance the results of game play or fraud through the use of multiple accounts by a single or group of players.  Surely some of us have entered play with a given player at a given moment in time and then have played that same player a few days/weeks later and noticed a profound change in their playability.  Engaging in a match with a player with mediocre stats (low level, tier, average) and getting crushed by them watching them throw dart after dart at the pin with uncanny accuracy.   In the past maybe we may have said “wow that player was on today”, but now the response is starting to become “Gee, that player has got to be a cheat or a fraud”.  Unfortunately this tarnishing of the integrity of play is beginning to manifest into an ugly playing environment.  The dilemma this causes now, who is responsible for exposing the cheats/frauds and how can we as players prove the existence of a cheat/fraud.  Well first, I know of no concrete method for exposing a cheat/fraud that can be implemented by a player without the accused players allowing themselves to be caught (screenshot with cheat software running etc.).  Second, my thoughts are that the maintenance of the integrity of this game/site solely belongs to WGT.  WGT as the designer/operator of this gaming site is responsible to provide a platform of play that allows the game to be played with intended fairness.  We as players should not be put in a position where we judge at a given moment of play whether or not the game is being played fairly by other players.  The consequences of players being the so called “judge and jury” on cheats/fraud can only have negative results in the long term.  Making accusations of a player’s integrity without clear proof is troubling path to travel for the general good of the game.  Although many of us know the existence of cheats/fraud on this site, without the ability to present clear documented proof, our suspicions are unfortunately at best just suspicions.  Every computer game will create an environment where players will try to manipulate the game to maximize their own personal gains if allowed.  It becomes incumbent on the game’s designer/operator to minimize the ability of cheats/frauds to manifest themselves within the game.  Once the balance of integrity of the game becomes consumed by the advance of cheats/fraud (even the rise of suspicions) the game will begin the death spiral and begin losing its player base (as pointed out by TheBigEasy).  It is not our responsibility as players to police the playability of the game within the intended rules of play.  This responsibility to maintain the integrity of the game is on WGT.  I find it troubling to read many forum posts over the past several months regarding cheats/fraud and fail to find an intelligent thoughtful response from WGT to at least allay our suspicions.  Instead we start having accusations express of specific players being cheats/frauds in other sites forums and players profile pages etc..  Accusations presented without proof can only be considered as slander.  The time has come for WGT to present to the playing community a thoughtful response to the growing fears infecting the integrity of this game (and not a WGTpizza type response).  We all play this game for the challenge, competiveness and fun of playing golf.  As many of us have learned through countless rounds of golf, it is not an easy game to play.  So WGT publish something to address the growing fears here.  Quite honestly as a loyal community of players we deserve that respect.

jfhuber

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 11:50 AM

Well said JFHuber.

The most intelligent and eloquently written post that I have read relating to this entire "story".

Some people seem to be in such an excited state of anticipation waiting for the naming and shaming of these people, it's downright frightening actually.

God forbid that this ever happens without ABSOLUTE, irrefutable proof.

I'm confident that WGT are investigating & will act like a responsible business & take the correct action/s in due course. The integrity and future of this game depends on it & they know it. 

There are far too many people being ridiculed & abused in these forums & on their walls, we are not Judge, Jury & Executioner, there is protocol, FOLLOW IT and report the person to WGT if you feel the desperate need to have someone investigated..

Peace,

Liz

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 1:18 PM

WGT would do well to issue a statement for the good of their business....Can't believe they not working on it in some way?  I don't think for one minute the top players are cheating.  I stay out of the RGs etc because I am not challenging them.  Hec I am not even sure I want to put in the real hard yards making notes etc that I feel I would need to even find out...Farther down no smoke without fire and we will all be better off when confidence is restored.................................Salem style witch hunt, not wanted!

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:22 AM

GARRYCARTER:

Rockitch:

R.

Thanks for pi$ing on my firework R think positive please.

GC.

I'm more of a believer in the truth / reality. Positive thinking is like fooling yourself, sorry to say so. The past is the best forecaster for the future. What has the past learned us ?

R.

PS If I was pissing on someones fireworks, it earlier was Darsum's than yours.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 7:38 AM

Rockitch:
    I'm more of a believer in the truth / reality. Positive thinking is like fooling yourself

If perception is reality a PMA-Positive Mental Attitude-can only enhance the outcome. You'll have the tool in place to combat the negative side.  Kind of like choosing to accept the outcome of a shot or looking to blame something for it.

"I can make it from here" trumps "woe is me."

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:56 AM

Rockitch:

GARRYCARTER:

Rockitch:

R.

Thanks for pi$ing on my firework R think positive please.

GC.

I'm more of a believer in the truth / reality. Positive thinking is like fooling yourself, sorry to say so. The past is the best forecaster for the future. What has the past learned us ?

R.

PS If I was pissing on someones fireworks, it earlier was Darsum's than yours.

:) As you see I am less experienced at this game than you sir but it did make me feel something was being done to aid us fair play players no offence taken or intended.

GC. Sorry for delay of reply been reading the other post for 3 day's.

RSS