Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,070 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 4:12 AM

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 9:02 AM

renniw52:

If you can. Let's really get to know who we are dealing with. This is Renniw52, I will be 61 in June. Happily married for 42 years, 3 kids, 7 grand kids, known as OLD SCHOOL. I travel the Eastern US as a tech rep for Industrial, Automotive and Marine coatings. I love to cook, deep sea fishing, and golfing with what friends that still can. I smoke camels, and drink beer like it will be gone tomorrow. I don't make a lot of money, and don't plan on taking it with me, or leave it to the ones I taught to make their own. I enjoy this crazy game, and my friends I have met on here. I drive an Impala, my 15th one. My first was a 1963-409 SS I bought my Senior year of high school. It was 3 years old, and I thought I was the $hit. Any thing else is just what it is.

NEXT

Above is the first ever post in this thread.  Thank you Rich for setting it up.   The idea Rich had was for people to share information about themselves so we know a little about each other (and hopefully we can all be friends).   

I have shared information about myself over the last year or so but many of you have not been following the thread that long, so I will just give you all an update about myself.  Hopefully, everyone else can do the same.   This will go a long way towards getting this thread back to what it was intended.

Henry Kawa, married 35 years, retired police officer with 37 years police experience, 3 adult kids, 2 grandchildren.   Now in retirement, I am doing some Bylaw Enforcement in small towns, contracted Internal Investigations for corporations (mostly harassment complaints), driving Limo Bus for Private Company, video conversions work.   I am waiting for my youngest son to get over some legal issues, then my wife and I want to travel to Arizona where it is a little warmer than here.   Western Canada had a cold spell of -40 with the windchill, but the last week has been very nice going above freezing temperature, snow melting.   I'm sure this weather won't last and we will be back to -40 again.    That's me in the nutshell.   Thank you for reading.   Love you all.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 4:22 AM

henry, who cares?  my nickle.

• gonfission
    2,234 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 11:43 AM

Apparently he does, as he is being honest, as the thread's intention was to be accepting of all, who decided to do so.

I fail to see the reason for indifference.

His deviation days may very well be behind him. If joking around in the past is so unforgivable, how is it that any in here are accepted? All are guilty of the same, to a certain degree.

Is the good old boy network to frail, to have some others thoughts penned? I thought there was a camaraderie between the likes of the military, and the police forces of the world.

A high percentile of the police forces employ discharged military personnel for a reason.

At least that is what I was sought for, after my discharge from the Corps as a CWO4. I had seen more than I care to discuss of disillusion, and outright venomous acts of atrocities towards mankind.

I need not have them perpetrated upon myself, in the civilian work force, or in here.

I prefer not to ever see it again, especially in here.

Your war is over, try not to rekindle it in here. It is worthless.

Everyone deserves respect, no matter the past, present, or future, that we have no control over. Lower your respect for your friend, or adversary, for one second, and see the result of your choice. It will be immediate.

Liking a person, and respecting an individual, are dimensions apart.

Tolerant

My 2 bits

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 2:21 PM

lee22sharon:

Sir.  I do and many others do as well.  

Why do you keep sayng  "my nickle".   It didn't bother me the first hundred times I've seen it, but its getting a little monotonous.    My dime!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 4:31 PM

Hi ,

My name is OPY . Yesterday the 21st was 8 years here in WGT land for me .  I have had the chance to be part of something special . Watching this game grow , Making real friends , having FUN . To be part of some of Andyson,s life , To the Christmas give away events , And Team Yancy ,,  To see the  community or forum players get together be it for the game or to point a issue or player out of control .  

I have seen the game change over the years , some of it hurt along the way . But I look forward to see what good times are ahead . And just for fun Gave away the days in run to start over at one .

Reformed Troll 

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 9:54 PM

This thread has sure taken some twists and turns, but the original concept still holds a lot of merit ...In my opinion. There has been some great posts on life stories....the good...the bad..and the ugly...some trolls...some bashing...some downright ridiculous $hit, but overall it is a priceless part of the forums.

I fail to see the need to bash anyone for posting what they feel is important....we all have different visions on what is important / interesting. Anyone who just can't handle the uninteresting / unimportant content can always just click out of it. I wish real life was like that, I would soooooo just click out of many daily conversations. " Beam me up Scotty" always pops into my head during those trying ordeals when I am trapped as a listener. ........ I have no coins.      

Jeugdzorg Dark horse - Archief: " Beam me up Scotty",...

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 11:26 PM

HenryKawa:

lee22sharon:

Sir.  I do and many others do as well.  

Why do you keep sayng  "my nickle".   It didn't bother me the first hundred times I've seen it, but its getting a little monotonous.    My dime!

in my reading of your entries on the forums and others responses to those entries i do not believe anything you say, past, present. and future.  i do not care if you care !

i use "my nickle" as a form of recognition for those words i have uttered in any form.  the words are frequently forgotten, but the sign off is not.  why do you and others care?

"My Nickle"

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 11:45 PM

gonfission:

Apparently he does, as he is being honest, as the thread's intention was to be accepting of all, who decided to do so.

I fail to see the reason for indifference.

His deviation days may very well be behind him. If joking around in the past is so unforgivable, how is it that any in here are accepted? All are guilty of the same, to a certain degree.

Is the good old boy network to frail, to have some others thoughts penned? I thought there was a camaraderie between the likes of the military, and the police forces of the world.

A high percentile of the police forces employ discharged military personnel for a reason.

At least that is what I was sought for, after my discharge from the Corps as a CWO4. I had seen more than I care to discuss of disillusion, and outright venomous acts of atrocities towards mankind.

I need not have them perpetrated upon myself, in the civilian work force, or in here.

I prefer not to ever see it again, especially in here.

Your war is over, try not to rekindle it in here. It is worthless.

Everyone deserves respect, no matter the past, present, or future, that we have no control over. Lower your respect for your friend, or adversary, for one second, and see the result of your choice. It will be immediate.

Liking a person, and respecting an individual, are dimensions apart.

Tolerant

My 2 bits

take this for whatever it is worth to you.  member of special forces for over 4 years enlisted service.  1 year as a commissioned officer (OCS Ft. Benning, GA)  in special forces, and was  released from active duty as an 03e.  total active service of 7 years 5 months.  saw and participated in many armed actions in many locations.

you are wrong in that everyone deserves respect.  it should not be given if in fact there is no believable basis for it.  in my eyes this is where henry and his writings has put himself..

in my little world i can afford to not be tolerant of those i dislike.  i would not ever lower anything in the face of an adversary, got the scars to prove why.

you seem to be a person who believes others easily, i do not.  

elsewhere in this thread you will see a response i made directly to henry, may it help you to better understand why i do not care about henry!

it may also enlighten you as to why i use "my nickle".   my nickle.

RSS