Forums

Help › Forums

Legend to Tour Legend

Fri, Jun 9 2017 3:16 AM (37 replies)
  • jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:57 AM

Like a lot of others I worked and worked to make Legend. At the time, it was in my mind an accomplishment.  I suffered the huge spike in my scores when I finally made it, as did almost everyone I know when we started teeing off from the parking lots. LOL.  Now that WGT has tarnished the status of being a Legend with their recent rules change, of promoting people to Legend for reasons other than continued good play, and don't get me wrong I understand the thinking behind it. My new goal is to reach TL. I have been really grinding lately and the work is starting to pay off. Here is my question. Since the first of the year, I have played 75 ranked 9 hole rds. either in open play or CC tournaments with a 29.65 avg.  I have lowered my avg. score, I'm not sure by how much but its gone down. I just recently started paying attention to it, But what I have noticed is a 28-29 will lower my avg,.02 so if my math is accurate since I'm currently at 63.56 I will have to have another 200 rds below 30 ( And no Heavy wind Tournaments at SG or STA) to reach the majic number of 60 to reach my goal. Am I correct?

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:16 AM

I'm not really too sure about where you are in ranked rounds as a Legend, but you need to have 500 ranked rounds as  Legend then get your avg to 60 and you will become a Tour Legend.  The instant you drop under 60.01 to 60.00 you will be a Tour Legend.  It's important to track your rounds if you don't already so you will know when you get to that level.    Then you get to start building rounds allllll over again!!

• senec
    252 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:41 AM

It's hard to seriously consider it(TL) a possibility.It's like considering climbing Mont Everest

when you have a hard time going up the stairs in your home.My avg is 65.66.I think at the

rate I'm scoring under 30 witch is a couple of times a week,I will be 100 years old when I

make it.I gotta find another source of motivation.

Any suggestions?Please don't say join a CC.....

• RKPayne
    213 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:56 PM

Is there any way (within the system) to determine how many ranked rounds you have as Legend?  The scoring history only goes back so far so you can't determine it from there. I think I may have somewhere between 200 and 250, but don't know of any way to conclusively determine it.

Thanks!

Bob Payne

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 12:24 AM

RKPayne:

Is there any way (within the system) to determine how many ranked rounds you have as Legend?  The scoring history only goes back so far so you can't determine it from there. I think I may have somewhere between 200 and 250, but don't know of any way to conclusively determine it.

Thanks!

Bob Payne

I don't think so Rk unless you know when you got promoted.

I would say to everybody when you first get promoted to Legend or any Tier,  write down the number of Ranked Rounds you have played.. you can get this from your Stats and go from there.

For the Op... don't forget your Average is worked out on the last X amount of games and not a single round.

Just on a lighter note.... Your Quite welcome to join my CC Senec....lol

-Roger

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 1:03 AM

jimoldfart:
    what I have noticed is a 28-29 will lower my avg,.02 so if my math is accurate since I'm currently at 63.56 I will have to have another 200 rds below 30 ( And no Heavy wind Tournaments at SG or STA) to reach the majic number of 60 to reach my goal. Am I correct?
    No such prediction is possible because the avg development is a non-linear thing. Once you have reached the magic no. of 500 rounds from which your average is calculated, the movement of the ave. will depend on two scores: The one you just played and the highest score in the mix. The difference between them will determine the drop of the average number, and even scores above the average may help to drop it.

This is not easy to observe in the Legend tier because of the big number in the divisor: the minimal movement of 1/500 is 0.002 while the indication has only two decimals. Thus, 60.00 may mean 60.004 - you think you've done it but you are still two strokes away.

What counts in the end is that there are 500 scores building an average of not more than 60.000, and there will be both higher and lower scores in the mix.

• staycool
    125 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 2:06 AM

What's the big rush to get to the top tier,theres no reward. you will be stuck in a tier that you can't compete with the best. Just play the game and in time earn the tier you move into.Work on more 18 hole single stroke games and lower your score and enjoy the game.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 4:27 AM

RKPayne:

Thanks!

Bob Payne

You will know when you reach 400 rounds because at that time your average will no longer go up because of a bad round.It might be 500 now since they added the tour legend tier. But no matter which it is you will know.

• RKPayne
    213 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:02 PM

borntobesting:
    You will know when you reach 400 rounds because at that time your average will no longer go up because of a bad round.It might be 500 now since they added the tour legend tier. But no matter which it is you will know.

Thanks! I'll just keep playing my games and not worry about it. When it happens, it happens. I don't anticipate ever getting to TL anyways. Not sure I can ever work my average down to 60.

Cheers,

Bob Payne

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Feb 24 2013 2:32 AM

staycool:
    What's the big rush to get to the top tier,theres no reward.

Exactly. there is no rush, if you rush to a tier, your not really 'ready' for, you arent going to do very well in that tier.

My advice.. be the best you can in your current tier... consistently do well against your peers.. and THEN, make your moves to tier up.

RSS