Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP FEVER!

Mon, Jul 12 2010 7:15 AM (82 replies)
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 5:03 AM

Snaike:
    Soccer is not a sport.  It's a third world sedative / suppository.

chipshotcharlie:

Well NFL must be a bleach enema.Soccer does not need to blow out its scores as its already entertaining.

Also we are forced to here about your stupid super bowel so suck it up its our turn.

Yay!  Go girls!! at least they dont where pads and pretend there all mucho.

If the USA is so 1st world why drag Aussies into all your god damn conflicts yeah go girls.

You are the type of patriot that gives your country a bad name.

CSC

Last I heard, Austrailia was an allie of the United States and a good one too. Please don't drag your apparent dislike for us into a stupid conversation about what sport is best. Routing for a sports team does not define ones patriotism

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 1:23 PM

england 1-usa 1 ....my that was scary....wp... we should both qualify!

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 1:45 PM

Thank God thats Over, that Agony is Over,  The new Agony begins.

Well Done USA you played Well.

I hope all of them are not like that. Heart won't last.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 6:01 PM

Is that the best England's got? Geez, can't even beat a bunch of guys playing the least popular "sport" in the civilized world.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 6:09 PM

nickuk:
    england 1-usa 1

Does this mean nobody won?  

Good thing I wasn't watching or I would have missed Jorge Posada's Grand Salamii against Houston. (There was a winner too!)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 8:34 AM

AlaCowboy:

Is that the best England's got? Geez, can't even beat a bunch of guys playing the least popular "sport" in the civilized world.

As i have posted elsewhere, AC.. in World Cup history, the record for US v Eng is 1-0-1 as I understand it.  They've never beaten us.

Can you imagine how that must really suck to be an English "Football" fan right now?  It would be like the Nigerian Hockey Team beating Team Canada, or a baseball team from Trinidad and Tobago beating the Yankees.  Ow.  I am guessing the only thing that could be worse than that is to have the French team beat them, too.

Again, imagine how it would be if we actually tried to win, or ever cared about that 'sport'.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 1:39 PM

i think the record is 2-0 with a 1-nil match in 1951. JB

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 5:54 AM

Just to put the two sports in to perspective last years Super Bowl the crescendo of the sport drew a record tv audience of a estimate 151.000.000. On the same weekend Liverpool fc played Chelsea fc in a middle of the season league game and pulled 185.000.000. In terms of tv audiences England a country smaller than Florida holds the equivalent 42 super bowls a year.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 7:03 AM

griffygriff:
    Just to put the two sports in to perspective last years Super Bowl the crescendo of the sport drew a record tv audience of a estimate 151.000.000. On the same weekend Liverpool fc played Chelsea fc in a middle of the season league game and pulled 185.000.000

LMAO-You make that up? I'll wait for you to produce the source before I apologize.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:08 AM

YankeeJim:

griffygriff:
    Just to put the two sports in to perspective last years Super Bowl the crescendo of the sport drew a record tv audience of a estimate 151.000.000. On the same weekend Liverpool fc played Chelsea fc in a middle of the season league game and pulled 185.000.000

LMAO-You make that up? I'll wait for you to produce the source before I apologize.

I hate to say this Griff, but I think you missed an 0 on the Super Bowl total. Last time I checked, it was 1, 510, 000, 000.

RSS