Help › Forums

country clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 28 2010 4:02 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • r12echo
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 11:58 PM

so my pending members say they haven't received their invites and when we try the other way where they send a  request i cannot see it.

How do we accept request or process invites?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 12:57 AM

Hi r12,

As the club owner, you simply just need to send the invitation.  The players you invite to join you will receive their invitations via the email they used to register their accounts.  Within that email is a confirmation link that each player must click to join your club.  They also need to be logged in to WGT in order to accept the invite.  Have them check their account profile (Account button on the friends list) and make sure they have the correct email listed.

If they have the correct email listed and do not see your invitation in their inbox please have them check their junk/spam folder.  It would also be a good idea for them to create an exception to allow emails from members@worldgolftour.com just in case they have one of the providers that auto delete the spam/junk folder.  Having an up-to-date and correct email address is necessary anyway because if a player wins a prize through one of the site's contests then we will contact them via their registered email.

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 5:47 AM

A pending member of my club had his email address incorrect at first, but now has corrected it. Now it won't work because I had sent an invite in reply to his request already, I am not able to send another one. This guy sure does belong to my club, or another one similar to it.

Greg.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 11:07 AM

You can rescind the original invite by clicking on the red X next to that fellow's name in your CC members list.   After he's removed, just send another invitation and he'll be able to accept that one.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 11:25 AM

R12...

Good Luck with your Country Club - you will have fun with it.

I wanted to offer you the following FORUM THREAD regarding CC Invites - it basically sums up some of the things you will have to work through - which basically will amount to a certain degree of CHASING people you have INVITED and making them go to their EMAIL account for the Invite.....Many will not even know they are INVITED until you do this.

Explained in more detail HERE: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/12132.aspx  The thread is titled "IMPROVE/Streamline Country Club Invitations".

Good luck getting set up - AtlantaCoaster

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 11:40 AM

Inviting a member to a CC takes only 3 steps (one of which is optional, but which ensures the person knows they have an invite waiting for them).

• CC Owner Invites player of choice
    • CC Owner tags that player's wall and lets them know they have an invite in their email
    • Invitee clicks confirmation link in email and joins club.

That's all that it takes really.  We chose to do it this way because we felt this wouldn't be terribly difficult.  We also assumed that most users had correct email information on their account since they are supposed to according to the Terms & Conditions.

As a result of country clubs we have found many players who have mistyped or incorrect emails entered in their account information.  Since you are required to have accurate information on your account this has actually helped us quite a bit, so there is some positive to doing it this way since we contact players via email if they win a prize or sweepstakes.  We'll see what we can do to simplify it further, but the current system may be in place for a little while longer.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 12:12 PM

Thanks for the insight, Niv....

I had some Speculation in another thread that there was some sort of Security/Verification at work with these....and if it helps weed out nonsense...well good.  :-)

I got mine filled up this morning so My Work is Done (for now).

Regards, AtlantaCoaster

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 1:10 PM

Thanks, WGTniv! It worked!

• Kangu
    6 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 7:27 AM

hey guys, a little help here

ive done that, and when i send another it says that i have allready sent one and cant send another, but he hasnt got any invite :S

whats wrong???

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 11:40 AM

Hi Kangu,

You'll need to go into your Country Club member list and cancel out the pending invitation for that player by clicking the red X next to their name.  Once you cancel it you'll be able to send another one.

The player you are sending your invitation to will receive the invitation via the email they used when they registered the account.  I'd have your friend double-check his account settings and make sure he has used a proper email address.  If he's using a public mail account like hotmail or yahoo he may need to check his Spam/Junk folder.

• PAGES
RSS