Forums

Help › Forums

wife

Tue, Jul 13 2010 5:59 PM (49 replies)
  • luckysump
    638 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 11:20 AM

My Wife thinks i a very sad man, i only play  9 or 18 holes in the evening when she's snoring on the Sofa, she may be right but i dont care, Yes i do read the forum and the remarks, but i like to know what my brother Golfers have to say. i love this game and hate it, what can i do.

The wife will have to go

play well to you al, hope to have a round with you.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 11:39 AM

I have same situation.  There about 1% of women that are ok with gaming, and about 50% of that 1% dont mind you playing when you get older and are married.  I am guessing you encroached on "our" time, when you should have been snoring with her on the couch or just watching tv.  Just ask her how its "sad" when she is sleeping and you have a cheap hobby?  What you should do next is take a week or two off from WGT at night, and instead have guys over getting drunk, or hit the bars to watch ballgames.  When she has a problem with that, ask which she prefers, that or wgt. 

I suggested that option because I was getting grief for less then once per week fishing nights.  She quited down right after I proposed Sunday football at the bar, and Monday night football parties.

I would love to hear from some female members on the subject, but I imagine the few that are on here are already pretty cool since they obviously dont mind online gaming, since they partake.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 11:46 AM

Women ---

Can't live with 'em

Can't kill 'em

• peacher
    111 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 11:57 AM

my wife calls me a loser and rolls her eyes when she walks into me playing! I just tell her at least I'm home and she realizes it's alot worse when we go real golfing and don't make it home. Plus its alot cheaper to drink beer from a case in your own home rather than buying them at 5 bucks apiece from the clubhouse. We are wrong no matter what we do , so I say just play and let them snore and complain, It's not like your getting anything anyways, tell her this is your masturbation! HOPE THIS HELPS

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 12:04 PM

Sorry m8 ,  I had no idea that my wife had a sister..  lol   ..  She will get up and say "  turn that @#$%   game off "    I think mine has a control issues ..   She didnt like me going for bike rides so i got rid of the bike,, thats when it all started,,  I gave in the first time and it didnt stop !!    last time she said  "  get off MY computer "   I said ok went out to the garage and pulled her car out and put my car in the garage ..  no computer for me and no garage for your car !!   that did the trick for me.. I get to enjoy the game and her car is in the garage ..  from one sad man to another..  enjoy  Opy

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 12:25 PM

broads.

Opy hit the nail on the head, once you give in 1 time, its nearly impossible to gain the upper hand.  And yes your wife has a sister, she has 3 Billion sisters with the same mentality, and for the most part hate each other.

Gonna take a stab at this one, is your wife opposed to WGT, but a facebook or twitter junky?  If so, I think I know her.  Her point of view:  Playing game online in your own time, stupid.  Sitting on facebook, seeing what her friends from kindergarten are doing right now, time well spent.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 12:34 PM

lvietri:

Women ---

Can't live with 'em

Can't kill 'em Pass the beer nuts

There FTFY Lou...

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 12:39 PM

Oh my....I'm in a 1% ?  My husband was on this site a month before me & finally got me to try it out.  Honestly I've never known any women like the ones you are describing & if I did I would have a lot of questions for them because I can't understand the attitude about a hobby that keeps you at home unless they really just want you to go out.     =)

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 12:43 PM

Lysti:

Oh my....I'm in a 1% ?  My husband was on this site a month before me & finally got me to try it out.  Honestly I've never known any women like the ones you are describing & if I did I would have a lot of questions for them because I can't understand the attitude about a hobby that keeps you at home unless they really just want you to go out.     =)

that's why we(I) love you!

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 7:28 AM

oh yes, i fish too. she's a fishing widow. or so she says.

its inpossible to please them, so i've given up trying. i'll keep you informed

RSS