to get better loading... REF. from WGT team

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 6:43 AM

2/3 down the page............http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 6:50 AM

I posted a direct link to clear you flash cache on your wall.

Happy hitting

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 9:07 AM

Y'know... I hope that SOMEday, SOMEone will come up with a simple "one-click" application, macro, or whatever it takes to clear both caches easily, and this solution will become an integral part of this game, at least while it's still in beta form.

I know it doesn't take much to clear both caches, and once you've done it a few times, it becomes almost automatic, but I can imagine there are many WGT players that don't frequent these forums, and have no clue about what "caches" are, or why or when to clear them.

I believe this lack of knowledge is a prime cause for alot of the problems that are experienced during gameplay, not only for a player that has cluttered caches, but also for his/her unfortunate playing partners. Game freezes don't only affect the one whose caches need to be cleared. Many times, I've waited a long time for another player while they're "loading....", have seen that they've disconnected, or "timed out", and consequently the rest of the players can't continue and must also quit our own games.

It would be great if one of the programming geniuses in WGT's employ could work out a "flash element" (or whatever it's called) to implement some type of "in-house" solution. I would think that ensuring that beta-testers are "keeping-up with program changes" would be a top-priority in any beta testing effort, and could help in eliminating any "false alarms" about bugs that aren't actually bugs, but I may be wrong.

...just my .02.     :/

• cyrille78
    27 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 2:37 PM

ty for the helps.

RSS