Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Congressional Tournament.

Wed, Jul 4 2012 8:16 AM (93 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 9:47 AM

BeachedMulligan:
    As for the lower tiers in the Congress Tourney I did look at the Pro Tier and saw a level 86 and 85 came in first and second. REALLY? I think im level 87 right now, so they are using the same clubs as me and have the same experience, but are teeing off from 60 yards closer?

I forget which Tier it was....fellow came out of hibernation and posted a sub 60.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 10:12 AM

thebigeasy707:

BeachedMulligan:

I suppose now I understand why your truly mad about the Tourny. You have spent $2k on this game

wrong again,.................$2k is loose change, hardly worth bothering about..... or maybe just enough to keep you going on pies & hot dogs for a few weeks lol.

Well if $2k was loose change to me i'd probly have a few different hobbies than complain multiple times a day for 3 days during an online golf tournament. But that's just me. :) To each their own i suppose. 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:11 PM

WigerToods2010:

Cerino, 

I have no problems with anyone that plays the UL events - totally their choice to do so.

My gripe is with those @ WGT that stated they didn't want to see unrealistic low scores in their 'premier' events and then immediately contradict themselves by doing the opposite of what they've stated both in the forums and on the live 'chat' last week.

Happy hittin' folks!

;o)

Depends on the  definition of unrealistic low scores. My own are unrealistic and so is my average.

I still think WGT just wanted folks to play on Congressional a lot during the ATT National that was being played IRL on Congressional during that time. Perhaps they didn't think as much about our competitive levels in unlimited play? Perhaps a programmer might have made a mistake and once it started they could change it? Perhaps they're money greedy sods that don't care about their customers? It's got to be one of the three. ;-)

It's your honor your honor and the hard stuff isn't going to come down for a while.

• Funkyjunkie3000
    722 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 3:04 PM

tiffer67:

Really disappointed to read that this tournament is an unlimited play. I was looking forward to playing a one opportunity only tournament, now I can't say I'll be too fussed about it.

If the idea to replace the Virtual British Open with a series of unlimited play tournaments is meant to be of comfort, I'm afraid it doesn't work for me. Please WGT make at least one of the forthcoming tournaments single plays.

could not agree more i didnt even sign up when i read unlimited

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 4:10 PM

9 Times out of 10 Unlimited play will be won by the best players!! Its a fact!!,That doesn't give much incentive to players outside the top 15 who will play it for a couple of hours here and there,It will always be won by a top player who Grinds the backside off it and rightly so because there is a 100 dollar prize,,Bring the rest of the field into play and kick Unlimited into touch please!,

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 6:04 PM

PRIESTESS:
    ,Bring the rest of the field into play and kick Unlimited into touch please!,

You just want to laugh at us! ;)

WGT could set up "Practice Rounds" with Champ greens and like wind conditions.

Bang away and get used to the green speeds, the suck it up and play!

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 6:05 PM

While I agree that the unlimited tourney's will usually be won by the best players, I would also state that the single play tourney's are usually won by the best players also.  There is a reason they are the best (Priestess should know - she is one).  The only difference is that with unlimited tourney's you can restart with a bad round or a bad wind set or whatever, or grind away for 32 hours straight to post a 49, etc.  Single play tourney's definitely are more of a challenge as you know you have to be on your game to compete - but they are still won by the best players.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 6:06 PM

By making it unlimited play really makes the masses which WGT is trying to get involved play and feel, if I get a great game going maybe, just maybe I can place up there in the top. This equals happy customers (They may be frustrated for not gettting to the top, but feel they have a chance) and lots of balls used. This makes sense for WGT and the community at large. This makes people participate. Funny thing is I didnt sign up for this tourney for the reasons many have made here but that is the players that know there skill level and want to play the single play mode. For what they were trying to accoplish from a business side it makes sense. When I was a Pro/TP/Master I loved unlimited plays as it gave me experince and made me feel like "I can do better lets do this"

We want the new people to feel like they have a chance or are improving, these unlimited tourneys give them that op.

Thats how I look at it anyways,

Mes.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 7:08 PM

Spammage:

While I agree that the unlimited tourney's will usually be won by the best players, I would also state that the single play tourney's are usually won by the best players also.  There is a reason they are the best (Priestess should know - she is one).  The only difference is that with unlimited tourney's you can restart with a bad round or a bad wind set or whatever, or grind away for 32 hours straight to post a 49, etc.  Single play tourney's definitely are more of a challenge as you know you have to be on your game to compete - but they are still won by the best players.

Interesting dynamic I've noticed. The unlimited plays never get the threads started about how the VEM ruined a round. The single play Tourneys always have some player claiming they were playing great then WGt turned up the screws and killed their round. Unlimited or single, the greats usually win because they're great at this game. I've yet to see a single play won by someone outside of the great zone but I have seen players in the great zone complain a heck of a lot about Tourney rounds in single play. :-)

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2012 3:05 AM

oilyrag:

chrisironsbones:

so the winnings havn't just appeared, they've come from paying customers,

speaking of winnings ... and i may need a tin foil hat here :) ... but ...

has anyone looked at the top 3 places in each of the tiers ?

no ?

am I being tin foiled hatted in saying there is a very odd pattern to winners in the 3 lower tiers ?

take a look at the profiles... the career earnings... the join dates ... the actual score history with respect to the date of playing this congressional tournament and the date of play for the previous entry.

and there are 2 more similarities if you take a look

quite bizarre.

This is a total disgrace, WGT should check the IP addresses of the Pro tier and tour pro winners before handing out prizes.  Come on, if i dont play congressional for a week, i get rusty, but to come back after MONTHS out and score 59's, some thing fishy going on.  The amount of games played is strange, too busy playing their PROPER account to bother with pro one, (until there's $100 involved)  WGT need to verify this before handing out prizes, its STEALING from legitamite players, but to be honest, its a shame on the HONEST players, but the pro tier seems to be full of "scamer's" and i don't trust any of them.  These players are ruining it for the genuine people who are trying to learn the game.  Has it come to the stage people know nothings being done about it, so they're all thinking "well, if you cant beat them, might as well join them."  Yes $100 would be nice, and I know if i opened a new account, got to pro, and used decent clubs i could easily win the tournament, but some people still have morals, just wish most of these greedy ba5tards would have too, their dragging this beautiful game down the pan and giving it a bad reputation where cheating wins you more than a honest account does.  ** but i bet they used different address to post score (unless they are too dumb)

The pro tier winner sends a gift of daytona, wedges and balls to some one, yet the tour pro winner is using these items, but no history of buying them, a few weeks later they are now friends.  Gifts should say who sent what to whom, a bit of transparency, i just sent a pack of balls to a friend to see if it says who sent them, NOTHING, this is giving more opportunity to the cheats to hide themselves.

Oh, by the way, the 3 winners, pro, tour pro and master have all been friends with each other, and only play occasionally, havn't played in months (all 3) too busy playing their proper account maybe?? WGT please look into this.  But if they are legitimate players, i apologise, but if that's true i must be the King of Wales.

RSS