Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Congressional Tournament.

Wed, Jul 4 2012 8:16 AM (93 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:01 PM

Really disappointed to read that this tournament is an unlimited play. I was looking forward to playing a one opportunity only tournament, now I can't say I'll be too fussed about it.

If the idea to replace the Virtual British Open with a series of unlimited play tournaments is meant to be of comfort, I'm afraid it doesn't work for me. Please WGT make at least one of the forthcoming tournaments single plays.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:07 PM

I agree

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:20 PM

I'm looking forward to watching the Pro's play Congressional this weekend and comparing it to how it looks here. 4 days of unlimited play isn't that bad really. It's not a major so it's not a major deal for me. The scoring will be what it always is. Great.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:24 PM

tiffer67:

Really disappointed to read that this tournament is an unlimited play.

me too.

tbe

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:25 PM

I m thinking the same that Tiffer comments in this post. I was waiting for single tournament series and your first option was create an unlimited comp. Not the same, you should think that, single rounds are more interesting to all players, and you could  see diferent winners. Players have more oportunities to win with two very good rounds.

Unlimited tournaments are good to best players here because they can shot low scores when they have more than one time to do it.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:26 PM

I was hoping for new pin placements. :(

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:31 PM

I said exactly the same in another thread. I can't be bothered with the grinding away at the unlimited tournaments. 1 round, 1 chance. That's how it should be.

It's a good job there are community organised tournaments and a certain few players organising a tour or things would be very boring indeed.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:43 PM

I agree Dazza, the Tour is now the tournament I will be looking forward to first this weekend.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:56 PM

thebigeasy707:

tiffer67:

Really disappointed to read that this tournament is an unlimited play.

me too.

tbe

Me Too. if they want to do a restart, why not limit it to one, and one only 

Just a thought

Gary

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 3:58 PM

Hi guys,

I don't know how locked our schedule is, but i'll check into it;)

-wgticon

RSS