Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Congressional Tournament.

Wed, Jul 4 2012 8:16 AM (93 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:34 AM

Unlimited tourney's for WGT only means one thing.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:35 AM

I played it twice now just for the experience of playing on Championship Speed greens. I enjoy playing Congressional anyway.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:49 AM

LOL tbe.... It's all about the money :

Cerino, 

I have no problems with anyone that plays the UL events - totally their choice to do so.

My gripe is with those @ WGT that stated they didn't want to see unrealistic low scores in their 'premier' events and then immediately contradict themselves by doing the opposite of what they've stated both in the forums and on the live 'chat' last week.

Happy hittin' folks!

;o)

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 7:40 PM

thebigeasy707:

Hopefully WGT will REALLY START listening (HELLO) to it's paying punters. No paying punters....no game......period.

tbe

Who are these paying punters? I see your a legend and I think alot of the Legends in this game are NOT paying a dime to play. I havnt pulled my wallet out since maybe master level, and Im an average player.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:27 PM

BeachedMulligan:

Who are these paying punters? I see your a legend and I think alot of the Legends in this game are NOT paying a dime to play. I havnt pulled my wallet out since maybe master level, and Im an average player.

i've put a lot of loose change into this game since i started just over 2 yrs ago, not to be exact but it's easily around $2200+ (WGT Accounts Dept can confirm this)....I've never went down the earn free credits route watching videos or done surveys cause I have no time or patience for them.

as well as buying all the clubs and more balls than a horse can shyte...i've bought for friends etc as well as other things like mpc's, skins etc...where WGT take their rake.

if everyone stopped buying credits via real currency and just watched videos or filled in surveys to get new clubs and balls all the time.....this site would be gone in no time.

do I regret spending real money on here??? no....definitely not.  WGT needs real currency to pay it's bills and pay staff, so it's got to be coming from somewhere huh?

there's a ton of folks paying decent money every day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year,  to buy stuff like clubs and balls etc....so don't fool yourself that Legends do not contribute to this game.

sure.....the only thing i buy regularly now are ever so cheap nikes at $4 a sleeve.....but i'll rattle through 3 sleeves a week, so there's $624/yr on balls alone & when newer irons come out I'll probably buy them too unless WGT don't mess with the clubs I have just now like they did with the TM 2.0's prior to the R11's coming out.

Anyways...that's me done explaining to a fat kid wearing a t shirt "I f*ck on the 1st date!" lol.

G'Nite All.

tbe

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 3:23 AM

BeachedMulligan:

Those credits legends have accumulated have had to come from some where, probably from the players who do use their credits card, so the winnings havn't just appeared, they've come from paying customers, and those legends then spend those credits on balls, tournaments etc etc and forcing people who may have lost credits to buy more.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 6:56 AM

chrisironsbones:

so the winnings havn't just appeared, they've come from paying customers,

speaking of winnings ... and i may need a tin foil hat here :) ... but ...

has anyone looked at the top 3 places in each of the tiers ?

no ?

am I being tin foiled hatted in saying there is a very odd pattern to winners in the 3 lower tiers ?

take a look at the profiles... the career earnings... the join dates ... the actual score history with respect to the date of playing this congressional tournament and the date of play for the previous entry.

and there are 2 more similarities if you take a look

quite bizarre.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 7:12 AM

thebigeasy707:

i've put a lot of loose change into this game since i started just over 2 yrs ago, not to be exact but it's easily around $2200+ 

Anyways...that's me done explaining to a fat kid wearing a t shirt "I f*ck on the 1st date!" lol.

G'Nite All.

tbe

I suppose now I understand why your truly mad about the Tourny. You have spent $2k on this game and want a single play game to show your skill level vs the best. I guess you cant do that in an unlim tourney. I hear your pain as I didnt even sign up for it or play at all this weekend. I have zero chance to make top 3.

Chris I must thank you for the delightful economics lesson. My point prior to that was simply TBE was talking about listening to the paying customers and I would think 75% if not more of the Legends in this game are no longer paying customers. Maybe i'm wrong. 

As for the lower tiers in the Congress Tourney I did look at the Pro Tier and saw a level 86 and 85 came in first and second. REALLY? I think im level 87 right now, so they are using the same clubs as me and have the same experience, but are teeing off from 60 yards closer?

-BM the fat kid who likes to get laid. 

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 7:17 AM

oilyrag:

take a look at the profiles... the career earnings... the join dates ... the actual score history with respect to the date of playing this congressional tournament and the date of play for the previous entry.

quite bizarre.

Not that bizarre. They're all sandbaggers.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 8:21 AM

BeachedMulligan:

I suppose now I understand why your truly mad about the Tourny. You have spent $2k on this game

wrong again,.................$2k is loose change, hardly worth bothering about..... or maybe just enough to keep you going on pies & hot dogs for a few weeks lol.

Chad Nelson tells us he's listening more to what folks say..........well it has to cut both ways.

In this thread and others, the general census of opinion is folks want Special Tourneys to be single play................so we can wait and see what happens.

tbe

RSS