Help › Forums

WGT Congressional Tournament.

Wed, Jul 4 2012 8:16 AM (93 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 8:20 AM

YankeeJim:

CerinoDevoti:
    Point is the very best win regardless of single play or unlimited. Single play isn't going to elevate any us not in the top .01%

I disagree but until a tournament like this is played like a lot are requesting we'll never know.

I suppose you are right but if one of the .01% win, I won't be surprised either. Obviously at this point WGT can't change this Tourney so perhaps on the next of the Summer Tourneys they'll throw single play at us. I played the thing once so far and I'll prolly play it maybe one more time just to see if I can beat my own score. I really enjoyed watching some if the ATT National last night. Seeing the course as we see it is such a blast. The boys were playing very scared on 11. The pin was cut the same as we get it and nobody hit it anywhere near the hole. I'm laughing at the TV saying, "3/4 back spin 4 iron" no prob. lol

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 8:50 AM

Buckthebuck:

As I said it took me about 2 hours or so to post 55, it did not mean for me staring at the screen hunchbacked not taking my eyes off the screen for 2 hours straight .

Buck, you really don't need to justify yourself. It's unlimited, so anyone can play it as much as he wants, Period! And who knows how much restart did the others, even those who complain about the format?

As I said above, unlimited tourneys are quite boring so I do not like them much and I would also have preferred to play a multiround single play tourney. But it's unlimited so, anyone is free to play it as much as he wants, especially those who can win the prize. No complain allowed about that. Complain should be directed to WGT. And that's what is done mainly in this thread I believe. Just hoping they are hearing us :) .

Regards

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 11:15 AM

jvr86:

A 4 round tournaments like the "Tiered nation virtual open #3" was a better option.

One round per day, during the congressional real life tournament... AWESOME :D

I agree.  Loved the Nation 4-day tourney at Olympic.  Was hoping for the same this weekend.

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 2:21 PM

I've tried to play the Congressional Tournament twice this week and both times I have had conflicting distances and wind infractions that didn't cause the ball to move when i accounted for it or when i didn't the wind did  move the ball. I think WGT doesn't like me or they just don't want me to win any prizes. So i think the best thing to do is just walk away from this game and spend my retirement days doing something more worthwhile. I have left all my Facebook friends for this game and I have made a lot of friendships in this game. I will miss them but I'm going back to something that give me pleasure and not grief. Enjoy the game people and have fun!

• par4dcourse
    22 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 3:30 PM

I worked like hell to shoot a 71, then looked at the leaderboard to find other Tour Pro's with similar handicap as me (69) were shooting 60's and 61's.  How does one suddenly play 10 strokes better than normal on under tournament conditions?

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 3:37 PM

same here, i dont bother with unlimited tourneys really, shame.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 8:04 PM

genorb:

Just hoping they are hearing us :) .

Only fools would keep turning deaf ears time and time and time again on it's loyal paying members. Chad & Co seem to be astute business guys. Clever at what they do.

BUT

I'm not playing these **cough**cough** special tournaments as a protest......a lot of other folks I know are not playing them either as a protest also. Sure.......the numbers so far maybe relatively insignificant for WGT to worry about but these numbers are sure to grow over a period of time until they cannot be ignored any longer.

WGT needs to get away from the unlimited tourney means 2 sleeves of balls = $9 x 200 players "greed mentality" because through time and as we are seeing in this thread, the trend is moving away from unlimited borefests.....My advice to WGT would be to follow the trend before it all ends up a chapter of pain and their cult following wilts away.

Once folks start to get too bored with something, they inevitably go elsewhere and in this day and age it is increasing difficult to coax people back again.

WGT shouldn't think they're on so solid ground due to lack of competition. That kind of misbelief is futile. Before you know it, there's a great golf game arrived on the scene, it's not flash based so it's even easily playable on iPads and other tablets, which more and more people are currently changing to on a daily basis.

In X amount of time.........pc's and laptops will be retro / old hat as people start to spend more time on their iPads / tablets and whatever new technology hits the shelves.

When this happens WGT will start to seriously listen to it loyal core of paying players, but by then it may already be too late.

The game needs new life injected into it to move it forwards. Unlimited stuff is a step backwards IMHO. Sure there should always be unlimited tourneys to some extent......but there should be just as many single plays.....especially for those "Special Championships".There's nothing so special about unlims.

As always.....I wish Chad & WGT success....but give serious thought to what we're saying in this thread.

I've worked online for around 15 years now. I've seen bigger games go under because they've put profit before people too much, showed no willingness to change and follow trends amongst their hardcore members. I would not wish this fate to befall WGT. It's a great game and I really enjoy it.....but I ain't no Munki lol.

Anyway.......I'll finish off before this post grows the size of Genorb proportions. :)

Stay Lucky!

tbe

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 10:45 PM

thebigeasy707:
    Anyway.......I'll finish off before this post grows the size of Genorb proportions. :)

Too late!! ;)

thebigeasy707:
    he game needs new life injected into it to move it forwards. Unlimited stuff is a step backwards IMHO. Sure there should always be unlimited tourneys to some extent......but there should be just as many single plays.....especially for those "Special Championships".There's nothing so special about unlims.

So true.

The thrill/rush/etc is where it's at ...59 or 69....I don't care.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 7:11 AM

Well, i'm not entering this tournament, why substitute the unlimited qualifier we would have had on the new British open we didn't get with a tournament on congressional where some one who has nothing better to do than play it over until they get a 54.  Wont even waste my time, much happier with the $8 i got yesterday for coming 2nd in ready go at congressional with a 58 than wasting $4.50 to $9 on a tournament i'm not even going to get 3rd place in

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:24 AM

WGT really pushing the boat out for this event now, even added a trophy:

;o)

RSS