Forums

Help › Forums

What Courses Do You Want?

Mon, Jun 11 2018 4:33 PM (151 replies)
  • Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 4:03 PM

paudieharrington:

The way you go on you swear it was another country in another timezone, Im not getting political here but Ireland is one island made up of 32 counties and only partitioned politically, The southern courses are just as good as the north and very similar in fact.,due to them being the SAME COUNTRY :)

I don´t have a political bone in my body but I do know that Ireland is made up of 2 countries in 1 landmass. It was only my opinion that lead  me to state, rightly or wrongy,  that I thought  that Royal County Down in Northern Ireland was the best links course in the world. There is no chip on my shoulder there on that personal opinion.

All the courses that I mentioned I have played and in my own personal opinion they were all great to play but if I was only to mention just 1, then that course would be Royal Co. Down as the best.

As for the SAME COUNTRY jibe, not all courses in Ireland are links courses, some are parkland and some heath and even though they are in the SAME COUNTRY they are worlds apart to play on even if they are in the same time zone.

• paudieharrington
    83 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 4:50 PM

Maybe you are right, Maybe the north does have better courses,I respect your opinion, Ive played numerous courses all over Ireland and there all great, My point is that Ireland is ONE country,Why would my same country comment be any type of JIBE????? We were united until we were colonised by the British with some of your orange counterparts, The majority of this island, over 80% of the population would agree with me. Northen Ireland belongs to Ireland and its great people and not a colony of Britain and subjects of the commonwealth!!!  You will see the unification of this Island within your lifetime ;)   Im just a patriotic Irishman who loves his  country with a passion.

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 5:28 PM

I only gave an opinion about a golf course that I was interested in making theWGT list and it was in Northern Ireland, 1 of 2 countries on the landmass of Ireland. Because of the massive chip on your shoulder you have continually bleated on about pathetic politcs, hair splitting that the courses north of the border are really belonging to the south. I don't care, I really don't.

As for my orange counterparts,what century are we talking about? and how do you know my political stance or religion?

Please save your bigoted argument for somebody that gives a damn because I couldn't   care less regardless of how patriotic you are .

I am only interested in golf courses, not in political BS.

• paudieharrington
    83 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:14 PM

This is after getting very messy, If you track back to my first repIy you may understand my position,I dont have a political stance and im not religious one bit, Dont start getting cheeky with me when im having a discussion with you, Dont presume i have any chip on my shoulder , I dont !, Dont  ever call me a biggot!!  I was brought up in a diverse society and i was educated in living with differences,  Biggotry doesnt enter my vocabulary,     You keep getting the last word in, , Can you not see my point of view at all?? . We had a friendly conversation going untill you got annoyed at me, Im talking about my country, I like to consider it as ONE, that was all, I didnt mean to offend you in any way, When i said orange counterparts i was only talking about  king Willy of orange and his dutch and european mercanaries who defeated us in the Jacobite war in the 17th century and ruined our great country indefinitely, Our country of 6 million people is only divided by the 700k protestants/orange order  who live in the north  who were planted here in the plantations and stole the land from the rightfull owners.Another great tragedy in our tragic past.,We could talk all night about our tragic history but its probably best left alone ;)

Well this is a can of worms opened  if ive ever seen it ;)  No more now, Just golf, Are there many dutch courses? id imagine there are many water hazards ;)  (just kidding)  Ive watched the KLM open a few times and ive been to amsterdam twice. Im sorry for turning this into a silly argument, All my fault, I hope we can be friends :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 12:49 AM

edit:

out of it:)

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 6:24 AM

I wantsssss the 

University of Michigan Golf Course

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 9:14 AM

I love how this thread of new golf courses turned into a debate about the political issues between different groups in IRELAND.  

I would love to see some of the traditional US Open courses......Winged Foot is probably on top of my list.  We should get Pinehurst #2 and Pebble Beach in a few years, they are on the upcoming US Open rotation.  Probably be good to take a look at some of the tournaments used for the PGA as well.  I know Kiawah hosts it this year or next but some of those tracts are good solid courses.  The TPC courses have pretty much been done on all the virtual golf courses so I don't care that much for TPC tracts, although Sawgrass is fun to play, WGT players would kill it though, much like Harbour Town it is just too short.

Like to see Turnberry, Troon and Carnoustie out of Scotland come online.  I haven't played other international courses so no opinions there.

I would like to see a solid 2 courses per year plus 2 tru golf courses.  All of them need at least 2 sets up pins.  Seems to me when you shoot the course you should be able to do multiple pin sets without a lot more cost.  Having 2 sets of pins and a variety of tees can make it seem like a different course.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 10:52 AM

Thanks for getting back on topic

• paudieharrington
    83 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 11:22 AM

Really sorry about that everyone, I think i fell out of the bed the wrong way yesterday, It was totally my fault and will never happen again.

• MaSeVierBal
    157 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 11:08 PM

Of the existing courses, would love to see Full 18 Strokeplay on Wolf Creek & Harbour Town.

Would also love to see courses outside of the US/UK, saw some nice ones in Sweden and New Zealand posted on here.  Even something from SA would be nice! ;)

MSVB

RSS