Forums

Help › Forums

What Courses Do You Want?

Mon, Jun 11 2018 4:33 PM (151 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 10:26 AM

I`m already scared of it. Trying to play this with a haywire swing meter could traumatize you for the rest of your life. It is beautiful though.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 10:30 AM

Bootle Municipal. Played it once years ago.

Burnt out cars on the fairways, recreational activity in the bunkers, and balls that are lost before they've stopped rolling.

Now that would be a challenge!

Sean ;-)

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 10:45 AM

Icon said in another thread that we would get just 1 "tru golf" course this year. Sometime in the fall.

oh well:)

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 6:42 PM

SafariMan62:

Icon said in another thread that we would get just 1 "tru golf" course this year. Sometime in the fall.

oh well:)

According to the "Upcoming Updates" released by WGTalex, we are receiving another TruGolf course within the next couple of months. I will post thread here when I find it.

Here it is.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 7:35 PM

I know that many Americans don't care for links courses, but I will be very disappointed if we don't get this years rotation of St Lythems. Royal County Down is severely under appreciated. and is concidered one of the very finest course of that type out there. (IF you need a replacement)

1 real course, 1 cartoon course, and new pins are not enough for me to spend 30$ a month buying balls and equipment for.

In reality, we should have 4 pins for each course. We should have lie and stance influences on every shot. A better interface for fading and drawing the ball would be nice.

2-3 full new HD courses, and 1 cartoon or 2 per year.

• paudieharrington
    83 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 12:52 AM

Ihatecheats:

There is a reason that Northern Ireland has 3 Major winners in its golf population and that is it's sublime golf courses.

Very rarely are the courses mentioned on here but as someone who has had the pleasure of playing there I can say that their courses are second to none. I could say a long list of courses that would easily fit all criteria that make a perfect track for WGT but I will mention just one and that is Royal County Down.

A gift from God to golfers.

Thats the island of Ireland you speak of ?  There are as many beautiful courses in the south of this great country too, The K-club ,host of the 2010 ryder cup,Druids glen and Portmarnock to name but a few.And dont forget Paudie Harringtons three major victories in the last five years, So this Great island of Ireland has produced four players winning six majors between them in the last five years.

• DukemanII
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 2:46 PM

To bad you can't live up to the standards paudie...

• row2seat2
    1,441 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 7:36 PM

Just my vote

Shinnecock Hills

Firestone

TPC

Doral

Augusta ( of course)

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 6:20 AM

Blackwolf Run - river course (watch the women's us open there)

Royal Melbourne

Valderrama

and the top 2

Crans sur Sierre, Switzerland

Sperone, Corsica

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 6:52 AM

oilyrag:

Blackwolf Run - river course (watch the women's us open there)

Royal Melbourne

Valderrama

and the top 2

Crans sur Sierre, Switzerland

Sperone, Corsica

Just for the record the U.S Women's Open isn't on the river course, it's a cross between the 11-18 on the meadows and 1-4, 15-18 on the River.  I know what your saying, "King that's only 17 holes."  The first hole isn't part of either of the courses, Pete Dye designed it so when the open came you could get to the second hole (#11 meadows) without walking very far and would aviod complaints from the players.

-King

RSS