Forums

Help › Forums

Banning players

Fri, Mar 13 2020 2:34 AM (44 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 1:30 PM

To:  DylynJ,

Only used those persons named in my post because they are well known and easily recognized.   They have nothing to do with the matter at hand.  However the point I was trying to make (and was not understood) is that everyone should be allowed to continue their  time on this site without any abuse especially of a gender, race nature.

In the time of these named individuals lives the power and control being exacted by them over others was horrorific, and yet no one condoned it either,  my point.  My Nickle.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 1:34 PM

MFERGI:
    until WGT gives all players a chance to see this abuse 1st hand so we can judge it for ourselves, It is just (she said /he said) to the rest of us and that is a sad place to be for all of us.  

I can sympathize with your point, however I will have to respectfully disagree.

I personally don't want to be a part of a community where every policy offender is dragged through the streets tarred and feathered with a red letter on their chest.

We have a set of standards we ask our members to abide by and we value discretion when it comes to matters of disciplinary action.

We want to keep things a little... well... classier.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• pjctas0822
    4,556 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 2:09 PM

hyena64:

pjctas0822:

I was just offering a way to deal with it since WGT cant police everything all of the time.

If that were all you did, it would be fine, but as my opinion stated, you seemed to be making light of the issue in general, which, again in my opinion, is uncalled for altogether. That is the only reason anything leaning towards negative was said in your direction at all.  If you're offended, take your own advice: sticks & stones...

Maybe your right we are not all adults ..... Good Day

• pjctas0822
    4,556 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 2:11 PM

lee22sharon:

To:  pjctas0822

To not condone someone eles's behavior is a very big differance from DOING something about it.  Remember Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, et. al.  My Nickle.

Its up to the peron who was violated. I was just making light so they dont take things from morons or trolls that is not important....

Dont read between the lines because they are blank.

I said I didnt condone their behavior . If it was misread My Apologies.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 6:42 PM

hyena64:

Some men are just pigs,

oink oink !!!

if any female get harassed, or verbally abused during a game or posts on their wall. Just take a screenshot and report it to members@wgt.com

i like a laugh and a joke same as everyone else, however the line should not be crossed.

tbe

• pjctas0822
    4,556 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 11:36 PM

hyena64:

DylynJ:
    Certain things can only bother you if YOU allow them to.

DylynJ:
    You can't call the cops or scream foul every time you get offended.

You are exactly correct, & while everyone's "skin" has different thicknesses, what OP was describing goes beyond the pale. Insults are one thing, but ongoing sexual harassment & death threats are another thing altogether, even illegal. Obviously & thankfully, these "people" can simply be disconnected.   So, while it's true you cant call the cops every time you get offended, you can when the law is broken & you are the recipient of said offences.

Do you call 911 in that case?

Dispatcher would probably laugh me off the phone lol.

The laws are very precise when it comes to internet bullying . Unfortunately this is not the case here.

• Spiders1
    358 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 1:40 AM

SweetiePie91:

Hi,

I just wonder what you do with players who abuses you verbally.

I have sent in multiple screenshots for many players who have been really disgusting for no reason at all. Just because I'm a girl they think I wanna have "sex" with them or talk dirty or something like that.

Well I havent gotten ONE message from WGT that they have banned a person for that. Sometimes I wonder what it takes for a person to get banned as I have gotten murder threats etc because I didnt wanna talk dirty to some guys.

At least you could add some kind of mute function so these people cant chat during game but still play if you think banning is too harsh (even though I think they deserves to be at least banned if not notified to the police).

Maybe you have different opinion WGT, so please let us hear what you have to say.

Sincerely, SP

They do ban offenders of abuse to other players but i think you need to send them a direct email. Not sure how much they read posts. My wife plays on here also and we only play with select group just for that reason. Sorry you have to endure that sort of thing.

RSS