Re: Forfeiture and quitting the game

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 27 2021 1:28 PM (25 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    1,894 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2021 7:21 AM

Dynofine:

Now that’s a helluva an answer

Might want to learn how to use the quote function, Chief.

• pdb1
    22,243 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2021 8:12 AM

Here is a fine example of good sports playing a good long Alt Shot round .

The chat was good . So around the 7th hole we didn't really want it to end so soon .

We GREEN were up by 3 .

My P took the initiative to  CC GOLD's long putts on the next couple of holes . GOLD winning those holes .

Gold caught up and tied us on the 9th .

10th , 11th , & 12th . Extra holes . GOLD finally won on 12 .

Surprised . But happy to have played such a good long round .

• YouLostToALoser
    135 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2021 11:39 AM

I knew you were a good guy, that’s why I offered my Directorship to join our growing Club. To join, however, you don’t have to take the Directorship, it was just a ‘sweetener’ as I recognised your talent in the stats, but your wisdom and fair mindedness (as proven here) as well as knowledge that will help our relatively inexperienced club.

Our most knowledgeable are both still Legends at L106 and L98, then I guess myself, as we are the ones who use our club forum the most, so there maybe others, but they haven’t shared it so far.

The players are (now nobody get any ideas!) TomMorris49 & AlBundyHomer. Great players, even better teammates. There’s others, but they’re from low 60’s to mid 80’s so will be a while before they can compete at the top, due to,equipment. 

As to equip,ent, I’m just trying to get to L97 to get the Final clubs then I’ll break out the TM48’s and Callaway 33’s à certain AnaNikolaj gifted me.

All these people have made me rethink the top players as my fist 5-10 encounters with Legends+ as a TourPro/Master was disopointing, to,say the least. All aggressive, arrogant, not pleasant, except one...and he’s not in my friends list, so can’t compliment him, unfortunately.

I know I’ve gone way off topic, but how do you attract the better players? We are L13, but have some players with long Daily xp’s So we’re motoring through quite quickly. L17 by end of year, but then the curve steepens quite dramatically.

Our Owner is constantly recruiting, but 50% just end up playing for a 3-4 months then losing interest. We’ve lost a few good men, Bunker Busters being the main culprit, taken 3-4 Legends.

What to do?

Ps, way to go pdp, you’re what gives me the motivation to keep motoring on so I can at least have a chance against your level ASAP.

I started Oct 5th 2020 and not missed a day. Can’t wait to play you, but pointless until I at least get my Driver at L96 beforeend of August according to my math, which has been very accurate up to now.

• pdb1
    22,243 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2021 1:23 PM

YouLostToALoser:
    that’s why I offered my Directorship to join our growing Club. To join, however, you don’t have to take the Directorship, it was just a ‘sweetener’

Like I told you . I am very flattered by your offers and observations . But am not ready to join and participate with a group at this time .

YouLostToALoser:
    Our most knowledgeable are both still Legends at L106 and L98, then I guess myself, as we are the ones who use our club forum the most, so there maybe others, but they haven’t shared it so far.

YouLostToALoser:
    All these people have made me rethink the top players as my fist 5-10 encounters with Legends+ as a TourPro/Master was disopointing, to,say the least. All aggressive, arrogant, not pleasant, except one...and he’s not in my friends list, so can’t compliment him, unfortunately.

Looking at your 136 member CC . 12 Legends . And is your highest tier .

Which means to me . That you are already in the ripest atmosphere imaginable . My advice to you is to first try to develop playing relationships with every player in the CC . One way or another .

Starting with the Legends . Create tiered fun but competitive tournaments in your CC .

For all the tiers to play in . Hacks & Amateurs . Pro's and Tour Pro's , Masters T M's and Legend's . For example .

Before you grow any larger . Stop and really evaluate what you have . Because what you have . Could be the makings of a future power house .

If you find that you cannot get their interest . No matter what .

Then it might be time to find a CC with more members that share your directions , hopes and goals .

There is no better place . There is no better way . Than in a CC . With a team like spirit .

Every CC mate friending every other CC mate . Receptive to and respectful to each one as though you are brothers and sisters .

That is how groups move mountains . WGT CC's are an opportunity to do just that .

At the same time as you are honing your own skills . You can also contribute to the GR8er good .

This all may sound like a pipe dream to many . But that is how I approach a CC and those were some of the same goals I/we aspired to .

There were times . Flashes in the pan . Where we felt like we had accomplished close to the ultimate group . It is worth it just for the experience of a team working together like a well oiled machine .

You may not like or agree to any of this . But that is how I would do it .

Develop a Team Environment .

Encourage the other tiers to challenge themselves and move up in tiers .

See if you can make any headway with that . Post in the CC forum . Post on their walls

YouLostToALoser:

I know I’ve gone way off topic, but how do you attract the better players? We are L13, but have some players with long Daily xp’s So we’re motoring through quite quickly. L17 by end of year, but then the curve steepens quite dramatically.

Our Owner is constantly recruiting, but 50% just end up playing for a 3-4 months then losing interest. We’ve lost a few good men, Bunker Busters being the main culprit, taken 3-4 Legends.

Players went to Bunker Busters for whatever reasons . It is water under the bridge .

Work with what you have already . Create the ultimate group of say 50 bad ass  Legends . From what you already have .

That is my advice .

You all will have to leave your egos at home . Just bring your sporting and informative and competitive self . To pump up your team . Together .

EDIT : Let me just say . That the above is only a small part of what could be a goal for a CC . And must stress that there are as many agendas as there are CC's .Last I heard was over 60,000 CC's .

A fantastic variety . People join CC's for so so many different reasons . And they are all right .

• pdb1
    22,243 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2021 3:49 PM

YouLostToALoser:
    Can’t wait to play you, but pointless until I at least get my Driver at L96 beforeend of August according to my math, which has been very accurate up to now.

Will be happy to play you anytime we can get a match in . This is an online virtual golf game . Most of us play against players with every different level of equipment every day . From starter clubs to over level 100 .

Today I beat a Legend and lost to 2 different Tour Pro's .One just never knows .

• pdb1
    22,243 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2021 1:28 PM

Dynofine:

Why do so many quit the game after one bad shot or forfeit on third hole when know they’re going to lose. I have this happen to me more than not and it’s frustrating and leaves bad taste in mouth. Most of the players doing this are the higher tier and low average players. So I’m guessing this helps your average some how, if so it needs to be fixed. My Dad and the service taught me to never quit, it’s bad and shouldn’t be rewarded. If indeed it’s rewarded should be changed now, a champion who forfeits and quits all the time? Nuts!

Mythanatos:
    how about instead of overdoing the competition you go with sportsmanship. accept the win and move on 

pdb1:

Forfeiting is legal and allowed and polite . Forfeiting from the FORFEIT prompt on the menu . Ends the match without connection disruptions .

Forfeiting by just logging out is just plain rude and unsportsmanlike . But not punishable .

" Conceding the putt " is legal and polite .

Clarifyer : I despise the act of " QUITTING ".

pdb1:

My P took the initiative to  CC GOLD's long putts on the next couple of holes . GOLD winning those holes .

Gold caught up and tied us on the 9th .

10th , 11th , & 12th . Extra holes . GOLD finally won on 12 .

Hellbent60:

It's not the forfeiture or quitting of the game that bothers me. Hell I would like everyone that I play to forfeit the game after their first shot. What bothers me more is when the opponent is going to loose and then they start hitting a driver off the green or putting in the wrong direction. Maybe they do this hoping that you will quit thus giving them the game win.

LMAO .

pdb1:
    Even though a round may have no stats or scores . It is still a game . For most of us . We get experience . Especially if your having a bad round . Practice hitting out of the fescue . What better time to do it . Even if you are 4 over . Plus some good chat . And just plain fun .

Dynofine:

Now that’s a helluva an answer

Lol .

There are some good answers in this thread for sure .

But this is serious . Do you want to know how serious ?

Okay . Let me show you .

Click Here .

EDIT : If you are like me . We would want to do everything we could possibly do to prevent that .

IMSO . That would only go wrong . I have a lot of thoughts about why .

RSS