Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Full Round Foursome Impossible!?

Sat, Feb 12 2011 12:29 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:46 PM

I spilled coffee on mine...LOL!!  Had to get a new one.

• OWN3R
    58 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:12 PM

LizzieRossetti:

$100 keyboard?

Jeez.

Yeah, Logitech G510's are nice keyboards too. I'm an idiot as I have a short fuse, you could ask my mate's about the 2 Vokey wedges, one Adams driver, and one El Diablo driver that suffered their fate on the course last year, haha.

Thanks for the feedback all, it's good to hear I'm not alone and I also appreciate the guidance tips and will use them! This foursome frustration is killing me and it's my primary goal to get this done at least once :) Tonight's try #29!

Hit 'em Long and Straight!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:45 PM

VanHalenLover:

Icon,

WGTicon:
    2. many systems have trouble running the game for that long without a restart. this especially an issue for laptops.

What causes the need for the restart, memory leakage, flash cache build-up, or something else?

Nothing of that as far as I know. Just, laptops are inherently slower than desktops, so they have less memory, lesser cpu, etc. So, as you have browser open a long time and play many rounds, the data cached in memory. So, you may start with 400megs at start and endup at 900 at the end of 3 hours.

Obviously it's just an example and there are plenty of higher end laptops.

• nomadtx
    102 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 12:29 AM

I too have had trouble finnishing an 18 hole foursome , with all 4 people anyways.  

If I see all of us "loading" at the same time for more than 20 seconds, I close my game browser and hit Play Now on home page browser and re-enter game. Other player may have to do the same to re-enter.

This works most of the time for me, sometimes -1 player.

At least some of us can finnish the round :)

It seems to happen when one player has a connectivity problem (or quits) at the "wrong" time to lock up the game.

• PAGES
RSS