Forums

Help › Forums

Re: what is wrong with my clubs/balls?

Tue, Feb 8 2011 11:25 AM (38 replies)
  • SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 12:53 PM

darrenpaulLMB:
    my irons and wedges are hitting 20 yards less than they should do, it is nothing to do with the ball roll.

Please, just try clearing out your flash cache, I know it sounds strange but sometimes the data gets really corrupted and has a strange outcome on the game.

• darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 12:56 PM

I have tried everything and I am still getting the same problem :-(

has anyone else got any ideas?

• darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 12:57 PM

I have cleared out my flash cache and my browsing history, still nothing.

thanks for your help though :-)

• bifferskipper
    76 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 5:10 PM

darrenpaulLMB:

I have cleared out my flash cache and my browsing history, still nothing.

thanks for your help though :-)

i have had few very few problems with distance and meters till this last update. I tried everything, finally after un-installing and re-installing flash i was about to give up,,then i got an idea..i defraged my computer and go figure 97% of my problems were solved for me...just an idea...gl with your prob bro

• darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 7:18 PM

would it make any difference that I am now playing this game on a different laptop?

I was playing the game on my own laptop which I keep up to date, I am always deleting things that I don't need or use and defragmenting it. currently I am waiting for a new battery so I am now playing the game on my sisters laptop, needless to say she is useless when it comes to looking after a computer.

deleting her browsing history, temporary internet files and cookies took ages, so did installing updates and defragmenting. doing things like this I am reminded why I look after my own laptop so much. over 12 months she has had this laptop and has never updated it once, women eh?

anyway, thanks to everyone for all your help, I really appreciate it :-)

• bifferskipper
    76 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 9:12 AM

darrenpaulLMB:

would it make any difference that I am now playing this game on a different laptop?

uh yeah..and for all the reasons you just mentioned...the game will clog and bog...gl

• darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:59 AM

I'm still having a few problems with my irons not quite hitting as far as they should, even after clearing my flash cache, clearing my tempory files, cookies and deleting my browsing history, and updating my sisters laptop and defragging it.

could this have anything to do with the fact that I recently advanced to tour pro and because of this the game is now harder?

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 10:16 AM

Nope, your tier doesn't affect the distance your clubs can hit. 

I'd suggest playing a round with someone with more experience...when they tell you what shot to hit, do exactly what they say, and they can tell you if they think the ball acted in the right way ... in other words, it may just be your perception of the distance being slightly out. Plus the course layout and so on...

I'd offer my help, I'm not exactly massively experienced but I'm fairly good at judging the distances at least. 

If you'd like to take me up, send me a friend request, and invite me to a game any time you see me online

Rob

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 11:25 AM

Oe more thing to try...I recall someone mentioning when they ran out of good balls and defaulted to the unlimited balls, there was NO difference at all....this has me thinking...

Reselect all your clubs to starter clubs and unlimited balls...play 9 holes (yes it will be brutal), then switch and save to your upgraged equipment and see if that helps/changes anything.

RSS