Help › Forums

Re: Reputation

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:30 AM (40 replies)
  • murducas
    65 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:30 AM

The Murducas Reputation System 

May i first say i am a player who tries to complete all ranked rounds in multiplayer that i take part in.

But i am not that annoyed by quitters, i understand there are numerous reasons for quitting and though most quits are clearly frustrated disconnects, i am cool with this.

I understand WGT can not witness every game and give Reputation or lower it, by judging if it was a freeze or a computer fault etc. (Though i did hear of a site called tru- gamer can identify between quits and disconnects)

However i do think they should introduce a Reputation, but do it like this ;
    (Multiplayer Only)

After surveying a few players in multiplayer games most are annoyed by early quits (1st -3rd holes) and less so by people who quit on last holes, so as not to effect average

Say all players start with 100 Reputation points and you can never get higher than this amount (100 being the most respected, least likely to quit)

Example for 9 holes

For leaving on Hole 1   -10 (Reputation points)  

H2  -8  /  H3  -7  / H4   -6   / H5   -5 / H6   -4  / H7  -3 /  H8 -2  /  H9 -1

IF you finish a round you should be awarded +5 reputation points (9holes)  whatever your score, but if you are already 100 points, you score will just not be altered 

Obviously some people who face legitimate quits will complain but over time this should even out and you should be left with a fair average of your multiplayer game Reputation.

It also means players who go further will not lose many reputation points and can easily get them back my completing just 1 round (+5)   This will also limit the players who always quit on 9th so as not to effect average, by forcing them to complete a few, to keep there reputation at a decent level.

This is only for Multilayer, but i think this system is easily applicable and fair

RSS