Sun, Jan 5 2020 8:03 PM (127 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 8:00 AM

AlaskanDame:
    but in the responses he got on page 5 of this thread

I stand corrected.

Thank you AD

But why was I singled out when there were others that I was simply agreeing with?

Don

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 8:39 AM

The same person was asking for TM81’s on day one or two I think?, then changed his mind and wanted the Bridgestones to ‘try out’. 
    I posted then that he was a member of a clash participating CC and he wouldn’t get anything from me.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 9:53 AM

TopShelf2010:
      But why was I singled out when there were others that I was simply agreeing with?

Don

I was wondering the same thing. 

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 10:00 AM

andwhy67:
    The same person was asking for TM81’s on day one or two I think?, then changed his mind and wanted the Bridgestones to ‘try out’. 

And that goes to the heart of what I consider one of the core principles of any of the Christmas threads. Generally, I don't give gifts for players to "try out." The point is to give players gifts that will be helpful and useful in their day-to-day playing. 

In other words, when I give a sleeve or two of balls, I first check to see what ball they seem to be consistently playing and then gift them the same. It just doesn't make sense to be playing (for example) a Callaway Level 33 ball and then ask for Titleist Level 94 ball. 

For any ball, there's a learning curve. It can take a full sleeve to learn the ball. And if it's a much higher ball than they're used to purchasing, they probably won't buy additional sleeves. Moreover, I think some players think the higher-level balls have some sort of magical powers that will somehow automatically give them lower scores. They don't, and they won't. 

But maybe all of the above is just me and how I view the whole thing. 

Merry Christmas to all!

• AlaskanDame
    19,010 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 10:10 AM

Robert1893:

TopShelf2010:

Don

I was wondering the same thing. 

He does mention “you all.”  

=======

I am not saying i have to be gifted. I dont expect also.

If I am not gifted its fine .

But the way you all came about with your words you all seem some hatred 

=====================

But I have no clue why only one wall.  Thought he might know you.  But, maybe he just decided not to spread the post as much as initially intended.

Cheers.  He’s just one.  Y’ALL made many people happy with your gifts.

• stevedavies500
    1,875 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 9:46 AM

Thanks you so much to all those involved with this event and the generosity from everyone

Wishing you all agreat New Year

Steve

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 6:00 PM

Dear Santa .

Hi my name is OPY .  My Christmas wish for this year would be for a set of irons from days gone ,  You might have a old set of the raptures  from say 5 or so years ago . Even if they are used would not matter 

Thank you Santa .

And Thank you fore all the other Santa,s  , .

OPY 

• AlaskanDame
    19,010 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 7:17 PM

opyeuclid:
    raptures  from say 5 or so years ago .
    . . . and Satin wedges. . . 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 5:56 AM

AlaskanDame:
    . . and Satin wedges

oh yes, I stopped playing a couple of years ago, sold almost everything, I had the satin wedges from way back, and with the little ‘glitch’ earlier this year people were able to buy discontinued clubs etc.

I found someone who had all three of the ones I had, when I tried to purchase, it said “owned” and was unable to.

How about the R11’s great irons, oh I did manage to sneak an R11’s driver.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2019 8:03 AM

Hello Opy.  I did take part in the 12 Days of Christmas like you asked.  Can we be friends now?  Henry.

RSS