Forums

Help › Forums

The 12 days of Christmas day 12

Sun, Jan 5 2020 8:03 PM (127 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    19,006 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 9:14 AM

callaghan159:
    I just would like to see people keep their promise when they make one and show up on time to do so
    Yes, sure would help. The whole irons fiasco on Day 11 (Dec 22/23) would have never happened if the irons had been given on Dec, 19/20 instead.  I would not have carried the Tour Pros name forward as “unfilled.”

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 9:28 AM

callaghan159:

ct690911:
    even discuss the likes of Henry with any seriousness

Not really discussing Henry. I just would like to see people keep their promise when they make one and show up on time to do so. He is a embarrassment to himself for all he has said in the forums, truth or lies. If I was him I would stay out of the forums for good because no one believes a word he says now. Just digs himself a deeper hole.

Hmmm, that gives me an idea for a product suggestion...

I wonder if there was a way for the WGT Development team to create an option for players to BLOCK another player's post? For example, players can block other players from inviting them to games and such, I wonder if there was a way we could block (prevent us from reading) specified player's posts?

It sure would be nice if we did not have to read posts from players we know in our hearts that we are only going to get upset by doing so.

#avoidthetrolls

Don

EDIT: It appears there is an option on the Filter list to block anonymous and non-anonymous users. Perhaps a field could be created to be more specific by adding a player's name?

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 3:11 PM

Dec 18th Day 7 page 2      4th post down 

This guy was gifted 2 sets of Irons by mistake on Day 11 , I sent him a set of Ping i500 and Callahan159  sent him a set of Ben Hogan's .

Callahan159 has sent numerous requests for a refund and I also sent CS several requests ,  They tell us that they can not remove the Irons and give a refund unless the guy says it's ok .  He has not contacted CS to give the ok to remove the Irons and give a refund to Callahan159 , Despite the numerous messages and wall posts .  

My thinking is he sold the irons and doesn't want to admit it .  WGT wont say if he sold them or not ,  Callahan159 sent many gifts and spent a lot of money because he is a nice and generous man ,  He doesn't deserve to be ripped off .  

Things like this give the 12 days of Xmas a bad reputation and WGT should step up and refund the credits to callahan159 no matter what .  Do the right thing !  For heaven sakes . They know what happened , They can check his account history and his inventory .  But they chose to do nothing .  Said it's up to him to decide , and if he does not contact us and authorize the removal then we cant do anything ,   Well aint that a bunch of crap .

I think WGT made a lot of money during the 12 days of Xmas , What's 2500 credits to them ?  The Gift Of Golf Foundation has also sent out a lot of gifts the past couple of years , Perhaps they should consider the things that we the community do for them . 

Yea I am a little upset and disappointed in their lack of concern .  I always support WGT and always have , For the most part they do the right thing , I defend them when it's necessary . Sometimes they miss the boat . This is one of those times .

I'm sorry Callahan159 ( Brian )   You got short changed and it's not right .  I offered to give you the 2500 credits and you refused , That's the kind of guy you are .  You always offer help to others be it in the Xmas event of the Gift Of Golf Foundation .  You sir are a class act !   

And BTW  I did not receive a thank you for the irons , Public or private ..  Wow

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 4:26 PM

CEverett12:
    Yea I am a little upset and disappointed in their lack of concern

So very disappointed to hear this as well.

I would like to say that I find it difficult to believe someone from FAPC would do such a thing. AD runs a great club. Not to mention all of the hard work she contributes to the Forums.

Don

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 5:19 PM

TopShelf2010:

CEverett12:

I would like to say that I find it difficult to believe someone from FAPC would do such a thing. AD runs a great club. Not to mention all of the hard work she contributes to the Forums.

Don

Yes AD did a great job ,  The person in question just joined her club on 12-21 

• AlaskanDame
    19,006 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 5:34 PM

CEverett12:

TopShelf2010:

CEverett12:

Don

Yes AD did a great job ,  The person in question just joined her club on 12-21 

Thanks, guys.  Yes, rorinater joined FAPC during DOC, AFTER he had posted his DOC request and AFTER I had asked the guy with 6000 friends to take care of him if he could.   Time flew by, no response from 6000-friends guy, so then the TP’s name was pulled forward for Day 11, and that’s when wires got crossed.

I sent TP several messages about the double irons thing.  No response, but it was the holidays, right?   I finally found him online yesterday (or maybe Weds.) and played a round with him.  He said he’d already contacted Brian and he would “contact CS and see what was going on.”  I said, “Don’t ask them what’s going on.  You know what’s going on.  You got two sets of irons, just tell CS to take the Ben Hogan’s back.”

He said he’s a man of his word and he will get to it.  I don’t know what else I can do. . . I can’t look in his bag and see if they are there.  I have no way of knowing if WGT even sent them in the first place and just took Brian’s credits.  I don’t know if both Brian and the recipient are getting the CS run around or what.  Maybe a different CS person deals with each email that comes and has no clue what’s happened prior (though a case # is supposed to help that not happen).

I feel really badly about this.

Edit:  I even named a club tournament “rorinater please check your messages” so he finally looked there.  TP’s can be so clueless. . ..

• AlaskanDame
    19,006 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 6:03 PM

The Twelve Days of Christmas Confusion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=gtXq5Y0CMkE

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 6:27 PM

Ok AD , If I jumped the gun and Callaghan gets a refund I will apologize for my comments ,  This has been going on for 12 or 13 days now .   It's getting old .  I hope I am wrong though . Lets see what happens . 

• callaghan159
    6,229 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 1:26 AM

CEverett12:

Callahan159 has sent numerous requests for a refund and I also sent CS several requests ,  They tell us that they can not remove the Irons and give a refund unless the guy says it's ok .  He has not contacted CS to give the ok to remove the Irons and give a refund to Callahan159 , Despite the numerous messages and wall posts .  

My thinking is he sold the irons and doesn't want to admit it .  WGT wont say if he sold them or not

I sent this person a message asking if he has sold the irons and he has not answered so I can only guess he has sold them. That's fine he can keep the irons or the credits which ever he has. I am tired of being taken advantage of my generosity and I will no longer participate in the 12 DOC or the Christmas in July. I promised Casey some credits for January's GOGF give away but his will be my last time participating in this also. This person that has taken advantage of a simple error and  should be ashamed of himself. He has caused others in the future not to be helped by me. I would call him a thief as he knows he was gifted 2 sets of irons, 1 by error. As far as WGT goes, saying they have to have his permission to remove the irons from his invetory, that is not true. I have asked for other errors in gifting to be reversed with none of this BS. This site has more security BS than the Whitehouse in Washington has.

I just want to thank Casey and AKD for their support in trying to get this issue resolved but hope is futile I guess. Lets forget this and move on. Life is to short to fight for some credits and the truth from dishonest people. 

Happy New Year everyone.

Edit---I see WGT can post in our activity when we remove some crap balls from our inventory so I would like to see them post in our activity when someone sells something that way we can have proof when one will not admit to selling something.

• Leggoman13
    8,269 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 7:28 PM

CEverett12:

Ok AD , If I jumped the gun and Callaghan gets a refund I will apologize for my comments ,  This has been going on for 12 or 13 days now .   It's getting old .  I hope I am wrong though . Lets see what happens . 

Apologize for what reasons.

Brian and Callaghan159 - you guys did every thing accordingly, you contacted WGT and Rorinater.

Seems to me the ones prolonging the agony is WGT and Rorinater by not fixing the problem afer it has been reported.

RORINATER AND WGT PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING. YOU ARE JEOPARDIZING FUTURE EVENTS AND THE GREAT GENEROSITY AND KINDNESS FROM THE DONORS.

AS FOR ME, I WILL STOP BUYING OF GIFTING TIL THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED.

Pierre :o(

RSS