Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,998 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 11:26 AM

I don’t know why the obvious bot clickers required this change affecting everyone.  WGT had other enforcement options.

And advertisers have other options, too.  Just make more (or all) ads interactive.’ (Find the 10 teapots,  Choose options to save the toons.  Pop balloons.  Or whatever)

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 11:32 AM

WGTChampion:
    We absolutely do not make money per click/view

Unity Ads generates revenue by displaying paid advertisements in your game. The more traffic and impressions) your game creates, the more money you can earn.

Unity Ads facilitates different campaign types with different billing points (for example, completed views, clicks, or installs), and always selects the highest-earning campaign to display to your users.

The average eCPM for Unity Ads depends on many factors, such as platform, region, player demographics, and in-game placements. The biggest factor is the number of players engaging in your game. 

WGTChampion:
    The number of credits a player makes outweighs the money that we make from the videos they watch

If that's the case, there would be no videos at all Champ. No company intentionally loses money/revenue. You used credits (player) vs money (WGT).

"The money (USD) a player makes does not outweigh the money (USD) that we make from the videos they watch" makes more sense.

I'm not directing this at you Champ. I know you're just being the messenger here and posting what you're told. So, please don't take it the wrong way.

Comparing credits to dollars isn't a fair way to put it. Consider the Amazon or iTunes Cards 165,000 credits gets a $250.00 card. Put another way, $1,650.00 (USD) buys a $250.00 (USD) gift card. 

Good Article on Unity Ads from VentureBeat

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 11:33 AM

AlaskanDame:

I don’t know why the obvious bot clickers required this change affecting everyone.  WGT had other enforcement options.

And advertisers have other options, too.  Just make more (or all) ads interactive.’ (Find the 10 teapots,  Choose options to save the toons.  Pop balloons.  Or whatever)

because it was the easiest, and took the least amount of work, for wgt .   Punish one, Punish them all, that way they were sure to get the guilty party. 

• harpski1
    107 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 12:23 PM

harpski1:

Basically the mining of credits was forced upon cc's wanting to compete in the clash. The format for that competition is fundamentaly flawed, the only way to compete is to fund thousands and thousands of cc passes. Ain't no-one paying for that from thier own pocket. 

You built a competition that was not skill based but win by numbers. So to get the numbers people have to come up with inventive ways to get those numbers. 

You still insist on rolling it out fortnightly with no change to the format. Ridiculous low value prizes for the effort and credits used. 

You created a monster that eventually has proven to eat itself. 

You need to pay attention to what the community is asking for and listen more. Get someone on the Facebook page too to answer questions. Your missing valuable customer input there.

The mining of credits was a reaction to your stupid competition set up. Simple. 

I'm quoting myself here because I firmly believe this is the be all and end all of why people farmed credits in the first place. 

That and the elite section of the pro shop.. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 12:59 PM

harpski1:

harpski1:

Basically the mining of credits was forced upon cc's wanting to compete in the clash. The format for that competition is fundamentaly flawed, the only way to compete is to fund thousands and thousands of cc passes. Ain't no-one paying for that from thier own pocket. 

You built a competition that was not skill based but win by numbers. So to get the numbers people have to come up with inventive ways to get those numbers. 

You still insist on rolling it out fortnightly with no change to the format. Ridiculous low value prizes for the effort and credits used. 

You need to pay attention to what the community is asking for and listen more. Get someone on the Facebook page too to answer questions. Your missing valuable customer input there.

I'm quoting myself here because I firmly believe this is the be all and end all of why people farmed credits in the first place. 

Since it's inception, there have been hundreds ( if not thousands) of posts made stating the Clashes to be a useless, mindless, money grab adventure. But did anyone listen...

NO THEY DID NOT.

Don

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 1:06 PM

I just finished an afternoon session with the credit videos on Stax.

The good news:

Not nearly the times needed to restart the app to continue views.

The bad news:

Stopped paying after 44 credits. 

In other news:

Just last night, I sent out 1000 Cr worth of balls to a member of my CC. He lives in a country where the credit videos are few if non-existent. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 2:44 PM

TopShelf2010:

harpski1:

harpski1:

Since it's inception, there have been hundreds ( if not thousands) of posts made stating the Clashes to be a useless, mindless, money grab adventure. But did anyone listen...

NO THEY DID NOT.

Don

Clashes and Turf Wars are history now. Nobody is going to want to play them. No Videos, so no Balls or passes.

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 2:45 PM

Same for me, maybe I am not getting the right reset time I really don,t know. Anyone please give me the reset time for UK players...

• harpski1
    107 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 2:51 PM

which reinforces my original point don :)

• harpski1
    107 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 2:53 PM

TopShelf2010:

harpski1:

harpski1:

NO THEY DID NOT.

Don

yeah, and now look where we are...

RSS