Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 9:53 PM

I'm just sitting back waiting for whatever backlash comes along.  during this  turf war,  see if wgt notices that there were just a couple passes bought, vs what we used to buy.   Since they can track everything we do,  let them talk about that, in their next meeting.   lol.   And if they don't care, neither do we,   lol

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 10:52 PM

nerve60:
    The knee-jerk reaction to this will be a LOSS of revenue for WGT. TW and Clashes will see a massive decline because the passes will simply not be there with a 150/day video credit limit. Every pass bought during these events went directly into the WGT bank account. They were not free. 

Sorry, but passes "bought" with free credits brought zero income to WGT.  Revenue to WGT occurs when money is actually spent by a player or an advertiser, not when credits are exchanged for a pass, ball, club, or accessory.

I am sure play in clashes will decline and the only loss in revenue to WGT may come from balls not hit as much.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 11:53 PM

Are you assuming that all passes, we're bought by "free credits " ?   Can I assure you that they werent.  Therefore if they lose even 20, they have lost revenue, along with the ball sales.  A turf war every other day, is 3 to 4 times a week, it adds up.  Bottom line is, yes they are losing money.  

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 12:33 AM

MarchieB:

I guess everyone’s ok with the new free credit video “limit” tonight ... no comments in almost 7hrs! Any reason why? 😉 🤣

😀

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 4:49 AM

DoctorLarry:

Sorry, but passes "bought" with free credits brought zero income to WGT.

Dr.L, but the credits aren’t “really” FREE. The passes bought with credits obtained by watching advertisers videos did generate income for WGT as the “video for credit” system is a form of revenue. 

• Player watches video 
    • Advertiser pays WGT $$ for each video watched  
    • WGT gives player 2 Credits

Now whether the “video for credit” system is as lucrative as WGT just collecting $$ directly from player in exchange for Credits I cannot say.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 4:56 AM

The move to limit players earned credits through viewing videos to 150 per 24 hours makes no sense. As long as you're actually viewing on a device, tapping the buttons, you're not violating any clause or terms of use. You are generating a unique view and the advertiser is paid. 

I'm not sure about the US, but here in Canada as an company paying WGT/TG under a contractual agreement, that unless that contract specifically spelled out terms whereby WGT/TG have the right to limit the amount of revenue earned by whatever means the choose to employ? Then what is going now is a no lose material breach. 

Essentially WGT/TG are now limiting every company they have a contract with to a maximum click thru rate per 24 hour cycle. I'm gonna guess no one was notified of that. 

What is going on, is the lazy way of dealing with the issue. It's not going to workout well, lots of people are simply going to stop playing, and why wouldn't they? The price to play the game enjoyably is far outside of being able to earn 150 each day. You can play the game for free, you can't play the game for nothing, simply not possible, certainly not now. 

WGT had a very easy way to send a message. Take anyone's account with more than 100K cr with no event wins to justify and simply remove the credits and ban the player from any video earnings.  Very easy to do. 

Problem is, in the past when WGT came out with seemingly ridiculous cash grabs there was always the uproar and threats of exodus - no one left, maybe a few, but not really. So they know, people here will simply suck it up and pony up cash to keep playing.

WGT knows its addict player base well. ;-) 

*what's with the hate for sasha grey, really? 

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 5:21 AM

MarchieB:

DoctorLarry:

Sorry, but passes "bought" with free credits brought zero income to WGT.

Dr.L, but the credits aren’t “really” FREE. The passes bought with credits obtained by watching advertisers videos did generate income for WGT as the “video for credit” system is a form of revenue.

• Player watches video 
    • Advertiser pays WGT $ for each video watched  
    • WGT gives player 2 Credits

Now whether the “video for credit” system is as lucrative as WGT just collecting $ directly from player in exchange for Credits I cannot say.

I really don't understand how this is so hard for some here to understand... Simple economics... If anyone here thinks WGT is just going to give you Free Credits and get nothing in return, ......

• ssaunderss
    469 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 6:30 AM

Simple advertisers are getting smart the matris are changing from clicks and views to engagement.  And contracts are running out and changing so vendors have to change as well.

• GoldenAlbatross3
    3 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 6:45 AM

The abuse has ruined the game. Some now have hundreds of thousands of credits. Enableing them to play endless wars and clash matches with the best equipment and balls. Tiering up without earning it. My suggestion is WIPE OUT AND TAKE ALL THEIR CREDITS AWAY! Make it fair to those of us who didn't cheat!!!!!!!!!!!

• ssaunderss
    469 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 6:52 AM

What are the limits and when is the reset is any explanation or further information being disseminated. 

Respecfully

D. Saunders 

RSS