Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • ampass
    260 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 7:34 AM

I am fine with 150 credits if they would work, i get maybe 20 then nada.  I reset and still nada. They can leave it at 150 but reduce the prices for balls and gear. Be fair to both parties. They decide how much they give for videos not the advertiser that's why they changed from 5 to 2,

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 8:11 AM

A couple things

-We absolutely do not make money per click/view

-We make money on far fewer than the number of videos we provide

-The number of credits a player makes outweighs the money that we make from the videos they watch

We're reading all your feedback and assessing further. 

Thanks

_CHAMPION

EDIT: One more thing to add

- The elite collection existed long before uncapped videos for credits on mobile. 

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 8:22 AM

WGTChampion:

A couple things

-The number of credits a player makes outweighs the money that we make from the videos they watch

Thanks

_CHAMPION

- The elite collection existed long before uncapped videos for credits on mobile. 

Thanks Champ, Seems that if video's are a viable option for credits then there is a balancing point somewhere that needs to be discovered and established.

• tedwin32
    45 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 8:32 AM

We just want to know who the ACTUAL Whistleblower is!!!!  

Facts

WGT limited our videos abruptly with no prior announcement.

WGT charges insane amounts of money for everything.

WGT elite page encourages us to watch videos and buy their overpriced "product".

WGT accuses the entire WGT community of fraud because WGT makes the rules.

WGT will lose players interests going down this path. TW, Clash, Expensive Balls ECT...

The Whistleblower is.........whoever disagrees with this post :).  

Thanks Mr. Schiff!!!!

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 9:14 AM

Luckystar5:

Are you assuming that all passes, we're bought by "free credits " ?   Can I assure you that they werent.  Therefore if they lose even 20, they have lost revenue, along with the ball sales.  A turf war every other day, is 3 to 4 times a week, it adds up.  Bottom line is, yes they are losing money.  

I assumed only that the post I was replying to meant what it said:

nerve60:
    The knee-jerk reaction to this will be a LOSS of revenue for WGT. TW and Clashes will see a massive decline because the passes will simply not be there with a 150/day video credit limit. Every pass bought during these events went directly into the WGT bank account. They were not free. 

The poster tied the free credit limit to passes being available.

Passes obtained with "bought" credits may also decline, but that appears to be tied back to availability of free ones for other uses.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 9:18 AM

WGTChampion:

A couple things

Thanks

_CHAMPION

Thanks, Champ.

We do not know, nor do we need to know, the details of WGT revenue/expenses/profit but most of us understand that it is a business that does not intend to operate at a loss.

It would help if we knew the actual limit and time frame, but I can also understand that WGT does not have to release that as it might be subject to change.

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 10:19 AM

ampass:
    I am fine with 150 credits if they would work, i get maybe 20 then nada.  I reset and still nada.
    Same with me, as stated earlier.  Today, new calendar day and new WGT day, and right off the bat, “sorry, no videos available.”

UPDATE 1:30 Eastern.  Was able to get 40 credits before “sorry.”

• RickEh
    104 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 11:02 AM

Back to starter balls for me....  not even the 94 credit wgt balls I like. Need to save for clubs.... i have been playing all the ads allowed usually around 8 or so till the no more videos popup. Then play rounds... click watch video... when a video plays... i stop playing and watch videos till they run out then play games again. Sad....  if everyone quit buying titleists... and played starter balls it wouldnt matter... and would level the playing field. Good to know that ads are limited... i wached for hours the other night and got no credit for them. Now I watch the credit total... if it doesnt change... I quit watching them. Nothings free....  I predict a large drop in sales coming.... also noticed an increase of water holes showing up.... now I know why....   they want you to buy balls and clubs... not going to happen here... sorry.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 11:18 AM

I have only been able to get 42 credits today, if it continues like this people will leave in their droves . There are lots of other games available WGT need to remember that !

i really cannot see why WGT cannot monitor those accounts that are gett8ng say more than 1000 credits a day , then all us other player that just try to keep pace with ball and pass purchases can continue to play normally. We are not the crooks here it’s those using automated systems and multi accounts that are the culprits . 

• EdwardTLogan
    504 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 11:24 AM

As unfair as it was for WGT to arbitrarily limit the watching of videos to earn credits, plucking the figure of 100K credits out of the air would also be a bit rough. I have no idea how to run an emulator or even what one looks like but I have managed to increase my credit balance by over 40,000 since the start of the year.  So having 100,000 credits is eminently achievable in a few years. To wipe a player's credits and ban him/her from watching them simply because they have time to watch them would be unfair. Banning simultaneous logins from the same account would work better imo.

RSS